bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest Tard210Pd

im gonna get a GT my friend Old School told me that it was light as hell and that if you ad to you could pick it up and run with it all its gonna cost me is a pack of blackNmilds and a sprite!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If money grew on trees...

I'd get me a Casati MU:2 Sc/Al frame, Campy Record 10 gruppo, Mavic Cosmic Carbon wheelset, etc., etc...like whoa!!! Or maybe a Seven Odonata (same set-up)...or maybe a Colnago Carbonissimo...fuck it, I'd get all three. And an original Cinelli Supercorsa. I'd have 360 vision in this dream, too. And I'd never EVER wake up! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:loopy:

..oh, and a bike for a pack of Blacks and a Sprite is one helluva deal. Bump for all mah two-wheeled soldiers.

i want to play that game badly...

payroll. i rode with this dude a few weeks ago who had a brand new shiny cinelli supercorsa... red with chorus and campy wheels and it was just beautiful. one of the nicer bikes i've ever seen... this guy was a pretty cool guy- nice guy, great artist, strong rider... he deserved the bike. i know it's weird to say but i hate seeing assholes or fatasses with beautiful bikes. like they don't "deserve" them . humph. i know it shouldn't matter but i can't help but think of it.

Originally posted by TEARZ

i want to play that game badly...

payroll. i rode with this dude a few weeks ago who had a brand new shiny cinelli supercorsa... red with chorus and campy wheels and it was just beautiful. one of the nicer bikes i've ever seen... this guy was a pretty cool guy- nice guy, great artist, strong rider... he deserved the bike. i know it's weird to say but i hate seeing assholes or fatasses with beautiful bikes. like they don't "deserve" them . humph. i know it shouldn't matter but i can't help but think of it.

Word.

I have recently acquired a voracious respect for the art of cycling. I look at all these BEAUTIFUL bikes and wish I had one; however, I feel that I have to, I guess, earn the privelege of having one by putting work into the sport. It's like if I owned some kick-ass bike now, I couldn't even use it to it's full potential. Humbling. And yet inspiring. It makes me want to get down and dirty and train like a motherfucker to become physically worthy and experienced enough for that bike that makes other riders break their respective necks looking. And to be respected as a "strong rider," as you described that guy with the Supercorsa, by other strong riders. I guess compared to someone deserving that Cinelli or Serrota or Casati I'm just like that kid with the shitty blackbook trying to get on some king shit. It takes work. Props to the Stonecutters and all similar groups for being devoted to something like that. Damn, all this reads like a soap opera...oh well.

payroll...the trainee.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

payroll good thinking....i like you...go buy a nice bike

'Preciate it! I just got Bianchi Veloce...that's about as nice as the pockets can handle, with a trade-in of my old ride. I was also reading into fixed-gear bikes (that earlier question about coasting was drunken sarcasm, by the way), so maybe a Pista, too, for the commutes to school and work (about 25mi/day total). That should help to put the legs on swoll, as well as to true my cycling form (plus I'd think it'd be fun to ride). There's also a velodrome near where I live so the track bike would help out when I have free time to do that. Track racing looks like the shit. And what did you mean by pushing on the MU:2 frame and watching it move??? I've only seen pictures.

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!!!

http://www.pinarello.com/pics.php?pic=dogma_gold&w=600&h=379'>

Alright...now go change your pants.

Pinarello Dogma:

double butted, TIG-welded MAGNESIUM frame

"Onda" (Italian for "wave") carbon fork and seatstay

carbon accessories out the ass (of course)

Magnesium...the future of frames???

And no, the picture is not fucked up...the fork and seatstay are really wavy like that! Supposedly, the fork provides a more comfortable ride; the seatstay, however, is purely aesthetics (they don't compromise performance, though--supposedly).

A GOOD BAND TO LISTEN TO WHILE RIDING

GOD-HEAD-SILO IS A DOPE INDY ROCK BAND THAT IS ALL ABOUT FANTASY AND BMX BICYCLES..........CHECK EM OUT THEY'LL ROCK THE PANTS OFF MOST TEENAGE GIRLS, IT'S JUST A BASS PLAYER AND A DRUMMER FROM GREENBAY........SCOPE THEM WHEN GRIDING GEARS........PEACE:spent:

Jesus, that thing looks fast just in a goddamn picture.

Don't know if any of you guys are into 'em, but I just acquired a Bontrager frame and fork on Ebay. Pretty excited about that. I should have enough parts laying around the house to set it up. A dude here in town sold me a pair of 95 XTR cranks for 20 bones, so the only thing I have to buy now is a seatpost. It'll be my first geared mountain bike in over 2 years, and I think I'm ready for it.

Oh, and by the way, I bought a nearly brand new Brooks saddle at a garage sale for $1 not long ago. I almost felt guilty.....

Guest HESHIANDET

what do you guys think of felt? they're aluminum box bikes. just as nice as any giant or specialzed. alot of rep in the time trial and triatholon arena (i guess) i can get one through work really cheap. 105 for like $500. i could bump cosmics and ultegra for around $700. i need a bike pretty bad, im getting desperate. i wanted to do a technos but even w/ my discount that wouldn't be untill around christmas. ughhhhhhh

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

old bontrager's (pre trek aquisition era) are fucking dope. newest issue of velonews has a spotlight type deal on the man himself. kinda neat.

word.

