The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I used to ride Ventures, and broke the hanger on them three times, and cracked a baseplate once. I've never broken a kingpin, but I rode the loosest trucks possible so that could have been why.

was this the awake ones or whatever? i like to ride ventures, but only the venture classic raw... the colored ones and the awake ones seem weak and weird to me...:o

I did a line today at this ledge spot I was pretty fucking hyped on

Tailslide fakie, switch heel, switch BS crook pop out, fakie BS flip, front blunt, ollie up this ledge, nollie heelflip, tre flip, BS 180 over the side of this handrail.

It pretty much completed my day.

• Like 1

Indy's High ( Orange ) bushing are total shit . The Indy Low ( Red ) are a bit better but I ditch them both for some Bones Medium Bushings...a combo that works , try it out . :cool:

just got some new indy highs with the same orange bushings. the bushings do suck, im gunna check out those bone bushings. this could be cause im 170lbs though.

I replaced the bushings on my trucks with these ancient, super soft bushings I grabbed off an old pair of trucks from a plastic banana board my first girlfriend's little brother used to have. I've been riding them for 20 years. They're so soft you can squish them with your fingers. No one I've ever skated with can ride my board because i have my trucks so loose. No wonder I suck at ramp.

I like Indy's because I can actually tighten the kingpin to the point where the locknut actually grabs. I used to have to shoegoo it in place with Ventures and have to fix it constantly.

I used to break bearings all the time. I'd only broken one deck and three pairs of trucks, but i went through bearings like Runtz candy.

see thats weird, i think I only killed bearings as a poser for riding in the rain and them getting rusted out and fallin apart, back in the bones brigade era. but later on I was breaking kingpins, cracking trucks and definately snapping boards like twice a summer, then it was cool to focus boards when you got pissed so after that it was the regular thing to be walking home with half a board in each hand.

It only happened to me once, on a Black Label I got as a hand-me-down from Tim Upson, which was only park ridden but could have been already cracked. It broke on a pop shove off a guttery loading dock that was probably 3-4' tall. I used to blow out bearings constantly. Nothing is more annoying than a totally functional board with a wheel falling off.

brand new spitfires, board shoots out into t he street. run over and gets dragged under a car ( 4 wheel slide) for about 50 feet.

me, running after car horrified to find 2 of the 4 wheels REALLY worn down almost to the bearings and the other 2 pretty much still brand new somehow.

result, walking home and the day over. this was about '92.

Believe it or not Khiro bushings are incredible , especially on a bigger board with older/bigger trucks . The smallest truck I can skate is a 149mm...ok 147mm Thunder if you want to get technical . I do miss Indy 159's which aren't made anymore . I do however have quite a few pairs of Indy 169mm , which were always my favorite . I have one set of 215mm Indy's left , but they are more or less just become part of my little skate museum at the house .