bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

t-town swap is saturday october 12th from 9am - 2pm. raindate is sunday the 13th. GET THERE EARLY! i'll be camping out this year like woah.

al: tell me about it dude, today i was like "so whats cost on a masterlight?" oh christ im in for it.

just got back from a bike vacation with a couple of friends. rode over 700 miles in the past week, including five centuries in a row. montreal was off the fucking hook. ridiculous women, i mean really just inconceivable. mountains in vermont like a mother. beautiful stuff. loving my bike more than ever, the experience just put our relationship on a whole new level, complete extension of my body type thing. maybe i can elaborate more later and post some photos when i get them back.

what's up with a cutters east ride? it's beautiful riding weather out here. i've been away for a minute, sorry i missed warriors... sounds like dudes are doing well.

Guest HESHIANDET

i would love to get to vt before the winter hits and rip shit on some of those hills. alas, i think work will have me by the balls. i'd be down to try and hook up for a ride though.

steve austin, i am not a big fan of ritchey wheeles either, but i dont think that they are nessesarily bad, the problem with a broken spoke ist that once one goes, the wheel is pretty much done, cause you keep breaking more due to the spoke tension being off for long enough to weaken one and more. the wheel will never be the same after a broken spoke.check around though, you may be able to get a new 02 wheele dirt cheap right now on the net. cause of the 03 year stuff comming out now, or maybe even someone selling there used wheeles. broken stuff sucks.

my week hasn't been the best either. The same night I broke another spoke on the road wheel, I took the mtn bike out. It was pissed off at me for neglecting it, so the front tire was flat. I just aired up the front (slow leak) and went out and rode. I'm almost done with my ride when I get some nice air on a jump. My landing is kinda weak and I start heading for a big tree. I muscle the bike away from the big tree and end up putting the bike down. As I'm sliding on the ground like an asteroid hitting the surface....my ring finger gets caught on this little ass tree. I just remember seeing that finger fold back in a position that just didn't seem possible. Thought I might've broke it, turns out (most likely) its just a bad sprain. I refused to go to the doctor, so I just placed my hand on the scanner, scanned it and sent it to a doctor friend. He was real hesitant to tell me it wasn't broken. Swollen like a motha and still hurts like hell.

I'm emailing Ritchey about the wheel. hopefully they'll hook me up. Until I get my sponsporship packages...I'm not buying a thing.

The trash talk had been increasing daily in the week approaching the latest in the Frank Tuesday series, The Search for Spock. Most of it being the standard shit you'd expect for this kind of race. Then Max has to chime in. Max is the 300lb self-appointed Minister of Whining, because he didn't like the results of the last race. Hey, the other team got a 40-minute time bonus for shit (yes, a ziplock bag of feces). It put them over the top. WHat can I say, they earned it. Anyway, Max starts in with this inane bullshit about how he's gonna win this time, fuck everybody else, blah, blah, blah. 20 people unsubscribe from the list before the promoters finally shut his ass up.

So Saturday evening rolls around. Pre-race BBQ at 4, race at 8. I've got other duties to attend to, so I don't get the bike packed into the car til 6:30. Stop by the grocery store for a sixer of shit beer (carbo loading for the race). This thing's at a park just outside of town that has about 30 miles of sweet mtb trails. But it's a long drive out there.

I finally get there about 7:30. Just in time for the Friz game to end, and for me to imbibe enough foreign substances to be properly lubed for the event. Next thing I know, it's starting. I roll myself over to the starting line, as a 230lb man with a bald head dressed like a nun gives us the lowdown. Something about six buckets in the woods at random places. First one to find all six buckets and bring home the six trinkets inside wins. The other way to win is to find Spock (evidently they couldn't find a Spock doll, so a small plush toy was substituted instead).

After a quick flop of the rear wheel (I was feelin a little too good, so I decided the fixie wouldn't be a good idea), I'm off. Some 20+ miles of trail at my fingertips, and I may have to ride it all to find the six buckets. Nothing like riding around alone in the woods. A short time into my ride, who do I come upon, but Max. He wants to ride together, and to be honest, I'm a little weided out about the alone in the woods thing, so we run together. After about an hour of riding, we finally find one bucket, and take about 3 trinkets each out of the bucket, in case we need to trade with someone else later. A little later, we run into Eric and Beth going the opposite direction. We have a quick chat and continue forward. The whole time Max is talking about how he's gonna fuck anybody up if they find Spock, cuz he's gonna win this one no matter what. I figure I'll ride behind him just in case he passes by it, and then grab it and go the opposite direction. Gone before he wisens up. Never saw Spock though, so I didn't have to test my plan.

Somewhere along the line we come upon a young man standing at a table in the woods. "Drink a cup and sign yer name," he says. Purple Passion. Haven't touched that stuff since I was in high school. Still tastes like shit. We drink, sign, and motor on.