I'm pushing one of my friends to sell one of his to me. Also looking for a Bontrager Cross Frame.

I've heard industry rumblings about quite possibly bringing the Bontragers back. Group consensus is...it'll only work if they use the same geometry and make her outta steel.

what do you guys think of felt? they're aluminum box bikes. just as nice as any giant or specialzed. alot of rep in the time trial and triatholon arena (i guess) i can get one through work really cheap. 105 for like $500. i could bump cosmics and ultegra for around $700. i need a bike pretty bad, im getting desperate. i wanted to do a technos but even w/ my discount that wouldn't be untill around christmas. ughhhhhhh

no clue on felt, but I think Ultegra and Cosmics would probably be worth the extra 200 bones.

old bontranger's (pre trek aquisition era) are fucking dope. newest issue of velonews has a spotlight type deal on the man himself. kinda neat.

yeah! you see alot of older bontragers around here still. people love em. at my old shop this guy used to bring in his botrager cx bike to get worked on all the time. very nice frames. id love to get one. but i always got my eye on a kelly bike too.

YO Devilush

or anyone else from San Fran. Yeah, I know its a big city but....

I met a couple ladies touring the states and was curious as to whether or not anyone knew of two bad-ass women out there riding.

They're heading my way in a couple days. I'll probably hook them up with a place to stay.

From the few things I've heard about Felt, they're pretty decent bikes. I trained a little last year with a guy who rode for NetZero and he had a Felt for racing on... before they got their Cannondale gig. I had never heard of them before so I asked a few questions. He loved it for fast riding and long rides. Said it wasn't much of a climber but he still liked it for the money. That's all I can remember about it.

Hesh or Dibs... I need to purchase a new back wheel for pretty cheap. It needs to run a shimano cog set and be fairly bomb proof. (Winter bike) I was considering going with a 105 hub and Mavic open pro rim... but I'm not sure what it would cost me. Any knowledge of discount wheel places? Or am I just high?

Alright, so here it is.

To keep this from being redundant, I'll summarize most of it. My teammate got dibs on the first lap, with a LeMans style start. I didn't miss the running portion one bit. We pretty much started right off in second place. The team that was in first kept putting about 2 minutes on us every lap. We were running radios and had a mishap on lap 3. We were radioing ahead at a certain point, so we would know when to start getting ready for the next lap. Well, we missed the call and I was just finishing getting ready for my lap when my teammate called....from the scoring tent. That little fuck up cost us a few minutes and 2nd place. We pulled 2nd back in at some point in time, but I'm not really sure when. I think I was pretty much brain dead after my third lap. We hardly had enough time to go back to camp and change clothes, eat, and drink before we had to get back on the bike. So the cycle of us losing 2 minutes to the 1st place team continued into night fall. We decided to double up our laps, so we could take a longer lap and eat some real food. My partner turned in one seriously fast lap and then a normal one. I took it fairly easy on my two laps. When I got in from the last of my two laps... our pit bitch informed us that we had made up quite a bit of time. When it was my time for me to do what would end up being my last lap I felt pretty good. The first place team had about a 4 minute lead at this time. Their strong rider doubled up on laps when I went out. I was working my ass off trying to nail all the climbs. When I came through the campground (halfway point) our pit bitch informed me that I was holding the gap at 4 minutes. The second half of this course was bad ass. It was do damn fast it was unbelievable. I kept pushing and pushing. At one point I thought I saw lights in front of me. I really think I imagined them, because there wasn't a trail where I thought I saw them. At this point it didn't really matter. I just told myself....thats your guy....go get him. A few minutes after this, I actually caught up to another rider. I kept getting closer and closer until I could finally see the number on his back. It was the first place guy. I completely hammmered it and passed him like he was standing still. I was hoping he wouldn't be able to read my number if I passed him that fast. It didn't work, he realized who I was and jumped right after me. I had about a 20 yard lead on him. We rode for 5-10 minutes like that when the pit bitch radioed in that he hadn't come in yet. I radioed back....I know...I'm in front. I lost my momentum at the top and decided it would be faster to push the bike to the top of the hill. He caught up to me and passed me at this point. I jumped back on the bike and caught up to him on the next hill. It was all downhill after this, so I busted my ass getting the lead back. I came flying down the hill, did a cyclocross dismount into the tent and handed the baton off with an 8 second lead. My teammate dropped the hammer and ended up putting 20 minutes on their last rider. First fucking place...finally.

cross season starts next weekend! hell yeah!

Originally posted by Joker

[b I was considering going with a 105 hub and Mavic open pro rim... but I'm not sure what it would cost me. Any knowledge of discount wheel places? Or am I just high? [/b]

The Ultegra Open Pro combo goes for $199 and the Dura Ace Open Pro combo $250. If I remember right performancebike had them the cheapest.

I emailed Ritchey, and they told me to send both wheels in. Apparently they ran out of the silver spokes, so the customer service guy told me to send in the front as well...he said he wouldn't want me running around with mismatched wheels.

I thought that was way fucking cool of them to do that. Now, I'm just waiting for my wheels to come back.