bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my bike is 'Rolo Tomasi'

(remember t5hat movie L.A. Confidential?

-Ed Exley: --"Rolo Tomasi."

Jack Vincennes: --"Is there more to that, or am I supposed to guess?"

Ed Exley: --"Rolo was a purse snatcher. My father ran into him off duty, and he shot my father six times and got away clean. No one even knew who he was. I just made the name up to give him some personality."

Jack Vincennes: --"What's your point?"

Ed Exley: --"Rolo Tomasi is the reason I became a cop. I wanted to catch the guys who thought they could get away with it. It's supposed to be about justice. Then somewhere along the way, I lost sight of that."

My bike is the one that gets away with it.)

joker

this is a non related post, but i know i can catch you here. you must get the new autechre"gantz_graf"cd/dvd set, 3 tracks and an dvd to go with it, its the actual dvd you must see.

on another not, we were pushed back to page 10 because of that dirty harry/van diesel dude. homie has a grudge against someone, whats his deal.

and i am looking at buying this torelli cross bike. ill try to post a flic later.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=569510&uid=2885'> http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=569511&uid=2885'>

i dont know if these will work, i dont have the privaledge of posting photographs:heated: , if they dont work maybe some kind moderater soul will make them work(or help me get my account fixed so i can post flics) . or just go see the bike at the link'd site. this bike is a 60cm, totally my size, and its $500, totally my price. got my fingers crossed.

no luck with the photos. sorry

Originally posted by DIBS

joker

this is a non related post, but i know i can catch you here. you must get the new autechre"gantz_graf"cd/dvd set, 3 tracks and an dvd to go with it, its the actual dvd you must see.

Oh... oh yes. I got it. I ordered it direct from Warp a while ago and it just showed up last week. That video is hot shit! I've watched it about ten times and I'm amazed at the synching that was done between the animation and the music. Absolutely phenominal. Thanks for looking out!!

Hip hip horay!!! I haven't rode my bike in two weeks!!

Sarcasm...

Temeratures were supposed to be in the low 80's. Something musta changed cuz it shurly wasn't. Decent sized field showed up. I think my class was the largest. Race was a nice 21 mile jaunt through the woods on my home turf. I prepared for this race like any other determined mt. biker....I drank the night before. Woke up the next morning sans hang over and feeling pretty good. This was the race my team puts on, so I was required to be out at the site rather early, which pretty much sucked. I really would have rather got a few extra hours sleep. Anyway, most everyone is lined next to each other. The race starts and there is a mad dash for the one 6" ribbon of trail (started in a field). I refused to take a spot in the middle, so I stayed on the outside riding through the field until I could pull in around 3rd place or so. We dash through this field, then head down into the woods on singletrack. The pace was really intense. I was trying to keep up with the lead group. My lack of a warm up was really showing as I was starting to fade away from them. Just to cement the fade, I got sloppy and hit a tree. My bike and I go flying through the air and land right on the trail. Somehow I avoided being run over, but I lost at least 8 places. I finally got back on the bike and started giving chase. I chased down and passed most of these guys for the next 6 or so miles. At this point, I really had no idea where I was placement wise, but I kept going as if the same guys were still in front of me. I pretty much rode the rest of the race by myself. With about four miles to go...I started getting that hungry, I'm running low on fuel feeling. So I finished off my powerade (I ran out of my energy drink and couldn't find any more mix in town) determined to keep my pace the same. Just as I passed the mile marker letting me know I had two miles remaining, I heard a familiar voice exclaim. "I see you!". Shit, it was one of the guys I'm friends with and have a running trash talk and friendly competition with. At this point I am full on bonking and I know it. He closed the gap between us in a matter of seconds. He, along with another guy, passed me on a big rocky climb. Nothing more frustrating than being passed by someone you know your faster than and watching him straight up leave your ass. I remembered I had some emergency gummi bears in my pocket, so I downed them and took off on an even higher pace, determined to catch him and pass him right before the finish. The gummi fuel only lasted about 3/4s of a mile. At this point I crashed and crashed hard. I had zero left and had run out of water back when he passed me. I just kinda rolled in at a nice easy pace and finished a minute behind him. After the race was over I found out I had been in 5th place for the majority of the race. My little bonk dropped me down to 7th. Fourth place was about a minute in front of 5th and my lap time for lap 3 was about 5 minutes slower than my other laps. Later that night I swore off Mt. bike racing and told my team I was racing road only next year.

