Shoes?

Fugazi

3 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Golden Goose would like a word hahaha. I can see why there's a market on distressed shoes though. I find some shoes look better when they're worn in, like my white low tops. Shitty part is finding a sole that can be replaced. That's where your boy @glorydayscame in and out me on to the dude that has Margom soles. I'm going to reach out to the dude to see if he has any soles that'd fit my white sneakers. I find it so damn wasteful to trash a pair of nicely worn shoes. 

Bro, I was just as happy as you are when i found the dude.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I must say I am digging these golden goose.  I personally think they did a good job on the color combo with the silhouette and top with the distress.  With that said I think golden goose are the masters at out of the box pre distressed. 

Screenshot_20201026-203319_Brave.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, and their soles are vulcanized too. Good looks on that Jason guy. I just undid the laces of my Kris Van Assche Surgery and the suede be a bit dirty. Idfk how to clean suede so imma have to hit him up. 

I soaked my laces in baking soda x hydrogen peroxide x detergent overnight and then mfers are Anglo as fuuuuu.

Probably going to sell off some of my Ultraboosts to make way for some Rafs and DH shoes soon.

Old pic but whatever. If you're as particular as I am, yes, it takes half an hour to lace them. And yes, the laces are tall, if not taller, than me. Lmao.

992166F1-40D4-4005-94E5-455D62705063.jpeg

• Props 1

Just posted this in another thread, but going to give these a go for everyday ranch sneakers... minus one point for being low tops. plus one point for being gore-tex. plus a point for having blaze accents for that high visibility. trying to balance practicality with flossing while out in the woods. I can tell all the deer are jealous of how I strut.

1080DC5E-EE57-435A-8E3E-4F2342ED000B.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Just posted this in another thread, but going to give these a go for everyday ranch sneakers... minus one point for being low tops. plus one point for being gore-tex. plus a point for having blaze accents for that high visibility. trying to balance practicality with flossing while out in the woods. I can tell all the deer are jealous of how I strut.

1080DC5E-EE57-435A-8E3E-4F2342ED000B.jpeg

I was on the fence on these

I'm kind of over adidas since i wore them for so long

But IRAK! I'm a huge fan of earsnot. If I can find these somewhere in my size i will most likely cop.

• Like 1

ya'll can roast me idgaf

call me hypocrite

call me whatever

i got a line on a pair of chicago's and i'm gonna stain the midsole yellow and slap on some cream laces

fuck ya'll

yes

I'm intentionally aging the shoes

I'm using the Saloncare cream 40 and ivory candle dye method

saloncare 40     80%

ivory dye             20%

i'm hoping this is the result

Haven't posted here in a minute, but wanted to share my latest pickup. 1994  AJ1 Chicago. Switched out the black laces with a cream pair to match the  midsole. : Sneakers

• Like 1
  • Props 1

38 minutes ago, glorydays said:

ya'll can roast me idgaf

call me hypocrite

call me whatever

i got a line on a pair of chicago's and i'm gonna stain the midsole yellow and slap on some cream laces

fuck ya'll

yes

I'm intentionally aging the shoes

I'm using the Saloncare cream 40 and ivory candle dye method

saloncare 40     80%

ivory dye             20%

i'm hoping this is the result

Haven't posted here in a minute, but wanted to share my latest pickup. 1994  AJ1 Chicago. Switched out the black laces with a cream pair to match the  midsole. : Sneakers

it’s wild to think this is the current trend. there was a time i knew i had to get a new pair when they yellowed like this 

• LOL! 1

@CLICKCLACKONER 

At least in the 90s anyway. Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. The Saucony Jazz were the only thing going to rival the color ways of nike dopemans.

This is an interesting topic in and of itself. Regional popularity of shoes and also regional nick names for shoes. When I first moved to VA people were calling low cut AirForce 1s DCs. In the midwest we called them OldSchools.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@CLICKCLACKONER 

At least in the 90s anyway. Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. The Saucony Jazz were the only thing going to rival the color ways of nike dopemans.

This is an interesting topic in and of itself. Regional popularity of shoes and also regional nick names for shoes. When I first moved to VA people were calling low cut AirForce 1s DCs. In the midwest we called them OldSchools.

All white af1’s are called uptowns in nyc. 

• Props 1

interesting thought on something that's been on my mind lately

don't scoff or laugh or anything

sustainablity

The question is this: If I am able to make my own shit, why not just do that?

So I started looking up how to make shoes and came across an entire community of people making their own nikes.

fucking rad

So I dug deeper (it wasn't that deep) and found a class and a shop that sells the tools you need to make your own favorite nike silhouette.

The shop had a fucking kit for Jordan 1 highs: either the OG or the modern version.

The shop is called Xylar Studio and they sell the pattern, last, wings punch, but, they don't have the soles

The soles you can get from etsy or some other site that makes rubber soles for any shoe you want.

IMG_4834-3_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1600013917

image_734bdb3f-9869-4f34-870d-1a2d58bd1e08_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1600013917

IMG_4898_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1601741770

IMG_1903-2-4_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1584984516

IMG_4640_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1599409876

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, glorydays said:

The shop is called Xylar Studio and they sell the pattern, last, wings punch, but, they don't have the soles

Most not all, but pretty much all shoe brands use Vibram.  Vibram is basically the equivalent to Bosch is to the automobile industry.  

I use to buy there rubber sheets, but I have found that spending a little more money on specific industry grades of rubber lasts longer.  However, I am not making my own outer soles, just adding to them for wear and tear protectors. 

• Truth 1