bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest --zeSto--

so I just took my bike into the shop...

The pedals were starting to crack, the rear tube needed to be replaced,

and the rear wheel was a little wobbly. I figure that a new tube, new pedals

and maybe a repacking of the rear hub was all it needed. nope!

So as it turns out...

My pedals were indeed cracked, and I got a new set ($60).

The tube was leaky due to a wheel problem. To be specific....

I cracked my fucking axle! blah... time for a new wheel.

And it turns out that my bike is hot.

As in, the pawn shop I got it from was fleecing goods.

However due to some law that works in my favor,

If the owner finds me on his bike, but I can produce the reciept from the pawn shop,

then the store that sold me the goods has to repay him, but I'd get to keep the bike.

And after sinking another $160 into the thing, no one's taking it from me.

well happy trails to you!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

old people

Thanks for all the info on the wheels guys. I'm leaning towards the Dura Ace Open Pro set up. I also heard some good things about Cosmic Elites.

Ok, so I'm riding home from my group ride last night when this old man pulls out in front of me. I'm not thrilled about it, but its happened enough times that I'm used to it. I move over into the left lane. This is where it gets screwy. The old man keeps coming over until he practically had me in someones front yard. I got pissed and gave his quarter panel a nice swift kick. Fucker keeps on going like I never even was there. I kinda snap a bit and decide to go chase him down. I ride right up next to him on the drivers side. I yell something like hey wtf's your problem? Dude doesn't budge and I have to stop before I run into a parked car. Not feeling quite satisfied with how things turned out...I chase him down again. I catch him at a stop sign. Old mans using both lanes. I pull up and proceed to beat the shit out of his other quarter panel. Doesn't even faze him. After that I decided to call it quits and go on home. I honestly don't think this guy was ignoring me. I think he was flat out oblivious. Wouldn't surprise me if he hit a car or some kid.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

almost forgot.

Does anyone know anything about Accelerade? I can't find Revenge anywhere. I got some really priceless looks from store clerks when they asked if they could help me out. Especially when I replied that I was looking for some Revenge. One dude flat out looked scared.

the picture of this in my mind, first thing this morning is hilarious.

Guest THE LAW

the steed just doesn't seem to be spinning right these days......

but goddamn is it nice out....

gonna be in town for the warriors actually but not racing....

Originally posted by nic sucks

blah blah blah words words words WARRIORS!!

Hehehehe. I wish I could go. Oh well. I found out today that I got the job at the other shop I had applied at. Woohoo!

Alkaline's component of the moment: Internal Headsets ... Oh man, I was looking at a bike that we carry in my shop today and was amazed at how much nicer a road bike with an internal headset looks compared to a regular threadless/threaded headset. It also dawned on me that I know nothing about them (as if I had only imagined seeing one today, and they really never even existed), so I'm doing some research on them. Does anybody ride a bike with an internal headset? Do you like it or not, and why?

Originally posted by alkaline

Hehehehe. I wish I could go. Oh well. I found out today that I got the job at the other shop I had applied at. Woohoo!

Alkaline's component of the moment: Internal Headsets ... Oh man, I was looking at a bike that we carry in my shop today and was amazed at how much nicer a road bike with an internal headset looks compared to a regular threadless/threaded headset. It also dawned on me that I know nothing about them (as if I had only imagined seeing one today, and they really never even existed), so I'm doing some research on them. Does anybody ride a bike with an internal headset? Do you like it or not, and why?

i have a mtn bike with a internal headset, i think the aplication of one works better on a road bike than a mtn. they are bling though.

got my kona, jake the snake, cyclocross bike, i think i am in love. have only done a road ride on it so far but hooo weee....

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by nic sucks

There's a pre-Warriors party on Friday night. I don't know where, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out.

-HESH- My gang is all gonna be rockin fixed gears. HARTFORD HARDCORE!!

maybe i'll see you there man. hit my email and i'll drop my celly.

dude, wtf are you thinking?! my gang isn't riding anything of value. you obviously haven't heard anything ill thats planned. im riding the most bobo mountain bike you've ever seen. the rest of the squad is on old cruisers. 21st & Diamond like woah nigga!!!!!

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

dibs if youre in love with the bike now just wait untill you do a cross race..then it becomes and addiction

you know i hope its like that, i have been waiting to get this bike for a long time, just the idea that it is so versitile, trail...road... both in the same ride. i am stoked. my manager at work races cross, so i got someone to train with, and work pays for my raccing so i got no excuse.:D

ok guys i got a question for ya,i ride bmx alot but since i moved to the city i feel the need for somthing more than my current 20 inch.I am looking for a road bike maybe a cyclecross bike,i want it to be 4130 or at least some form of steel i dont realy get into all that aluminuim,magnisuim,or carbon fiber stuff.does any body have any ideas on what type of frame i should be lookin for or if there are any good companies putting out some quality bikes without all the frills that are likely to get nabbed in a bigger city,i want to run a preaty basic setup,one brake i seen alot of messangers running a front but im used to just a back,and i am preaty sure i will be running a single gear with a cassete hub.well if anybody has any ideas or setups i should be running i would much appreciate it. thanks

So I was just flipping through Dirt Rag and there was a cool article in there. It was partly about biking and partly about GRIME (the writer). Anyways, here's a link if you guys want to read it. article It was written by the granddaughter of Phil Wood, which is interesting, because I never think of people like Phil Wood as an actual person ... Just a name on a bike part. Anyways, have fun at the race, and take lots of pictures.

Also, nic sucks, I talked to Hayley the other day. Matt now works for Softride, as a prodution manager. They gave him a free bike when they hired him, because they want their employees to promote the product they sell. Ain't that a kick in the head?

So I was just flipping through Dirt Rag and there was a cool article in there.

I also read this article and thought it was cool.

Anyways, have fun at the race, and take lots of pictures.

We only had one film camera, but we took a video cam too. I'll try to get you some pics. (The Warriors was totally off the hook, and I am now head over heels for NYC)

Also, nic sucks, I talked to Hayley the other day. Matt now works for Softride, as a prodution manager. They gave him a free bike when they hired him, because they want their employees to promote the product they sell. Ain't that a kick in the head?

lucky bastard!:mad: