NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if raven picked this up from the original thread so here it is..

mac OS 9.1... explorer 5.

Picture-1.jpg

i also get that scrolling the width of the largest image on the thread to read replies... major pain in the arse.

small coding problems that will be fixed i'm sure but you need to know about them..

definitely good shit otherwise..

I chose to now allow delete buttons and to limit edits to 5 minutes from when the reply is posted. This keep everyone accountable for their actions and hopefully makes people think twice before posting.

Attachments have been set so that everyone is allowed 3mb of space. Not a lot, but better than nothing at all, and you can still use image hosts to link to. At a later date, we'll be allowing a premium membership for a reasonable fee (Probably $15 a year) That will allow much more attachment space, webmail service, as well as a few options I'm trying to work out.

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k@Oct 11 2004, 12:22 PM

not sure if raven picked this up from the original thread so here it is..

mac OS 9.1... explorer 5.

Picture-1.jpg

i also get that scrolling the width of the largest image on the thread to read replies... major pain in the arse.

small coding problems that will be fixed i'm sure but you need to know about them..

definitely good shit otherwise..

I chose to not support browsers older than a year or two, because by doing so it limited features/formatting the other 98% of people using a current browser could see. IE fort Mac is a particularly shitty browser and is a good 3.5 years old. I suggest getting OSX and using Safari. Otherwise, download Firefox or another respectable browser. I suggest Firefox for PC users.

There's no excuse considering broswers are free...

PC

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

http://www.opera.com/

MAC

http://www.apple.com/safari/

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/

http://www.opera.com/

ive been waiting for the browse attachment thing for a while,somewhere down the line,i cant figure that shit out!

i wanted to post some flicks from my own collection,but

it browses and find it,but it seems like it wont post my shit

or else iam hitting the wrong button?EUROPE was trying to help out,but called in sick...at least not sick enuff to sit in front of 12oz!!!!!!wheres the help at?

Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 11 2004, 12:31 PM

I chose to not support browsers older than a year or two, because by doing so it limited features/formatting the other 98% of people using a current browser could see. IE fort Mac is a particularly shitty browser and is a good 3.5 years old. I suggest getting OSX and using Safari. Otherwise, download Firefox or another respectable browser. I suggest Firefox for PC users.

thanks, i know all too well what you're getting at..

unfortunately i'm on an older mac that just can't handle OSX. all the browsers you mentioned need OSX except for earlier versions of Mozilla and Netscape, which are extremely buggy on 9.1. this browser is the best of the bunch on my system.

guess i'm shit out of luck..

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k+Oct 11 2004, 12:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigpoppa.k - Oct 11 2004, 12:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Misteraven@Oct 11 2004, 12:31 PM

thanks, i know all too well what you're getting at..

unfortunately i'm on an older mac that just can't handle OSX. all the browsers you mentioned need OSX except for earlier versions of Mozilla and Netscape, which are extremely buggy on 9.1. this browser is the best of the bunch on my system.

guess i'm shit out of luck..

[/b]

I'm sure there are a lot of others stuck on OS9. Try looking around a bit more. Mozzila has a lot of offerings, plus you've got iCab and a few others. Though you might want to buy some ram or get a new computer...

so can i get a list of threads started by a certain user yet?

i personally have found no way

can someone show me the light?

(ps, loving the fast reply box)

Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 11 2004, 12:25 PM

I chose to now allow delete buttons and to limit edits to 5 minutes from when the reply is posted. This keep everyone accountable for their actions and hopefully makes people think twice before posting.

WTF! i'm sorry I find that very f'kn stupid to do! I run the battle thread so I need the delete button. Thanx Hev n joker for the responses but if there is no delete button this site corny 2 me!

On the thread pages, you can mouse-over the user names at the bottom of the screen and see what they're up to [reading, posting].

On the forum pages, you can sort users [at the bottom of the screen] by username or last action ... so you can see if someone has been sitting on 12oz for 4 hours without doing anything.

Originally posted by StarzAbove@Oct 11 2004, 07:23 PM

WTF! i'm sorry I find that very f'kn stupid to do! I run the battle thread so I need the delete button. Thanx Hev n joker for the responses but if there is no delete button this site corny 2 me!

first of all You started a thread; which thus far you could 'control' (delete your posts) . Secondly how hard is to find a slightly new way of doing things. Adjust or become obsolete.

And a bit of free advice:

Dont call the "CONTROLA" of your favorite site stupid; that will surely get you banned before it gets you a delete button.

Originally posted by heavyLox+Oct 12 2004, 02:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (heavyLox - Oct 12 2004, 02:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StarzAbove@Oct 11 2004, 07:23 PM

first of all You started a thread; which thus far you could 'control' (delete your posts) . Secondly how hard is to find a slightly new way of doing things. Adjust or become obsolete.

And a bit of free advice:

Dont call the "CONTROLA" of your favorite site stupid; that will surely get you banned before it gets you a delete button.

[/b]

I never said the MOD was stupid it's the idea that's dumb. GEE LET'S nOT LET PEOPLE DELETE OR EDIT! Seriously with so many controlling egotistic mods on this site I can careless!

Originally posted by StarzAbove@Oct 12 2004, 09:31 AM

I never said the MOD was stupid it's the idea that's dumb. GEE LET'S nOT LET PEOPLE DELETE OR EDIT! Seriously with so many controlling egotistic mods on this site I can careless!

But who do you think developed that idea?

Possibly the owner of this website... maybe? Ya think?

What does the fact the us mods are attractive and wonderful have to do with your original point and whether or not you could now careless?

You're no makin nun sense, yer tryin 2 tie a granny knot wit two loops, but it aint happin'.

PS: But Im sure Raven took into consideration the official battle thread, I mean, where would we be without it. I think he's actually making an Official Battle thread section for you to mod!

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Oct 12 2004, 05:42 PM

just noticed under user name online it said googlebot as a memeber name but coulnt click on it..care to explain?

I created an extensive list of bots, as well as a detailed robots.txt file to better track and limit bots that crawl attempt to index this site. For the most part, they're required to identify themselves while indexing our pages, and are limited from entering directories where the have no business being in. Anyhow, they show up in the user list like everyone else, but since they aren't required to have an account, there's no link to click on.

For those that don't know, there's hundreds of thousands of bots that crawl the internet. Most scour web pages for email addresses they can log and report back to the spammers that unleash them. However many are productive and are released by serach engines to index pages so that when you search for something, it can provide more accurate/detailed results. In our case, we chose to allow about a hundred or so of the better known, productive bots access to most of this site so that our pages would be properly indexed for the corresponding search engines.

speaking of bots and indexing.....

the new search 'function' isnt very functional.

When the old one was working, it was way more

effective just because of the fields you go use.

Things like 'Search in thread titles only' are HUGE helps in searching.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor+Oct 10 2004, 11:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (some pittsburgh flavor - Oct 10 2004, 11:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor@Oct 9 2004, 07:12 AM

what's the deal with this dave chappelle/comedy central's new ad campaign assed logo though?

[/b]

Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 11 2004, 04:24 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-diggity@Oct 11 2004, 03:59 PM

5.jpg

1.jpg

For the record, this is the same designer that did the header graphics to our illustrious site... http://razauno.com/

i'm diggin it.

Archived