bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

awesome story steve, congrats.

joker, steve said it all (of course 105 will be cheaper). the catalogs are the way to go, specially if you can build the wheel up yourself. if not go to your lbs, the price difference won't be much...

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I've heard industry rumblings about quite possibly bringing the Bontragers back. Group consensus is...it'll only work if they use the same geometry and make her outta steel.

... which probably won't happen now that Trek owns them.

Go, Steve. That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I really need to start racing.

Thanks guys!

cinnamon...its one of our local races. I would say its more miles than you would want to travel. if ya want more info...I can hit ya up with an email. lemme know.

i would but it wont let me...im planning on going to PA for a few races and some in north carlonia and if all goes as planned nationals..

I disabled the ability to email me. I can drop a "temporary" email if need be.

What do you think of North Carolina?

I've been thinking about moving...and NC is one of the spots I was interested in.

It looks like Nationals isn't going to happen for me. I am working on being broke and I'm still trying to piece together a cross bike. One of my friends is talking about going to Colorado to catch some of the races there....I might hitch a ride with him.

Steve... congrats on first place!! That's awesome! Love the play by play story as well... really puts you there. And thanks for the wheel info!

Dibs... both of those wheels are super cheap! And for a set! Those are good deals, man. Time to reconfigure the budget and see what I can make happen.

The rainy season has started here... fuckin' sucks. It's so cold and it gets dark at like 530. Not likin' it one bit. Trying to get my rain bike back in order to start training come November. I miss racing...

i hit a dog this morning on my bike....

i feel sorry for the dog tho b/c it's always chained up outside this one house and today it's broke the chain or it came out of the ground and it chased me and the 2 guys i was riding with and i was at the back and it got in between me and the other two guys so i slowed down a bit and it started to get tired so i tried to sprint by it and it turned quick and i just nailed it in the midsection and i went down...and my cleat got stuck in my peddle and i had to take the whole peddle apart to get my shoe out my bike is fine...but i could smell the dog right before i hit it and after i hit it and it went home i could still smell it....im sure the dog is always out there...hell if i were a chained up dog i would chase after anything that went by...im going to call the animal patroll people and let them know that the dog was in bad shape and the owners need to be talked too...and my bibs gots a hole in them now..

here is some of my problems maybe someone can help me i have one rear rim busted, it has a bent axle and a broken spoke and all the spokes on the side that the broken spoke are on need replaced (you prolly can imagine what i did) basicly the bike shop told me it would be cheeper to get a new rim. i sort of liked that idea cause i want a 36 spoke rear rim vs my 32 hole rim i got now. this is where problems start i need a hub for a 6/7 speed of 126mm spacing i am having trouble finding these i found phil woods sells them but im not trying to drop $140 on a hub at this time. anyone know any sites out there that are selling hubs for 6/7 speed or even sites that are selling axles?

Originally posted by Joker

The rainy season has started here... fuckin' sucks. It's so cold and it gets dark at like 530.

no kidding, same thing here.

I went to the Trexlertown Velo-swap last weekend. It was schway. There was so much cool stuff there.

For all you fixed gear riders, I picked up a set of Surly "new" track hubs a couple of months ago, and I highly recomend them to anyone who beats the hell out of their wheels. I built mine up on a set of Sun ME14A's with DT Champ spokes (all black), and I haven't had any problems with them.

Is anyone going to the National Cycle Courier Champs in Houston? I'll be there, but I don't know if I'm going to race.

Guest HESHIANDET

you know why i wasn't at t-town swap man? cause i was at my piece of shit fucking shop. long story short im quitting as soon as i get a bike out of them. they're the most horrid people on the face of the earth, and i encourage anyone in the philly area to come on in and shoplift. grrrrrrrr

whoa

something's soured, eh hesh?

sheeyit, i've been riding the mtn bike lately, which equals injuries. i'm always lured back, but i fuckin busted up my leg on saturday bad, and i've even considered selling the piece of shit because moutain bikes aren't for me. i can't hang. i love mountain biking, but yo, i can't do this anymore.

the track bike's been getting burn, but the road bike is a little neglected these days... she needs a wash and some general loving.

anybody ever go to critical mass? i haven't been to one in a while, and i'm considering going to the next one... a couple have been fun, some have been critically wack.

looking for 80s campy downtube shifters... who's got em?

cross report

man....my first cross race when straight to shit. I was lined up front and center for the start. Race started with a 100 yd mad dash to a hairpin corner and the first set of barriers. Hit the barriers and some dude in front of me didn't know how to carry his bike, so I grabbed his rear wheel and pushed it the fuck outta my face. That kinda got me a bit hot, so I jumped on out front and took the lead. I don't have my cross bike finished yet, so I was riding the mt bike. It really crushed on the downhill portions of the course. I was heading back towards the start line and I had one last set of barriers to go. The course dipped down a hill and made a 90 degree turn up hill with barriers at the bottom of the hill right next to the corner and at the top of the hill. I hit that corner hot, hot, hot and proceeded to slide right out. After I got done flopping around and untangled myself from my bike, I hobbled up the barriers and jumped on the bike. No go....I dropped the chain. Put the chain back on and tried to catch up with the leaders. It was pretty much not happening. My whole left side and back was on fire after a couple more laps. I completely fell apart and ended up in like 12th place.

oh well, there is always next week.

Originally posted by AREANKAY

anyone know any sites out there that are selling hubs for 6/7 speed or even sites that are selling axles?

I'm pretty sure any shop can order generic axles. Especially if you were willing to go to a solid (nutted) axle instead of a quick-release axle.

Try Ebay for buying an old 6-speed hub. The 36-hole may be a little harder to find, but they're out there.

word.

I'm pushing one of my friends to sell one of his to me. Also looking for a Bontrager Cross Frame.

I've heard industry rumblings about quite possibly bringing the Bontragers back. Group consensus is...it'll only work if they use the same geometry and make her outta steel.

Accidentally bought an old Bonty on Ebay a coupla weeks ago. $180.27 for frame, Judy XC fork, headset, and XTR front der. Oh, and it's got a 1 1/8 steerer tube.

She's almost together. The Judy will be replaced sometime soon hopefully, but it'll do for now. Took it into the shop last night for headset spacers, and one of the wrenches said he thought it was the same frame as the 98 team issues (red to white flags to orange).

Supposedly the guy who sold it got it as a warranty a year ago on a Fisher frame he had. Sounds fishy, but after looking at the frame, I think I believe him. No surface rust (at all) in the BB shell, and the paint is pristine in the areas where there's no chipping. I can try to post pics soon if you guys are interested.

I say I accidentally bought it b/c I bid when I didn't think I'd win. Got home and it turns out I had won it. Had to pull the cash together at the last second. I'm stoked about it now.

Guest evidence

have you guys seen the new bianchi super grizzly? fuckin bad. oh! they also are starting to make the track frames/forks set straight from italy again. check it out bianchiusa.com

Originally posted by nic sucks

Is anyone going to the National Cycle Courier Champs in Houston? I'll be there, but I don't know if I'm going to race.

Where you been, haus? I heard you got an apartment. Did it come with a phone? I think you know where I'm going with that. I'll be at the race. I'm probably not racing either, but whatever. Maybe we can be a two-man team of chumps. I think Devilush and Kissmyass are going to be here with some friends. What did you score at the swapmeat? Anything from my list?

Originally posted by TEARZ

looking for 80s campy downtube shifters... who's got em?

I had some, but we turned the into keychains. Sorry. They weren't in the best of shape anyways.

So my new fork for my single speed came ... Duke C. I installed it and rode yesterday. I'm much faster now. I need a few more parts and then I can start working on my track bike.