bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive know a few people with those bikes and they have been pleased i'd say the 1600$ is the better... or just go to several bike shops in your area and be like i have 2000$ so spend on a bike give me the best bike you can and see what the other shops have to offer and bargon(sp) a bit

i was able to get 12 hours in on the bike last week 3 of which were on the cyclocross bike...races are starting 3-4 weeks..i hoping that my dad and i go up to PA oct. 6th for a race but it's far away

i would look into cannondale seriously... last year's caad5 was 1999 with full ultegra and campy proton wheels. i'm not sure what they're up to this year, but i know prices have come down on all the caad frames. and i can tell you from experience that the caad5 frame is excellent. i know specialized is coming back, but in my mind absolutely no one packs the bang for the buck factor like cannondale.

If you've got 2 grand, you may also want to check out the Trek road bikes. Two g's will get you a nice carbon fiber ride.

I rode today after work, and boy did I get my ass whooped. I fell over and got kidney punched by a knot on a tree.

Does anybody own a Niterider light? I'm in the market and I need some opinions. I've heard the Trailrat is a good light for the money. I'm also looking at the Storm HID. Do you know if it's worth the extra money? So far it looks like I'm gonna get the Trailrat, but the Storm HID has almost twice the burn time. The Digital Evolution has too many features that I'd be wasting my money on (SOS signal, flashing option, etc), so that one is out.

Guest COMBUSTIBLE

My job has kept me from going to shops and seeing bikes in-person, so I've been on the internet checking shit out. Another question: what type of frame is good for all-purpose riding? I've heard that steel is the standard for a responsive ride, but heavy; carbon fiber is super-fast but a relatively dead ride. I don't know too much about Al frames and their differences to steel.

I looked at that '03 Specialized Allez on the website...sharp!

dude, it's all about the chromoly.... don't go for anything less than 4130. Also, if you must have something lighter, aluminum is good, but I've seen aluminum frames break, they don't bend, or warp, they straight crack.

also, if you really wanna go all out, buy titanium..... but if you're into BMX, get chromoly... bottom line.

Alkaline -

NiteRider lights are the shit. I've got a Digital Pro 6r, and I love it, but I must say that the HIDs are worth the extra money. 4-4.5 hours of burn time. And they light shit up like a goddamn football stadium. It is most definitely worth the extra money. If you can afford it, do so. If you can't, the Trail Rat will do you just fine. Just ask Steve Austin how his HID worked as he WON the 12hour Duo category this weekend at the local 12/24 race.

Originally posted by alkaline

Does anybody own a Niterider light? I'm in the market and I need some opinions. I've heard the Trailrat is a good light for the money. I'm also looking at the Storm HID. Do you know if it's worth the extra money? So far it looks like I'm gonna get the Trailrat, but the Storm HID has almost twice the burn time. The Digital Evolution has too many features that I'd be wasting my money on (SOS signal, flashing option, etc), so that one is out.

Niterider Storm HID all the way. It is worth every damn cent. I have an older Niterider Digital that mounted on the bars as well. I bought the HID light when it first came out and I have had nothing but good experiences. Niterider is a kick ass company that probably has the best customer service in the entire industry. The Storm completely obliterates any other light. If you are riding behind someone with another light...the storm will overpower their light. Hell, its worth the money just for the burn time alone. I consistently get over 4.5 hours burn time with this light. One last thing to consider is that Niterider is usually at most of the 24 hour endurance races with their quick charging stations.

Get the storm!

Re: fixed-gear question

Originally posted by PAYROLL

Is it impossible to coast with a fixed-gear? This is, of course, coming from someone who hasn't had the privlege of riding a track bike.

umm, I wouldn't exactly say impossible. pretty much the only way its gonna happen is if something breaks...and if something breaks and you end up coasting then most likely something else will end up breaking as well. so in other words, a working fixie won't coast.

Thanks Alkaline. BTW: one last thing about the HID. It works really well as a defense also. Shine that bright ass light in someones face....they can't help but back tha fuck down.

I'll do a race report up later. It was one hell of a race.

Guest HESHIANDET

i have a hard time seeing how they're gonnamake that game fun and interesting....its not like they can measure the watage your thumb puts out on the controller....HA

i am gonna chime in on the niterider tip. get the storm i second or third everyone elses opinion. i have one and its the single best bike accessory i have ever purchased. kept me on my bike all last winter, and plus, all trails are legal(we have alot of closed trails around here) after dark.

thats seriuously a playstation game? i never knew they had it like that. is it fun? anyone played it?