wheelsets

Ok, so I've found a few wheelsets to replace my spoke breaking Ritcheys.

Mavic Cosmos

Shimano 535

or Shimano Ultegra with Mavic Open Pro rims.

Any opinions?

I need a bomb proof set of wheels as I plan to use these for cross racing also. Cinn Crunch...any suggestions?

The set needs to be on the inexpensive side. The Cosmos and 535s run around $300 for the set.

Guest HESHIANDET

my warriors team is having motivation issues, but i should be there.

as for the wheels, i was gonna say something about the cosmos to you. i think they rule, but then again you could build the open pros w/ the ultegra for less. they might be heavier though, and less aero. i dunno, they'd be better for cross i'd thonk, i think the cosmos have aero spokes on em. do people ride cross w/ aero spokes? that seems like it woulbe a bad thing to do.

Steve... that race report is awesome! I love reading race reports... it really puts you there. And 7th place after a night of drinking, no warm up and no extra fuel in the trunk... not bad my friend. Damn nice if you ask me.

As for road wheels, if you're looking for bomb proof I've heard great things about mavic Open Pros. I own a pair of the Cosmos and I've battered those things and not a ding or tweak in 'em. They could probably use some spoke tightning but other than that they're good. I swear by 'em. Then again... I'm a chunky butt so I need the bomb proof wheels.

Here's the new steed. It came with Ritchey pedals but no cleats so I'm styling those clip pedals... I'm not a fan of the bar ends or the raised angle stem. But just about everything else seems to be kinda cool. Haven't given it the true off-road test yet though...

damn, warriors race sounds like fun. wish i could be there.

torelli cx bike got sold before i could get to it, so instead i bought a 03 kona jake the snake cx bike. should arrive at my shop in the next coulpe days. i am stoked! so i plan on doing the cx race series in norcal this season. any advice for a new to cx ridder? cinnamon?? i know its gonna be worlds different than a mtn bike. steve congrats on 7th. and joker go get that bike dirty, i know you gotta have some sweet singletrack there.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by nic sucks

Are you the Cutters from SF?

Last I heard, 53 gangs (teams) had signed up. This thing's gonna be huge!:)

i can see how you'd think that, but no. im coming straight from philly, yah mean. watch out!

what are you gonna ride? my "gang" has decided that none of us are going to ride anything we care about. we'll be pushing old cruisers and beach bikes. hear anything about the checkpoints, or other teams? so far i've heard:

-1 team is rolling w/ paintball guns

-1 checkpoint is making you get a "w" tattooed on your wrist

-1 team is crazy gluing every u-lock they see.

-my team is rolling thug w/ alot of mace and relica guns.;)

and thats all i've heard.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by nic sucks

Are you the Cutters from SF?

Last I heard, 53 gangs (teams) had signed up. This thing's gonna be huge!:)

i can see how you'd think that, but no. im coming straight from philly, yah mean. watch out!

what are you gonna ride? my "gang" has decided that none of us are going to ride anything we care about. we'll be pushing old cruisers and beach bikes. hear anything about the checkpoints, or other teams? so far i've heard:

-1 team is rolling w/ paintball guns

-1 checkpoint is making you get a "w" tattooed on your wrist

-1 team is crazy gluing every u-lock they see.

-my team is rolling thug w/ alot of mace and replica guns.;)

and thats all i've heard.