bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest mikro137

yeah ive been buildig em for hmmm 5 years , maybe 6 i got into it really young. i have a good parts guy about 10 minutes from my house so im set up pretty nice for a while.

fat cop is down for the chopper/muscle bike crown as well. i think i may have to start another bike gang if you will... me red and cres had one last summer. that was fun. like greasers without cars , or leather jackets! :idea: oh im excited...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by alkaline

I got in trouble for working on my bike while on the clock today. It's okay to fix another employee's bike for free but not my own ... go figure.

All the guys I know at my LBS work on their own bikes at the shop and on the clock all the time. Granted they don't do it when its busy.

I've been lusting over some of those Phat Cycles for a while. They've got some 24" ape hangers. These bad boys are gonna help transform my old tandem into a one man lead sled. That bike is so fucking heavy the hills will probably damn near rip my legs off.

We did a pub crawl this past weekend. I've got this huge bruise on my bicep and absolutely no clue how it got there. Definite good times. Something just delirious about 30 peeps on bikes riding through the city stopping at bars. Some of the stops included an "alternative lifestyle" bar....with a drag queen show, a lesbian bar with a total of around six BDs. They had karaoke...without the words on the little tv. One of the guys had the brilliant idea to try and drink them out of Schlitz....didn't happen. Couple of fixie skid competitions. Damn near forgot about the red neck that was acting like a bouncer and giving everyone hell. By the end of our stay at the bar...he was buying everyone drinks and apologizing for thinking we were bad punk kids.

We weren't busy though. Instead of working on the bike, they made me spend the whole day dusting bikes and shit.

HA HA...Damn the man! Those bitches are all stupid fucks. I get the same shit a my shop. We should quit our jobs and become messengers:D

Tuesday night race report...

Like a dumbass who hasn't been training very much I decide that I'll be a cool tough guy and ride to the race from home. I figure if I take it easy I'll be fine come race time. So I pack up shop and head out. I get to the start a few minutes early and feel great. I get my piss on and eat a cliff bar. Ride around for a little to keep things warm and wait for the start whistle for all riders to line their asses up. At 6:05pm the whistle blows. About 25 guys line up. I recognize a bunch of them from when I was racing in May but for the most part... dudes are new. And looking mean. At me. The race official asks who is new and offers some pointers to them who raised their hands. My favorite... "When it comes to the hot spot and finishing sprints, please don't emmulate your favorite pro sprinter. If I see any of that BMX style handlebar crap here... you won't place." Hey... wait a minute. I sprint like that. Is he talking to me? He knows I use to race BMX... hmmmmm. Anyway, the official sounds the start and we're off. As I expected it's a usual 4/5 race. Lot's of yo-yoing in pace and every 30 seconds or so someone yells out "Hold your line!!". Squirrly as hell. We get a few laps in and we come around the start/finish line when the official rings the bell to announce the start of the hot spot point lap. A few brains thought it meant sprint for the line. Kinda made me chuckle a little bit until I realized I was a Cat4.... having a hard time keeping up with the 5's. Now that's pathetic. Obviously the pace picks up after the bell. We go from a breezy 20mph to a painful, for me, 32mph in a matter of 30-40 seconds. I'm thinking... "Where's the fire?". A few guys from Team Lakeside take the high pace and demolish by sending a guy off the front. My only thought was this is a tactic to get contenders for the points to chase and wear themselves out. Sure enough everyone in the pack takes off after him. My thighs are screaming at this point. I burn my way to the front five guys hoping to get some points by the time we get to the straight. It's a 1500 meter false-flat going down and we had a heavy tailwind. Shit got hectic real fast. I look down at my odometer, which was stupid, and realize we're hauling at 39mph. I'm six guys back hanging on for dear life. Hands on the drops, arms bent way the fuck down. My ass is basically getting reamed by the nose of my seat and I'm pedalling my heart out. Somewhere in the back of my mind I know I was feeling good about myself. That was until a guys on my left and right tore by me like I was Cecil the turtle. Hopes of even one point were gone. I sat up and just said "Hunh... I see". The pace settled way down for the next two laps. Everyone trying to catch their breath and set themselves up for the next hot spot point sprint. Feeling a little saucy I decided to take the front and do a little pace making myself. Taking it up to a nice smooth 25mph... even in the headwind. Feeling groovy. Feeling stupid when I got dropped two minutes later. I get shot to the back of the pack as we come around for the points. I realize there's a team member of mine a few guys in front of me. I ride up to him and he asks if I can save energy for the final sprint. You got it brother. I keep about ten guys back for the next couple of laps. I let the attacks happen. They always get pulled back. I'm feeling good now. I've kinda riden myself into it. We're coming around to the 180 turn that'll take us out of the headwind and in to the tailwind straight. I notice my guy is behind me so I pick it up a little more than what has already been done. I keep my eyes ahead of me and concentrate on the line 1500 meters away. I decide to bury myself for this guy to cross the line first. I keep two guys back from the leaders. We get within 500 meters of the line and I swing out to pass and take my guy with me. I'm not even out there for five seconds when he swings past me and takes off. He's going at it with three others all the way to the line and he gets it. I would have felt really good about helping him if I did. But I think he could have done that without me. Though I was stoked for him! He's been waiting for this moment all year and he was so happy you'd think he just won the lottery. I congratulated him on his win and apologized for the lack of a lead out. He said no biggie. He was feeling strong and went for it. And it worked. I started to ride away thinking that the drive home was going to be dreadful... till I realized my tired ass had an hour long ride ahead of me. Stopped at Subway for some grub. A bunch of messengers were hanging out front smokin' and drinking Pabst. (Is the tight black jeans, shelltoes, grandpa's mesh cap and studded belt the uniform for these guys?) One of them tells me I have nice legs as I lock my bike up. Of course his friends chuckle. With no witty comeback I say "Thanks, sweetie!".