Somewhere around midnight, we decide to head back to the parking lot to see if anyone else has had better luck. We've been riding for 3+ hours, and have 2 buckets so far. Not too good. I grab a beer while Max asks everyone how many they have. Someone mentions that he he found 3 buckets, and took all the trinkets out of each of them and threw them in the woods so no one else could win. I decide I've had enough fun for the evening (I've already gone over the bars once on a particularly rocky section, and now my foot hurts). I hang out for a while and then head for home. It's a long drive, and I don't need to be making it a 6am. Found out Tuesday that the nun told Max where Spock was and he rode back in for it, and came back about 2am with it. The trophy, a cool sculture made of a BMX wheel and fork (among other things) resembling the Starship Enterprise, had already been given out to someone else. They evidently brought back all six buckets plus a wooden sign (requiring HER to ride one-handed in singletrack at night). Of couse, Max whined about that too.....

Coming soon, the Tribute to White Trash (Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Whiskey, and mullets).

I'm here to tell you I'm having yet another shitty day. I swear sometimes my shitty days run into each other giving me shitty weeks. I think I'm in the middle of a shitty month. That's shitty.

The lock-ring threads on my shitty track hub stripped, and now I can't ride (well I can ride, but I can't stop too fast). grrrr.

Damn... I haven't been in here for a grip. Sounds like everyone is doing good though. Well, except Nic and his shitty days.

Congrats on the job Hesh!

Steve... That Joker bike is sick! I even like the colors. What's an ugly bike like that go for? More than I make in a year I'm sure.

I haven't been riding at all. At all. Not even to work. I've got a belly the size of Babe Ruth (Well, not really but it feels like it) and my legs are furry. Shit is weird. I haven't been cold for the last month or so.

Originally posted by nic sucks

I'm here to tell you I'm having yet another shitty day. I swear sometimes my shitty days run into each other giving me shitty weeks. I think I'm in the middle of a shitty month. That's shitty.

The lock-ring threads on my shitty track hub stripped, and now I can't ride (well I can ride, but I can't stop too fast). grrrr.

oh man i had that happen to me with my first set of track wheeles, they were really shi#@y wheeles, its no wonder it happened. the thing is, i had no idea that it was happening, i was ridding home from work, pulling up to a stop light, goin into skid and ping! lock ring busts of the thread along with the cog, they are just there jingling around and i have no control, i was so shocked, i was just flyin into moving traffic, luckily the old bmx foot to tire braking instinct came on and i was able to avoid being hit, but it was damn close. i wish someone was there to take a picture of my face when it happened. i almost soiled myself.:D

whats up joker, that ellsworth bike is tits for real. you could easily spend $5000 on a bike like that. i would love to own that frame, but could NEVER allow myself to spend that type of dough on a frame alone. it is blingin though.

Originally posted by DIBS

oh man i had that happen to me with my first set of track wheeles, they were really shi#@y wheeles, its no wonder it happened. the thing is, i had no idea that it was happening, i was ridding home from work, pulling up to a stop light, goin into skid and ping! lock ring busts of the thread along with the cog, they are just there jingling around and i have no control, i was so shocked, i was just flyin into moving traffic, luckily the old bmx foot to tire braking instinct came on and i was able to avoid being hit, but it was damn close. i wish someone was there to take a picture of my face when it happened. i almost soiled myself.:D

That's exactly what happened to me.

HESH - they were the shitty hubs that came with my bike (Fuji stock hubs), and with the abuse I put my bike through, I should have seen this coming. Not to worry though, I have a set of Surly Track Hubs on order.

i inquired bout a bike a little bit ago here; but now that i have money i intend to get one but im not at all in the know so im looking for some suggestions...i want a good mountain bike but not a fucking monstrosity of a bike you know? now can i get away with buying one from like wal mart or should i go to a bike shop (basically if i buy one should i go for the gusto or would a not so great one do me good)

plus i dont have THAT much money to get one...so any help on brands prices etc...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...don't buy a bike from Walmart. Those bikes are nothing but shyte!

I'd look for a bike with a good frame and so-so components. Its far easier to upgrade components than it is a frame. This will help keep the cost down. Look for used bikes as well. Go to some of the shops and ride lots of different bikes. If you find one you like, but can't afford it...look for a slightly older used version somewhere. Bikes don't normally change too much from year to year.

I'd avoid the Cannondale CAAD4s. It seems like everyone I know has been breaking them. Of course the positive side about this is that they have excellent customer service and replace them rather speedily. Check out mtbr for reviews on entry level bikes.

Guest HESHIANDET

yeah man, even an entry level bike from a shop is going to be 100000000 x's better than a walmart bike. the money you'd save when initially buying the walmart whip will be gone as soon as you have to start replacing broken parts on the piece of shit. you can get an entry level bike for $250, that will be running pretty good.