bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

hesh...nice bike...that's cool people people at the shop reconize me..what team do they ride for?

payroll..ive got a litespeed tuscany..i love it... the pegoretti's is a pretty bike

race report...

lancaster PA

well after driving 4 hours to get there and steping out of the car and it being 15 degrees colder then in va. went with the pops and walked the course..it was very flat almost no climbing a few short steep curvy climbs but nothing over a 50yards. there were two sandpits(i hope they put pictures of the race up) it was the corner of a vollyball court. I am the slowest starter..but for real..i was last dead last with some 37 riders ahead of me i could only move up i slowly picked a few riders off 7 to be exact...i felt great and for the first time tod wells and mark gullickson didn't lap me..they came close but nope they didn't...i felt as if it was the best ive ridden all season even tho my 26th placement doesn't really show it..i have small goals like the amount of time between me and the leaders stuff like that...i also road hard and consistant every lap and only clashed once.

richmond va

well i train on this course twice a week so i had something to prove..the legs were feeling pretty good a bit lactic acid feeling on the run ups but not too bad..i had a great start..i think the reason i did was b/c i felt like i was supose to be there when i race against the pro's i feel like a nobody..but the local races everyone knows me. we start and im in the top ten in the start and stayed there the whole race..a few riders who didn't have the fast pace in them slowly fell off the lead group..this course has a long gradual climb..(a half mile or so) i was able to make up lots of time half way through the race i was in 5th place with 2 guys 30 sec up and a guy 30 sec back..i didn't really have the legs to give it my all and catch the two riders up so i just kept my pace the same and didn't let the man behind me get to close and rolled through with a 5th place finish..even tho the compitition isn't as great as the other races ive done it feels good to have a solid result

next weekend im in charlottesville va

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest PAYROLL
Originally posted by HESHIANDET

payroll,

for that coing take a look at the colnago master X-light. its steel and its a head turner. cost you just under 3G's "fully equpied front to back like WHOA". there are other bikes also, check out LOOK, and Merckx to name 2. Torelli and Mondinico's also are SUPERBLY crafted and are custom made to your measurements. shit man, go ride a litespeed to. i rode one and it was fucking amazing

I had originally looked at the X-light, but upon talking to NUMEROUS owners of the bike there were just too many (very minor) hang-ups among them when compared to other high-end exotica. Plus Colnago's US distributor, Trialtir-USA, has mixed reviews when it comes to customer service and care taken in the importation of Colnago frames. That's not to take away from your Colnago, of course (Nice color scheme, by the way--not too flashy). I had been very impressed with the Mondonico FOCO frame, but eventually ruled out a lugged frame--even though Mondonico's lugs are possibly the best in the business. If I were to go with Ti, I'd probably get a Seven as opposed to Litespeed. As far as custom goes, Pegoretti offers custom geometry at no extra charge. Plus the paint options/designs are mix-and-match to your specifications. With this being said, it's kind of hard not to single out Pegoretti's offering, you know? But as far as models go, I've kinda set my mind to either the Pegoretti or the Fondriest. Thanks for the input anyway. Do you know anything about the CF question I posed in my last post? Since you work in a bike shop, maybe you can help me out. Any information on that topic would be helpful. Once again, congrats on the Chic! It's good to see a Colnago without Team Rabobank colors for once!

Pedal on.

Originally posted by Joker

Anyone interested in a red Chrome bag?

I might be. Hit me up with some 411. I need a bigger bag than what I have right now. I can barely get my groceries in it.

I finally got my wheels back. I put them back together and went out for a quick ride in the cold, raining / sleeting weather. It was good to be back on tha bike, but damn...I'm in absolutely horrible shape. Its just ugly. Places I used to leave it in the big ring, I was shifting down for. Just plain ugly kinda like this weekend. I had my first ambulance ride Saturday morning (roughly 3 am). Luckily it wasn't me strapped in. One of my boys (while jumping a bonfire with a burning couch) cased his landing, augering in face first and knocking him out for around a solid five minutes. Scary shit there.

Cinnamon, nice going on the racing. Keep hitting it and posting up them results. I'm back in the game this coming weekend. I'm getting close to finding enough parts to get my cross bike built, but I'm still not there. Anyone have any old STI lever laying around you wanna get rid of?

Originally posted by alkaline

Does anybody ride/know anybody that rides Chris King single speed hubs. I'm debating between the Chris King, Spot, and Surley hubs for my mountain bike. Surleys are cheaper, but the Kings look oh so dope.

I've been riding a Surly for a little over a year, and it's fukin bombproof. The Kings are sweet, but I like the flip/flop option with the Surlys. And you can't beat the price. They just intro'd a new high-flange set too that looks kick ass. Go to their site and check out the new Karate Monkey (29er). mmmmm..

yo payroll...

i wish i were in your position right now. if you're on that kind of budget, why not check into a pinarello or a de rosa? i have an older steel de rosa, and the shit is supreme. what about an opera?

and people said litespeed, but if i were in your position, not only would i ride a litespeed, but please believe i'd be giving the merlin a serious look. it doesn't have that exotic flair here in the states, but overseas they sweat that bike. and personally, i've always wanted a merckx- older steel ones are amazing, but i think that if i could have any bike in the world right now, i'd probably get a team sc with record. of your two choices, i like the fondriest- that's just me... it's a huge decision man. take your time, ride all the ones you can- make educated decisions on components and wheels too. that's serious cheese and potentially serious buyer's remorse. good luck and keep us updated...

ps- go campy son... you can't rock expensive and exotic italian shit with ultegra... haha

Guest PAYROLL

TEARZ,

Regarding the Pinarello and De Rosa...they're excellent bikes and all, but I can't have them all and just like the style of the Fondriest more. Their strict reliance on being the world's most innovative framebuilder is impressive. Pegoretti, until 1997, made custom frames for pro riders to use in the peloton, even though the name on the frames were that of the riders' respective team manufacturer. They made geometries for Merckx, Chiapucci, Indurain, and more of the greatest riders in recent history (I'd list them if I could recall). Tough to go wrong with that kind of lineage. Plus they test all of Deda's project tubesets before released to the rest of the market, i.e. Pinarello, Fondriest, Casati, Olmo, Viner, etc.

