Shoes?

Fugazi

2 minutes ago, ndv said:

Most not all, but pretty much all shoe brands use Vibram.  Vibram is basically the equivalent to Bosch is to the automobile industry.  

I use to buy there rubber sheets, but I have found that spending a little more money on specific industry grades of rubber lasts longer.  However, I am not making my own outer soles, just adding to them for wear and tear protectors. 

I'll be using the actual nike printed jordan 1 outsoles

They're pretty generic and probably is used on multiple general release model nikes

I'll try to put up links for actual nike printed outsoles.

• Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok so i think i spent almost fucking 6 hours looking for some goddamn jordan 1 soles

short of going to china or alibaba (LMAO) to order the jordan 1 outsole in the thousands of units, there's no fucking store that sells individual outsoles

so i looked to vibram ( @ndv yea yea rub it in) for cupsole construction

welcome the strigthon sole from vibram

Vibram Sole 2148 Strighton for sneakers size 36-46 image 1

7 hours ago, ndv said:

Most not all, but pretty much all shoe brands use Vibram.  Vibram is basically the equivalent to Bosch is to the automobile industry.  

I use to buy there rubber sheets, but I have found that spending a little more money on specific industry grades of rubber lasts longer.  However, I am not making my own outer soles, just adding to them for wear and tear protectors. 

Good analogy. Quite curious as to what brand you prefer over Vibram. I recently came across a brand that makes shiny half sole protectors to be used on Celine or Louboutin footwear but the name escapes me. I do know it's an Italian brand though. 

I found the rubber compound Vibram uses for my half soles to be the stiffest(?) but I've only used Goodyear and Topy. However, it's a millimeter or two thicker. I bought my double monkstraps used with Vibram half soles applied and they've outlasted the other two brands without breaking a sweat. Purely anecdotal, but this is from wearing dress shoes Monday through Thursday with a steady rotation. 

For someone who doesn't wear dress shoes often, I advise you that it doesn't matter which brand you opt for. Then again, this a sneaker thread. 

And fuck heel/toe taps. They're so ugly lmao. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swif1 said:

Have you tried AliExpress? They offer

smaller scale bulk offerings ime. Also, what about Margom soles? That there's the go-to for designer sneakers unless they use custom molds a la Dior, SLP, or Louboutin. 

margom actually looks promising and i completely forgot about them

they have the "air" pockets needed for a nike sole....i would prefer the margoms if the price is right

Wasn't aware Margom makes other soles ha. They're definitely sturdy and lasts forever. I can't speak for Virtus, but I'd like to let you know their "classic" cupsole cannot remove scuffs or stains as easily unless you use the magic eraser. Depending on what you hit the sole with, you can rub it off with a heavy dose of elbow grease. 

• Truth 1

11 hours ago, swif1 said:

Wasn't aware Margom makes other soles ha. They're definitely sturdy and lasts forever. I can't speak for Virtus, but I'd like to let you know their "classic" cupsole cannot remove scuffs or stains as easily unless you use the magic eraser. Depending on what you hit the sole with, you can rub it off with a heavy dose of elbow grease. 

for me, i dont really mind when my outsole gets dirty, but i will keep that in mind if i stain the outsole during a build or some shit

I beat my shoes to death lmao

best believe broski

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, delv said:

@glorydaysif you want info on all things shoes check out Shoe Surgeon or my boi @air32 on Instagram. Both super helpful resources. 

https://instagram.com/airthirtytwo?igshid=lk8h3g8c89f2

oh yea

no

lol

i've met shoe surgeon at complexcon and agenda las vegas

he likes to show off his "students" shoes....and if those shoes are a measure of his teaching skills, then no thank you lmao

shoe surgeon charges 5 grand for 5 days and he doesn't even pay for food

yea, fuck that noise 

But i will look up your boy on IG

On 11/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, swif1 said:

Good analogy. Quite curious as to what brand you prefer over Vibram. I recently came across a brand that makes shiny half sole protectors to be used on Celine or Louboutin footwear but the name escapes me. I do know it's an Italian brand though. 

I found the rubber compound Vibram uses for my half soles to be the stiffest(?) but I've only used Goodyear and Topy. However, it's a millimeter or two thicker. I bought my double monkstraps used with Vibram half soles applied and they've outlasted the other two brands without breaking a sweat. Purely anecdotal, but this is from wearing dress shoes Monday through Thursday with a steady rotation. 

For someone who doesn't wear dress shoes often, I advise you that it doesn't matter which brand you opt for. Then again, this a sneaker thread. 

And fuck heel/toe taps. They're so ugly lmao. 

I think I know what brand you're talking about but I cannot remember the name but where kinda exspensive if I remember correctly.   Thats when I decided to venture in to industrial rubbers that can be more durable and cheaper since it raw stock. 

But yeah l would have to go back and look up the brand.  

• Truth 1

On 9/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, glorydays said:

The Chinese will pay top dollar for that

No cap

I would sell them shits for toooop as fuck dollar

Ok here’s one for the pairs. DS from 2002. Would eBay bring me the most $$? That’s where I used to resell back in the day. Any suggestions welcome. I think these go for $300. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, glorydays said:

C4B5535C-7CA0-4DD8-8284-545D3234E8B7.jpeg

• Like 2

SWEET MARY AND JOSEPH

What are those colorways called

goddamn

dunks that old can be sold to some dumbass hipster chick for a whole stack

NO CAP

5 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Ok here’s one for the pairs. DS from 2002. Would eBay bring me the most $$? That’s where I used to resell back in the day. Any suggestions welcome. I think these go for $300. 

C4B5535C-7CA0-4DD8-8284-545D3234E8B7.jpeg

5 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

Another pair ds from same era. 

D53D17B3-F5C8-470F-9F2F-F155E7C5CA25.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

10 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@glorydayswould eBay be the best route?

edit: got these on sale for $32.50 each. Haha!

pre 2008 dunks and sb dunks would fucking sit

they would sit for sooooooo long that they would be morked down to the 30's 

so you are not lying

I would do all of the selling sites. ebay, grailed, poshmarked, etc.

Make sure that you label them 2002 and NON-SB

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...