bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know about anyone else but where I live the local racing association has a message board for people to post stuff for sale, info about races, carpooling... all kinds of crap. But I've seen some killer deals for used bikes on there. If you want to go the used route and get something a little better than even an entry level bike... check into that. Your local shop should know if something similar exists in your area.

Got in 25 miles yesterday... wow. My body practically shut down by the time I got home. Sad...

When is the San Francisco pro race? Soon, right?

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

its looking like i might be living in the lake tahoe region for the winter and into the spring. anyone ever ride at altitude? maybe i'll actually loose weight.

yo HESH, time to do some 'Rocky' style training in the snow and shit. Cue the music. Bum Bum - Bum Bum Bum - Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum ---Ban na Bum - Ban na Bum

Altitude isn't that bad. Give it a couple of days to get used to it though, or you'll get sick.

So I'm back from my vacation. Nothing really exciting happened. I didn't paint. I didn't bench. And I rode my bike for all of 20 minutes. I did however get wrecked at skatepark in NC.

I start my new job tomorrow morning.

Guest HESHIANDET

whats the new job?

i have a bike dilema..i don't feel l like typeing it all out right now but it involves me, colnago,tommasini,pinnarello,specialized,campy,shimano, and some other noteables....

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

i have a bike dilema..i don't feel l like typeing it all out right now but it involves me, colnago,tommasini,pinnarello,specialized,campy,shimano, and some other noteables....

damn, now thats sounds like a familiar dilema. colnago!

joker the sf grand prix is on the 18, its sunday. i will be missing it due to work. i really think my shop should close down in support of it though. damn.

Guest HESHIANDET

its looking like the technos, but im really geeked on the finish of the tommasinis. shit and the specialiazed im talking about is going to be a dope bike for next year. all foco tubing, ultegra group and i forget which set of mavic box wheels, but it retails for 12.. or 1300. that makes cost like 700. for a complete. i could rock that bike complete w/ ksyriums for what i would pay for the technos and a centaur group. ugh.

fr8o....

i actually just got a GTI. i was choosing from matchstick red or reflex silver... not homo white like that pictured above. :) whatchu know about 17s?

i've been all track bike lately. the racer has got no burn since the long trip. i'm all about building power at all rpms. hesh- you got the shop job man. think about that. that means it's time to treat yourself right and go big, brah. gotta be campy colnago. :) just to plant that seed. man, imagine that coast black colnago with those ridiculous black carbon record levers. come on now...

The new job is at a different bike shop. I had a good day.

We went to Atlanta and NC instead of Colorado.

I got the chance to play with a Ferrari (sp?) Colnago mountain bike today. Full suspension. Carbon seat post and handlebar. The thing was tricked out. There are only like 500 in the world. It was very cool.

Originally posted by alkaline

We went to Atlanta and NC instead of Colorado.

oh

Originally posted by alkaline

I got the chance to play with a Ferrari (sp?) Colnago mountain bike today. Full suspension. Carbon seat post and handlebar. The thing was tricked out. There are only like 500 in the world. It was very cool.

you bastard...the best my shop has is a trek 5200 road bike in a 52cm, so even if I wanted to ride it, I couldn't.

hesh, yeah the specialized bikes are killer this year(03). the allez elite, full ultegra, carbon seat post and fork, columbus aluminum tubing. plus its that pimp zebra stripe aqua-sapone paint job. at like $1600 retail. dude we cant build that bike fast enough at my shop. they sell as soon as we put em on the floor.

did my first cyclocross trainning yesterday. after the last few weeks building back my fitness level, yesterday i went to the course my friend and his buddies have built, its basically a full on race course complete with barriors, stairs and run ups of all kinds. that was the most awkward i have felt on a bike in years. i felt ok dimounting and running, but the remount at speed, i felt so uncoordinated. it was alot of fun, and alot of laughing at myself. but if i keep it up and keep training with these guys i should be pretty strong i hope as a c class racer, they are all a class and fast as hell.soo awkward.

i did my first real cross ride yesterday...it weird when youve been riding your roadbike all summer then you get on your cross bike and it feels so different...but first race is in 6 weeks in baltimore (monkey hill) and nationals are in napa vallie Ca dec. 13th and 14th which really sucks b/c that's my exam week so im going to have to be reallynice to my teachers so i can move some of them around...but it looks like the school is going to pay for me to fly out there and race

Originally posted by bl4ckh4m

i just got an old schwinn prelude frame im thinking about converting into a single speed. its got horizontal dropouts so i shouldnt need a chain tensioner. anyone have advice on cheap quick conversions?

Just find an old pair of freewheel hubs somewhere. I got 4 rear hubs at my local bike swap this March for like $10 total. Have 'em built onto a Mavic Open Pro rim and they'll last you for a long time. Screw on a track hub and an old BB lockring (w/ a little loctite) and you're good to go. Buy a solid MTB axle from your local shop ($8), and drop it into the hub instead of the skewered axle. I've been using this setup on my fixie for quite some time with no problems.

my streak of bad luck continues.

last night I managed to fuck up the exact same finger on my right hand.

Since Karma had me up against a wall muggin' my ass, I can only hope that the rest of the season will be uneventful. Maybe I'm getting my injuries out of the way early instead of during the cross season.

gadamn...somebody put some miles in for me.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by nic sucks

I say a Cannondale track bike at my friends shop last night. They only want $500 dollars for it (pretty good for a bike that usually sells for $1000). Custom paint...mmmmmm

fuck aluminium and fuck cheerleader...HA!

well i don't really wanna fuck cheerleader bt you know, he is a sexy white muslim...im serious about fucking aluminum bikes though. unless that shit is track only, fuck it man, its on;y gonna hurt your ass.

update

just got back from the bike shop..the only bike in my price range and thier "entrylevel" bike was the Trek 820...for 240....

its a decent price but what about the bike? i mean he said its not a straight out mountain bike as i could tell but im not jumping off any cliffs right now...but i do want to go off road...so any thoughts?

and jesus cannondales are expensive..I never knew until I saw them...there goes my dreams of having a bike like that for some years...:eek: :(

oh well i just need a decent ride right now and ill be happy;)