By the time I get home I'm sore as hell. I stretch as much as I can and pass the fuck out. I'm still sore today. I was planning a long and steady recovery ride but I could barely get back and forth to work today on my commute. I think it's time for some Endurox R4 again...

Sounds like fun, Joker.

I finally got my bike fixed up again. I had to change the freewheel to a 16 tooth (from an 18), because that's all we had in stock, and I didn't want to order one. I can go a little faster now, but I'm gonna need to get stronger for the climbs. I probably shouldn't go mountain biking anyways right now. I had better stick to the road until I recover from my crash.

I've got three overhauls scheduled for tomorrow, and it's my day off. I love it how when you can fix a bike, all your friends suddenly want to get that old piece of junk in the garage fixed up. I should make them pay me.

Guest TEARZ

joker, that sounds great man, as painful as it might be. i really need to race... just everything gets in the way and i lack confidence even though i feel strong. i'm very jealous.

i'm going to see the nyc championhips this weekend, so holler if anyone else will be there. if nothing else, hopefully i'll get some cool pics for you guys.

i still can't skid on my track bike. everytime i try i feel like my knee is gonna pop off. my track stands are getting pretty decent though.

i've just been quietly doing my thing, and i'm very happy with it. riding all of my bikes fairly regularly, the track and the racing bike everyday, and the mountain joint has been getting some burn lately too. i rode that baby last night.... fun fun doing jumps... although i got chased by a pooch. now it's one thing on the road- please believe i taunt motherfucking dogs, because there's no way a pooch is gonna catch me on a road bike. they can 0-20 you, but beyond that they're hopeless. on the trail, it's a different story. bitch came at me while i was stopped taking a piss. i just straight sprinted, riding WAY too aggressively and out of control for the trail and somehow managed to take a sharp turn and jump a log that i though i was doomed to crash upon. in the woods, the average dog takes on a predator-like quality- the tables are evened out compared to the road. he doesn't have to stay on the trail and my bike is far slower. in hindsight, it was stoopid fun.

man, i just love me some bikes. take care dudes.

I just wrote a big ole long race report, when I hit the submit button it ended up disappearing into the pc void. Oh well.

