bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin

Joker...size of the bag is perfect. I'm sure I'll want a bigger bag in a few months, but right now its spot on. I'll try and get that check in the mail this weekend. Thanks again man. Last night was my first real test run with it. Other than needing to make some adjustments for fit, its bad ass.

Awesome. Whenever you have the money... send it. I'm easy going, dude. When you want to go bigger might I suggest a RELoad bag. I just can't shush up about this damn bag. It's so nice. And in these parts, so rare. So much so that when you see another person with one it's like two VW buses passing each other... you wave. Kinda funny.

Been steady at it my friends. And things are looking up. The weather has been horrible. Cold, wet and dark. Every day I get home from a ride I swear I have more hair on my chest. Saturday was out in the pouring down rain for four hours. Took an old route that was nothing but hills and rollers. Ran into a slew of others out training which was kinda nice. At one point there were four of us working together just to ward off the rain and wind a little. Kinda cool when something like that happens and none of you know each other. Yesterdays ride was inspirational. Was out with the coach, who is now 45lbs overweight and dragging his ass, and we ran into a cat1 friend we trained with a lot last year. We all took the same route. Hills, hills and then some hills. Dropped the coach immediately and stayed with the cat1. Even took my turns at pulling. And with a few encouraging words from said rider... I rode home feeling good. Gym today and the trainer for a little while. Gotta keep this flow going.

Does anyone have any hill workouts I can pick up? Drills or something? Anything? Cinnamon, Steve, Tearz?

Tearz... jealous of the new stem/ bar combo thoughts! I just dream...

• 4 weeks later...

tesseract: (and anyone looking for a cheap bike) all imma say is check the trash. i have found so much good shit in peoples trash. the bike im riding now (fork, saddle, frame, brake, BB, cranks), a fairly nice road frame, and this motobecane im building up as a touring bike were all salvaged from various peoples curbs and bike shop garbage bags. theres a few shops i frequent weekly for random parts for beater bikes, but i get lucky sometimes too.

for instance, i just came across a 700c, 36 hole mavic open pro rim thats the red andonized jaun. as far as i can tell somebody blew up a hub and just bought a new wheel. some woman down the street from me was chucking out this old lime green cruiser thats in like new condition so thats going to a friend of mine. its worth it even for little dumb stuff like extra spoke nipples, hard to find nuts and bolts that get left on ruined frames, etc.

also, if youre in a metropolitan area, keep an eye on bikes that have been locked up for long periods of time and slowly begin to lose their parts. i would NEVER steal someones bike (just because i know how much time and effort goes into it), but im not opposed to borrowing a few things off of a bike that has been rusting away on the corner for a year where it has probably been abandoned.

oh I cant wait for springtime !

My mom and I used to go riding on March 21st no matter what the weather.

Tat was our little tradtion, first day of spring... first day riding.

I kept my bike inside and tuned up all winter, so I'll be out there

for that day, rain or shine or snow! Yes... it's artic tundra up here!

It's crazy how much I miss the rides around town. I'm seriously

hurting over it. Every morning I look and see my baby, but can't

get out there. I should put a blanket over it so I dont have to see her.

Originally posted by THE LAW

question.?

for working riders, how much did you manage to write off for 2002... THE LAW is claiming 1643$ without buying a new bike... for those of you that aren't Independent Contractors, are you claiming your shit on Schedule C or somewhere else?

i definately will be claiming over 3 grand just for bike parts, because you know i need to have my casati, pinarello and merckx for worknot to mention the benotto i broke. plus i think we can write off 7 dollars a day for food. my roomate writes off his rent and cell phone bills...i need to get started on this shit...

Originally posted by Kilo7-

oh I cant wait for springtime !

My mom and I used to go riding on March 21st no matter what the weather.

Tat was our little tradtion, first day of spring... first day riding.

I kept my bike inside and tuned up all winter, so I'll be out there

for that day, rain or shine or snow! Yes... it's artic tundra up here!

It's crazy how much I miss the rides around town. I'm seriously

hurting over it. Every morning I look and see my baby, but can't

get out there. I should put a blanket over it so I dont have to see her.

zesto...you know, you can ride that bike in the winter. yes, even in tundra land.

I need to start turning the wrench. All my beater bikes are beaten.

single speed news:

East Coast North American Single Speed Championships

There is talk of a hellbilly contingent showing up. I may be a part of it.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by Raiser

i definately will be claiming over 3 grand just for bike parts, because you know i need to have my casati, pinarello and merckx for worknot to mention the benotto i broke. plus i think we can write off 7 dollars a day for food. my roomate writes off his rent and cell phone bills...i need to get started on this shit...

anythign remotely related to busines sis deductable. office suplies, any gear you buy, computer stuff. anythign really.

Hello, cinnamon

I'm contacting you in behalf of our company, Fortusa (Fort frames) because someone recommended you highly to us, and we're always on the lookout for good riders to help with sponsorships. Although most of these activities are focused on teams now rather than individuals, we hear you're a great prospect and we'd like to talk with you about possibly riding our bikes. So, if you're at all interested in working with us, I'd appeciate it if you could send an email with resume and/or whatever you could tell us about yourself and your plans. You could also telephone, if you wish: 800-686-####, ask for Gregg. We are also working on a plan to form an elite cyclocross team for next season,

concentrating on the MAC series and major Eastern cross events. I assume you know my good friend Gunnar Shogren, who's a familiar figure out there. You know, with Cross being a short season and somewhat obscure, big-time support for individuals or teams is scarce,

but we think that we'll have a fun group together next season and hopefully we'll be able to support them in a meaningful way.

And, furthermore, our bikes are outstanding performers, too.

Anyway, please get back to me if any of this sounds interesting to you.

i got this eamil on sunday.. wrote dude back on monday but haven't heard back from him.

i have 3 weeks till my first race....

Cinnamon...very nice. good luck and all.

18 days till my first road race of the year....whoah!

zesto...just take the plunge man. riding in the snow is a trip. matter of fact the fluffy stuff is falling right now. gotta get home and gear up. I love riding in the snow. I especially love the look on "normal" peoples faces when they see you riding in it.

Congrats Cinnamon! Even though you haven't heard back yet, I'm sure you will. That's awesome!

My first race is March 2nd. Am I ready? Uh, no. Will I be? Uh, no. Will I be huffin' it at the back of the pack hanging on for dear life? Uh, yes. Will my coach look at me in complete disgust when I stroll past the finish line breathing like I just sprinted for two miles? More than likely...

Guest HESHIANDET

bol odds (i think) had that or one like it at the warriors race in ny this past summer as well. but you knew that. i think those jakets are dope btw. im psyched to be going out there. its so on. i might try to rack a walmart bike on the reals to be mobile while people are at work.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

........of city riding. get a single speed get cromoly and feel the city that lives underyour wheels. shit nothing is as bad as the cobble stages of the giro d'italia and those guys dont even think about shocks.

road bike love.

keep your fat tires where they belong off my god damn streets.

Actually your wrong. Shocks (like Head Shocks) are common on the cobble stretches of the giro d'italia

i have been gone from the board for a few days, but is it just me or is there a serious gap of time lost from this thread? i was looking for something here that i know was there, but is not now?am i cracked or what?

devilush, that jacket is on fire, no nice!!

cinnamon congrats, seems your on a roll.