Toys post here...

swif1

There’s a lot in there n it’s all legit bruv thanks. 

I try to structure but my letters don’t fit together nicely. The L is a awkward letter and so is the i. And the the e has negetive space any way you do it that makes it look wierd. It’s not a nice flow naturally. M is a nice letter we’ll give props to that. 

I picked it bc it had had a nice vibe. That was ages ago. I just started then and didn’t really know what I was doing. Hit the streets with it and next thing I know the local writers know me by it. So now I can’t change it and tbh I don’t want to bc ngl I have a kickass tag even tho I can’t to burners with it. 

I wish i can open my spraycan art but my parents threw that out a while ago ope. Only got to read it like 3 times. My graffiti school went also. Managed to keep my subway art lent that to a friend to keep for a while so my folks can forget about it. 

586FDF47-0D32-49C1-9D05-AF28B460A45E.jpeg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The top one is the best overall in my opinion.  The flow of the letters starts off well with the base of the L and there are no extra add ons on the piece.  The unnecessary effects on the second piece takes away from your letters which don't flow in that example.  To be specific here - all of the letters get progressively smaller from the start.  As far as the third goes, the LIM flow well but the E is too small in comparison to the L and the M.  The I flows acceptably well because of it's width (I would personally make the top of it a bit higher though to stay in flow with the other letters).

Here is my contribution to the thread:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, enteruncreativename said:

The unnecessary effects on the second piece

Actually those effects - *cough*characteristicsbutIdoubtuknowthediffyet*cough* - were necessary. 

Thank you for the rest of the feedback tho. 

Some feedback for you: try practicing some bars with constant width, all your letters are uneven. Your bubble letters seem good tho. Are those one liners? 

@Limeliciouz- sorry for all the sketch lines but I wanted to do this super quick without over-thinking it. 

I took your last posted sketch as inspiration and redrew it with how I saw the letters working together. This is kinda what my mentor did for me a few times and it really helped me understand how my letters could come together, so hopefully it helps you. 

I first drew the M and E, then the L and I, and then put them together so I could see the whole piece and how it come together. Sorry the right side of the E gets cut off. 

10387ECA-FBC1-48F6-BF7F-872DC37D8AAE.jpeg

F258DC52-5F33-41AD-94D3-76E8061F5044.jpeg

C8F6FAA6-F335-4170-B123-138539BA8825.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 6

6 hours ago, Joker said:

@Limeliciouz- sorry for all the sketch lines but I wanted to do this super quick without over-thinking it. 

I took your last posted sketch as inspiration and redrew it with how I saw the letters working together. This is kinda what my mentor did for me a few times and it really helped me understand how my letters could come together, so hopefully it helps you. 

I first drew the M and E, then the L and I, and then put them together so I could see the whole piece and how it come together. Sorry the right side of the E gets cut off. 

10387ECA-FBC1-48F6-BF7F-872DC37D8AAE.jpeg

F258DC52-5F33-41AD-94D3-76E8061F5044.jpeg

C8F6FAA6-F335-4170-B123-138539BA8825.jpeg

Bode lizard in the top left creeping out from behind the L and Cheech defeated posture on the floor, legs splayed and back leaned up against the front of the E. Bode butterfly or two floating around and think this ones a wrap. 

• Like 2
  • Props 2

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

Bode lizard in the top left creeping out from behind the L and Cheech defeated posture on the floor, legs splayed and back leaned up against the front of the E. Bode butterfly or two floating around and think this ones a wrap. 

Bode characters always add that finishing touch...

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 7.47.52 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Props 8

@Joker@misteravenhaha it’s cool to see u guys having fun with my tag and joker it lookin old skl fresh as fuck damn thank man I love the bode charachters which I wanted to ask by the way do any of the bode comics still exist to buy? Like not as an artifact tho lmao I’m broke lol 

was looking back thru my stuff and found this from at least a year or two ago....feels like I’m getting worse 😂🙈😢

image.jpg

Edited by Limeliciouz

On 10/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Limeliciouz said:

Actually those effects - *cough*characteristicsbutIdoubtuknowthediffyet*cough* - were necessary. 

Thank you for the rest of the feedback tho. 