If I get more time I'll write it up again. I did end up getting 3rd place this weekend, so I'm stoked.

Joker...nice report...felt like I was there.

Tearz...just gotta jump in and do it. I'm sure you'll do well...as much as you've been riding.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

see what you did to yourself being an artist and not a bike racer for the last few months........tisk tisk.

Well, I'm already a sucker graffiti artist. I just have a history to fall on. But this year I'm a sucker bike rider. It's going to be a long winter of training, I already know it. And having a mountain bike this year... means nothing but trouble.

Tearz... dude, you're strong. You should be out there. At least do one race before the end of the season so you know where you stand as a rider in the field. You got the bike, you got the gear and I know you got the legs. I have confidence in you... you just gotta make the leap.

I raced an alleycat on Saturday. It turned out to be a 10 mile sprint. I got 5th place over-all and Best Crash (during the Skid Comp. I skided about 10 ft, then lost my balance, ate pavement, and kept going for about 15 ft with my bike tangled around me. It was spectacular.)

seeking...you working on some kind of a pimp machine or have you just not gotten a bike yet?

if you haven't anything in mind...what you lookin for? I'm always looking for bikes for people...I'll add you to the list.

I'm gonna be without my bike from Thursday to Monday. Its gonna kill me I think. I have to go to this 3 bachelor, bachelor party this weekend. I have a feeling people are gonna get arrested. I suppose the rest will do me good.

i always enjoy reading jokers race reports

i did a triathlon yesterday the same course as the one i did in june...i felt strong i beat my old time by a solid minutes (i think i made the time up in the swimm) i think i got 9th over all

im just waiting for school to start ...only 3 weeks then i can live the simple life of going to classes and riding my bike... work has been eating away at my training time

my little brother (age 11) went to the junior national road race this past weekend....in the road race age 10-12 on sat. he finished 10th out of 21 riders. i was very impressed and he was the 3rd 11 year old across the line...then on sunday in the timetrial he finished 7th in the 10-12 age group....man im jelouse i wish i had a the oppurtunity to race in big races when i was his age.. but man when i get the picks back of his race i'll post him up...i was unable to go to the race but my dad got pics and he road the time trail with an areo helmet and a disc wheel in the back and areo bars...ah i sure he was a site to see

Originally posted by nic sucks

I raced an alleycat on Saturday. It turned out to be a 10 mile sprint. I got 5th place over-all and Best Crash (during the Skid Comp. I skided about 10 ft, then lost my balance, ate pavement, and kept going for about 15 ft with my bike tangled around me. It was spectacular.)

Pictures? It seems like nobody is ever around with a camera when I crash. Too bad.

I'm NOT going to New York. Our frequent flier thing fell through, and I can't afford to pay for a ticket. Maybe next time.

Pictures? It seems like nobody is ever around with a camera when I crash. Too bad.

my friend D got the aftermathof my spill on video.:beat:

I'm NOT going to New York. Our frequent flier thing fell through, and I can't afford to pay for a ticket. Maybe next time.

DAMMIT:heated: that sucks.

My old mt single speed is known as The Fiendale....other than that, no names...just titles.

I also have:

The Fixie

The Single

The Road Racer

The Mt. Racer

The Commuter

The Loaner

The Tandem

The Dually

The Cruiser

The Other Cruiser

and last but not least...The god damn I wish it wasn't too big for me, I guess I should sell it 80's Bianchi.

cinnamon...smell that? starting to smell like cross season round here.

alright. product update. Ritchey wheels, er more specifically, spokes suck. don't buy em. I broke another spoke on the rear wheel last night.

won't get the wheel back for a few days. I hate it when I miss my road rides.

any suggestions for a good set of wheels that won't cost as much as a bike? I'd love to have some Ksyriums, but theyz too damn xpensive.

steve...oh i can smell the cross season..ive been geting in one dirt trail ride on the cross bike a week.

and my dad had ritchy wheel and he broke spokes all the time and he got so fed up that he sent the wheel back and got a full refund on it..it was only the back wheel that he had trouble with the front one is fine...