Although steel is currently in the forefront as far a purchase suspects go, titanium is still in the back of my mind. Of course, if I decide to go with Ti, an American made frame is the only way to go. The Litespeed line is nice, but I'd opt for something else considering that most Ti frames ridden in the US today are Litespeeds. I should have something relatively exotic for the expense, you know? Merlin would be considered, and I've heard sooooo many good things about Seven. Moots's styling is plain but somehow bold, too. Decisions, decisions!!

If only getting the perfect bike were an easy series of choices! I guess if it were, I wouldn't love it as much. Oh well, stay tuned for updates...

Oh, yeah. Definitely Campagnolo. Shimano on Italian is heresy! I've already decided pretty much everything as far as the set-up goes, so the frame is the only hard part.

Steve... here's a link to all the info about the bag itself

http://www.chromebags.com/metropolis.html

As for the looks of it... it's fire engine red with black stitching and black piping. The flap color is white and the inside is white. It's a bomb-proof bag but I need something bigger for the winter commutes to work.

Hesh... damn nice bike my friend! Damn nice! Wanna race?

Guest HESHIANDET

joker: your on gramps! j/k man. we'll definitely ride sometime or another though.

pay: for that much money i'd deinitely be thinking TI. then again how can you front on the finish of this pegoretti

http://www.bikyle.com/images/PegLuiginoBB.jpg'>

that shit is amazing. fuck man, having money is hard. hahahahah.

then again what about the CT1? Ti and carbon. and i know noone has this paint job around here

http://www.colnago.com/catalogoonline/CT1/CT1/RX1.jpg'>

we have that frame in my shop. but in the red paint scheme. i stare at it all day, its mazing. i want it.

Originally posted by Joker

Steve... here's a link to all the info about the bag itself

http://www.chromebags.com/metropolis.html

As for the looks of it... it's fire engine red with black stitching and black piping. The flap color is white and the inside is white. It's a bomb-proof bag but I need something bigger for the winter commutes to work.

Its a little bit bigger than what I currently have. How much do you want for it?

Steve... thirty. If that sounds good, email me your address and it's on it's way when my new bag arrives.

So I just upgraded my crankset from a Sora triple to a 105 double. I know, not much of an upgrade but I'm broke as a joke and needed to get rid of the triple. But I have a question... will I need to buy a new bottom bracket? If so, is there a specific size I will need? Any of you bike shop guru's... what ya know. And I've already got the shifters and front derailuer for the double. I figured I could keep the rear derailuer... or am I wrong?

what is stoping me if anything from putting a track wheel on my road bike and riding it? bike shops have told me i cant do it yet while messing around with my bike the other night i had my chain set up so it was not going through any derailleurs set at the 42t chainring in the front and on the 15t cogg in the back and while the chain was loose and all it still rode ? so that leads me to believe i can ride a road bike with a track rim on it . can anyone help me out with this? can it be done

Originally posted by AREANKAY

what is stoping me if anything from putting a track wheel on my road bike and riding it? bike shops have told me i cant do it yet while messing around with my bike the other night i had my chain set up so it was not going through any derailleurs set at the 42t chainring in the front and on the 15t cogg in the back and while the chain was loose and all it still rode ? so that leads me to believe i can ride a road bike with a track rim on it . can anyone help me out with this? can it be done

it all depends if the back stays are horrizontal or vertical. it they are veritcal then you can't stretch the chain tight..because as chains get older they tend to stretch a bit..correct me if im wrong

Guest HESHIANDET

yeah cinn. your right. the main thing w/ a TRACK (not single speed) wheel is the spacing. track wheels are spaced differently than road wheels. so it would be kinda rigged for you to do it. i mean yes it is possible to do and millions of people do it. but by professional standards its not right. there are options. people make properly spaced "single speed" hubs and whatnot. you can do it.

Guest realityblast
Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

it all depends if the back stays are horrizontal or vertical. it they are veritcal then you can't stretch the chain tight..because as chains get older they tend to stretch a bit..correct me if im wrong

you can make it tight it will just losen up if you sprint mega hard, and or ride it for a couple of weeks.

Guest realityblast
Originally posted by AREANKAY

42/15...granny gear.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by realityblast

hesh 50 miler sat morn.you with it...........going to be nice out.

down as long as i can make it to work by 10am. maybe i'll break off and head back solo mid ride or something....

a beautiful day for riding around these parts. 50 miles of pure fixed gear pleasure.

hesh, i have yet to congratulate you on the new bike. that thing is supremely hot- haven't seen many like it- looks like the type of bike i'd expect sean kelly to be riding.

I got my new Niterider yesterday. I went with the Evolution. The Storm was too much ... even with my discount. I'm anticipating my first night ride (on a trail) this week. My new helmet should be here this week too.

So if you guys haven't seen it, you should check out Leapfrog. It's a bike zine from Indianapolis. Cool stuff. Contact Scott at xpeoplespoetx@hotmail.com