Some feedback for you: try practicing some bars with constant width, all your letters are uneven. Your bubble letters seem good tho. Are those one liners? 

What I meant was for you to focus on the letters themselves before you detail on the effects on top of them. 

No problem and I think the inconsistent bars are just my style of expressing different parts of the word.  But I tend to make them go taller so, yeah that is something I should pay more attention to.  Thank you and yes they are one liners.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:02 PM, Joker said:

Are you looking for feedback or just contributing?

I was contributing something to be commented about if someone wanted to.  Your piece is 🎖️ though.

@Limeliciouzif I were you, I’d get a pad of tracing paper, print out @Joker’s outline and redraw it a bunch of times and explore new ways to connect the letters and evolve the flow of it. Get a real feel for what’s going on and experiment. Once you feel you really have it down, you can redraw it clean a final time and then practice inking it in cleanly. From that point, I’d go back in and play with various 3d’s, graphics, background clouds etc in pencil so you can further practice proportions and flow. Do all that before you break out markers and play with color. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

@Limeliciouzif I were you, I’d get a pad of tracing paper, print out @Joker’s outline and redraw it a bunch of times and explore new ways to connect the letters and evolve the flow of it. Get a real feel for what’s going on and experiment. Once you feel you really have it down, you can redraw it clean a final time and then practice inking it in cleanly. From that point, I’d go back in and play with various 3d’s, graphics, background clouds etc in pencil so you can further practice proportions and flow. Do all that before you break out markers and play with color. 

I just can’t be bothered copying someone else’s work. I’ll do it to show u I can tho now that u put me up to it. I just don’t feel good or accomplished abt it 

7 minutes ago, Limeliciouz said:

I just can’t be bothered copying someone else’s work. I’ll do it to show u I can tho now that u put me up to it. I just don’t feel good or accomplished abt it 

This is about mentoring and learning, not copying. A very notable writer took the time to give you a sketch, so make the most of it. You're likely too young and too new to realize the opportunity you're being given by that (and other accomplished writers dropping in and providing feedback and direction), but its not a common thing. You'd be best served in terms of your own progression, as well as paying proper respect by doing that and making the most of it. This isn't the same as redrawing someone elses outline (which isn't even a bad thing or unusual) or anything like biting... He did that for you... Use it.

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

11 minutes ago, misteraven said:

This is about mentoring and learning, not copying. A very notable writer took the time to give you a sketch, so make the most of it. You're likely too young and too new to realize the opportunity you're being given by that (and other accomplished writers dropping in and providing feedback and direction), but its not a common thing. You'd be best served in terms of your own progression, as well as paying proper respect by doing that and making the most of it. This isn't the same as redrawing someone elses outline (which isn't even a bad thing or unusual) or anything like biting... He did that for you... Use it.

Yeah I’m doing it didn’t mean disrespect

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misteraven said:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Limeliciouz said:

Nothing adds up 🙈 sorry I’m not doing much justice to ur thing joker

What do you mean by nothing adds up? I want to know what you see. 

I second what @misteravensaid about copying. I’ve given this outline to you as a learning tool, use it as you need to. Any writer whose had a mentor will tell you this is a common practice. You’re not copying, you’re learning. The more outlines I give you the more you learn. At a certain point it becomes difficult to tell you how something works without showing you, which is why I gave you the sketch. If that’s not the direction you want to go just tell me and I’ll think of something else. 

Personally I think you made the sketch a little better. The weight of the letters seem a little thicker, which I like, and the whole piece seems more readable, which I like. 

• Like 2

@Ray40I can't tell if you're a troll or if you're 12 years old. If you're 12, cool, party hard and take the advice in this thread.

You are drawing the exact same letters over and over, and then asking if you're making progress. Stop all of what you are doing and draw the letters as they are shaped on your keyboard, spaced apart, not overlapping. Nothing extra, just each  R A Y . no lean, no 3d, no shadow, no fill. Just each letter in its simplest form. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

And I thought I was making progress, should I really go all the way back to keyboard, I understand that letters need the sane height, bar width, and style to be clean so I think I will keep following jokers outline and the alphabets I have learned that are stored in my head

• Like 1