bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

hope i can cop this bad boy soon, if no one else buys it. $1000. What do you think?

5Ia5Ka5S33m63p83N9c6q2cfb8e6c0ea51303.jpg

Pinarello frame and fork. All steel.

Full Ultegra group. Flight deck integrated brake lever shifters, front/rear derailleurs, cranks

Chris King headset.

Ritchey PRO handlebar.

Ritchey stem and seatpost.

Crank Bro pedals and Shimano shoes size 10.5ish. (I wore them twice)

Fist... thanks for the heads up. Fortunately, I live near Whole Foods and they have plenty of GF beer on hand. I drink cider more often, though.

Stoked for the start of the Tour but bummed I don't have access to watch it. No cable and this computer is so old that any live streaming is like watching a slow running stop-motion film. Just horrible...

• 1 month later...

lately my hands have been going numb when riding. this just started about a month ago. i've been riding the same bike for the last two years with the same bullhorn handlebars and seat height. some forums say it has to do with the way i'm positioning my wrists but it really doesn't matter which way i grip the handlebars, they go numb about 15 minutes into my ride. i've broken both of my wrists and a couple of fingers on one hand but they've never bothered me before. anyone else have this shit happen and know if a different style of bars or a way to alleviate the issue?

dunno

i have nonspecific joint pain that sometimes would cause a lot of distress while riding a bicycle

it arose out of nowhere and got worse and worse over time.

after about 4 years of careful research, i determined it was due to a milk allergy

i know this probably doesn't apply to your situation.

Any of you guys run too? Thoughts on running? I've avoided it for eight years but recently i did a "mud run" which was a 5k obstacle course thing with some friends of mine and I realized running on dirt doesnt hurt my knee. I bought some "support" trail running shoes and started running eight miles every other day with cycling. Maybe at some point I'll do some triathlons, if for anything just as an excuse to own a tt bike.

That's a white shirt.

i used to run, a lot. training for the terrapin 50k (not a typo) gave me IT tears. still did it though, just not as fast as id like... but that was a long time ago, havent ran since due to travelling.

are you a heel striker? 10 bucks says thats why your knees ever hurt in the first place.

distance running really isnt about stamina, its more about technique and mental shit. if you can learn to be a neutral or forefoot striker and to understand how to run slow as fuck you can run forever. best way i can describe the latter part is to go from driving to work every day and then just walk to work, if you can mentally be alright with taking 2 hours to do something you can easily do in 10 minutes with a car, i think it will help a lot with your running.

lately my hands have been going numb when riding. this just started about a month ago. i've been riding the same bike for the last two years with the same bullhorn handlebars and seat height. some forums say it has to do with the way i'm positioning my wrists but it really doesn't matter which way i grip the handlebars, they go numb about 15 minutes into my ride. i've broken both of my wrists and a couple of fingers on one hand but they've never bothered me before. anyone else have this shit happen and know if a different style of bars or a way to alleviate the issue?

I had that same problem about 5 years ago & for some reason it just stopped. I went for a 15km ride today with no numbness or pain but I just started working out/exercising a lot since the start of summer. Are you hydrating properly? I'm not sure if that can cause it, just a thought.

my brother recently got a new road bike so gave me his Specilized Allez road bike, it is a couple of years old and pretty basic (tiagra/sora i think) but has SPDs and did him ok from Paris to Geneva so as soon as it stops fucking raining and I can get it serviced I should be back cycling again!!

I had that same problem about 5 years ago & for some reason it just stopped. I went for a 15km ride today with no numbness or pain but I just started working out/exercising a lot since the start of summer. Are you hydrating properly? I'm not sure if that can cause it, just a thought.

i drink a lot of coffee and and alcohol, both of which dehydrate me. i guess that could have something to do with it. the last ride i went on there wasn't much issue. i dunno, my hands are all fucked up.

Acer, my knee was hurting from a motorcycle accident. I was cut off by a VW Golf, knee went into the side of it and I flipped a few times starting at probably still over 100 mph.

I have no clue why it stopped hurting. I did change my shoes to some mizunos which had me striking near the ball of my foot, which like you said is a good thing, and after four years of my knee hurting when I walk, sounding crackly if i squat down, and swelling when i jog... all those symptoms recently disappeared. Completely. Maybe running smoothed out the jagged broken cartilage in my leg but i'm not broken anymore. I really have no clue, but it's awesome and I feel blessed.

Also I'll take your advice on finding a sustainable speed.

Also, question, anyone worry about bone loss? Apparently swimmers and cyclists are prone to bone loss because of the low/no impact. Not sure what it means or if its something to worry about, if you're like me and exercise in hopes of being an active 80 year old some day.

just sold my '87 Cannondale SR500

Ahhh.. love that frame.

Actually crawled through the old cannondale catalogues that are avaiable online,

to track thar particular frame down, after seeing a girl driving past on one of these the other day.

In the end I didn't find it, and cannondale custumer support pointed out that this particular paintjob

(white with red / brownish logo) has been an 'europe-only' edition.

Can you confirm this?

Would love to buy one of these one day, but they really are hard to find..

Ahhh.. love that frame.

Actually crawled through the old cannondale catalogues that are avaiable online,

to track thar particular frame down, after seeing a girl driving past on one of these the other day.

In the end I didn't find it, and cannondale custumer support pointed out that this particular paintjob

(white with red / brownish logo) has been an 'europe-only' edition.

Can you confirm this?

Would love to buy one of these one day, but they really are hard to find..

not sure on that part, i had picked it up locally (dallas) off of craigslist basically because of the paint alone. i'd been after that era of frame but the look is what got me to buy without really checking the fit as well as i should've, wish i could have just grown some more or been able to shrink the frame, lol.