bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

i met nic sucks for about 30 seconds. sorry i wasn't responsive, if you had seen the hoopty asss bike i decided to ride and the actions which took place on it you'd understand. great time though, sick ride.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

i couldn't tell ya man. i met some of your boys and rode w/ that entire team for a bit through some ill ghetto. nice guys. did devilush show you the email i sent you guys? read it, details galore.

Ted Nugent:

The Surly Crosscheck is pretty sweet for what it costs. Like $800 for the whole bike, or $390 for frame only. If you want a really sweet ride, get the Bianchi Reparto Corse cyclocross frame. I think it's like $600 (frame only). These are two of the only cross bikes I've seen that still come with horizontal drops AND a hanger. Gears. Single. Fixed. Cross Racing. Road riding. Commuting. It'll do anything you want. I won't buy another bike that isn't versatile.

My next mountain bike will have vertical drops and an eccentric tandem BB. Tasty.

You could build the crosscheck into a kick-ass single speed for less than the $800 complete bike. Bianchi would run you closer to $1000.

kissmyass#1 - The Cutters were talking masive shit when I met them at the pre-race party. Cool guys though.

HESH - I was gonna meet up with you a Coney, but I ended up riding out there on my bike with one of my teammates instead of taking the 'bway'. We stoped to get a 40oz, and finished it off when we got to the beach. When the rest of our gang got there, we decided that we were just going to go home and skip the awards party.

---Next time we have an Alleycat in Hartford, I'll let you know. You and your boys can come up and ride with the Hartford Hardcore.

alkaline - I got a line on some hot spots here in Hartford. I'll take flicks and send them your way as soon as I can.

Guest HESHIANDET

yeah dude, i rode that hoopty ass bike all the way to coney, it was a long slow lonely ride. i thought i saw you guys mosey off right after a team picture. hollar at me, i'll come through like woah.

I got word from a friend that the only awards they anounced at The Warriors Awards Party were Overall and Best Costume.

I guess they'll post the rest of the cat.s on the web site soon. Hartford Hardcore is expecting to get Best Wheelie (J-Fro's no handed track bike wheelie) and Best Overall Trick (for me balancing my bike on my chin...yeah, that's right, I said balancing my bike on my chin).

Originally posted by nic sucks

... Best Overall Trick (for me balancing my bike on my chin...yeah, that's right, I said balancing my bike on my chin).

Is that what you do all day instead of working? I keep forgeting to mail those pictures, so I'm going to send them in an email. That way you'll at least know what we did for you.

Way to go, Hesh.

the skipper - go to your local bike shop and ask for track/single speed chainring bolts. They're only a couple of bucks (or if you talk to the right person, free) and you'll have less crap to collect of the ground if one should come loose and fall off.

However, if this is a chain-line adjustment issue, put spacers between cranks and chainring.

hesh

check your mail.

cinnamon

can you give me like a very basic run through on your cyclocross trainning schedule? i am training with a guy from work but seeing as youve had good success, i'd like to know part of your secret, if you dont mind.

Guest HESHIANDET

thanks guys. dream job for sure.....i can't wait to start getting cheap sheeeit.

nicsucks, that was you balancing the bike under the bridge. i saw it from a distance, i was wondering who was up to that shit.hotness

Guest THE LAW

TED NUGENT...

if you're really trying to be on the cheap tip...just buy a piece of shit road bike with horizontal drops and have a bike shop convert it to a single speed...

pretty sure you could find something in the classified for a hundred or so...

dibs...

monday's untill i start racing...once i start racing im going to take monday's easy... a fairly flat ride..90min to 105min with 3, 5-10minutes of tempo riding (tempo riding is when you don't spinn, i just put the gear a bit harder maybe two or three rings down the usual..this helps with your muscular strenght in you legs...when you spinn it's more muscular endurance) make sure you have a good warm up before you start them...and you become better fit you can make the tempo riding longer or have less inbetween them.

tuesday am...20-25 min. running

tuesday pm ... im on the crossbike..usually do a nice 10 min. warmup then ride a cross loop...(if you don't have a cyclocross loop near you see if you can find a park or soccer complex and ride around it see if you can find hill to run up...or if you don't have that dirt roads are also really good) so 10min warm up and an 65min. on the cross bike then a 5-10 min cool down.

wednesday.... on the road bike again...i go moderate for 30-40 min then i do a series of hill repeats. ( i have this hill that is just a wall it's .3 miles long it's perfect) usualy 5 of them...if your hill is longer do less or shorter do more then ride home at a moderate pase... total time around 90 min to 110min.

thursday am 20-25 min. run

thursay p.m. same as tuesday.

friday...hmmm that hardest day to ride....usually what ever i feel like doing sometime i'll do a really hard 60min (after a 10min warm upp) or i'll do a nice 90min ride...it's your call

sat. just a nice ride with friends....120min to 135min

sunday.... same as sat.

this maybe a lot to handle if this is your first time racing cross..this will be my 4th season of cross. i'd say if this is your first time racing cross just try to get out there and ride 5-6 days a week cross races are short so you don't really need to go on 3 hour rides (which is nice) just do 90min rides everday of the week and then get on the cross bike 2-3 time a wee just to work on tech. and the handelign of the bike also runnign is so important...i know it's the worst but it helps so much...b/c you use different muscles when you run and the barriers can make or brake a race.

and once i start racing i'll change the weekend ride b/c i'll be racing and the monday ride will become an hour of just an easy ride..(average speed being 14-15 miles.

just have fun

Trust me, Hesh, it will never be cheap enough. Once you can get it at cost, your taste will become more expensive, or you'll just want more. It makes deciding what to get first a lot more fun though.

I've decided to start upgrading my single-speed mountain bike. It's time to finally put a shock on the beast. I think I'm going to repaint it too. The best part is that once I finally finish, it will be like a whole new bike. I'm very excited. After I finish that, I'll build a trials bike.

I got word that I for sure got that job at the other bike shop. Hopefully they'll pay me better.