bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 1/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, metronome said:

MVdP vs WVA? 

Pretty much how it started, with WVA gaining time on MVdP. Then WVA flatted, lost focus, and MVdP won it.

I was hoping Pidcock would finish 2nd or better but that course doesn't suit his riding style. That he finished 3rd is impressive. Excited to see how he rides the Classics in his first year as a pro on the road with Grenadiers. I could see him do well in races like Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Milano San Remo, and Giro de Lombardia. I think he's too small for races like Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix. 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

This happened on my way home from a ride to the store.

Cable broke at the paddle shifter for the rear derailleur. I heard a crackle sound then pop.

The positives: It already shifted into the gear and not halfway in between gears. I was in the alley, away from traffic. Made it home safely.

broke_paddle.jpg

Finally bought a cable for this repair. Jeez it takes me forever to do sht. I do it tho and it gets done, eventually. Island time... (no, I don't live on an island, just sayin)

What got me off my ass was the wife's BMX-GT broken brake cable a few days ago. I'll get to work on these this weekend.

bicycle-cables.jpg

• Like 3
  • Props 2

hell yeah! post that project as you build it, @nicklesndimes. that top tube is so long! 

also: don't toss your components just yet—am hearing that parts are once again real hard to find 

if you're taking everything apart hit it with some framesaver too. midaswell 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

Finally bought a cable for this repair. Jeez it takes me forever to do sht. I do it tho and it gets done, eventually. Island time... (no, I don't live on an island, just sayin)

What got me off my ass was the wife's BMX-GT broken brake cable a few days ago. I'll get to work on these this weekend.

bicycle-cables.jpg

May MFin' 2020 and now it's April 2021. Cable(s) replacement completed and back in action.

The wife's GT: The rear brake caliper doesn't close on the rim equally and simultaneously. I need to figure that out and fix it. Works tho

10 speed: Gonna remove the larger front chain ring and remove the entire front deraileur system. Make it a, 5-speed neighborhood ratchet.  I never sustain max speed on that thing anyway

Sprueone_GT-BMX_brake-pull.jpg

Sprueone_GT-BMX_rear-caliper.jpg

Sprueone_GT-BMX.jpg

Sprueone_10-speed-paddle-shifter.jpg

Sprueone_10-speed-rear-derailleur.jpg

Sprueone_10-speed.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

nice to see people still smoking a bowl at least. seems everyone goes straight to the blunts nowadays

funny too what people are calling blunts. They're all cigarillos. Little boy blunts. 

We called swisher perfectos and swisher blunts - blunts. And optimos. And Garcia Vegas. Man blunts.  Not this little teeny tiny power ranger cigarillo shit everyone is smoking now. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:43 PM, LUGR said:

The weed got better and the blunts got smaller.

Hold on, just now seeing this.  I had unfettered access to kind bud since i was ~15 years old.  😄

They weed only recently got better.  I associate cigarillos with not being able to afford large amounts of good weed.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, nicklesndimes said:

found this ad elsewhere online, and of course tons of men were drooling over how hot it was leaving all kinds of horny comment, etc.....

HOWEVER, they are morons....she is holding a seat AND seatpost in her hand in the picture. if she was sticking the post where the sun don't shine why would she have the seat AND post in her hand in the picture. there's a seat under there folks.

Screenshot_20210505-121906~2.png

Also the mere thought of trying to ride a bike like that while "railed" is a very poor decision that I'm sure would quickly darwin the rider.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oooof.

Got my bike out for a ride today on those new hoops.  And wow.  20mm deeper dish makes a pretty noticeable difference, and they are stiff as fuck compared to the alloy 3Ts I was on.  Getting up out of the saddle for some hills and all the power put directly to the ground.  I like. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1