bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I don't know Swedish... Ridly gets amazing reviews for their frame building. Could be a good thing. And the new color ways for their bikes are way better than what you have pictured.

The team I ride for will be getting these for 2007...

205317.jpg

I've heard good things... I hope they're true. Anything is better than the Felt I rode this year, flexed like a bitch!

My dad rides one of those. he likes it a lot.

The ridley is going to be a sweet bike. Its just i dont want to have to buy a new fucking bike again. But we get custom paint jobs so i guess the helps sweeten the deal.

Question about the tall bikes: what do you do at a stop light? I mean, they can't all be fixed gear and easy to track stand. And you can't put your foot on the ground.

Atleast with the penny farther you could trackstand the thing like cake, considering they're about as direct drive as it gets...

I see people in my city all over the place on these things---even in high traffic downtown and shit. The thing is---I don't think I've ever seen anyone mount or dismount them. Weird. I'm curious too.

You do the same way you do on retarded single speed brakelss whips, you put your foot on the back wheel to slow it down using friction, and on a tall bike, just climb down when your going slow enough, I'm sure they're fun to mass with but yeah, my pant leg got caught in my chain during Critical Mass 2 months ago and a tall bike ran over me, I broke his fall, it hurt, he was high in the sky.

On a completely unrelated note, My Dad did some roadbiking in his time, and he has a couple of wild stories, as with everything hes ever done

One of the craziest stories he told me was about a ride he did with a couple of friends and an ex tour rider up Mt. Diablo, and it basically was that they ride all the way to the top of Mt Diablo from the bottom, take a break at the top, and then before going back down the hill, the ex tour rider unhooks his brake and heads straight down the hill....

The guys still alive....i think

i like stories..

when i lived in nebraska, i lived right along the platte near fremont--if you know the area (my condolences) there are some huge bluffs w/ up to 80 feet elevation drop in about 60 feet distance. (i don't know how to rate that grade...) at the bottom of the bluffs are super thick tree growths 10 feet onto the flat. we'd compete to see who would hit brake latest. my boy eric's cable snapped and he ate shit really hard into the trees. that was hilarious. he won

When I lived in Italy I started riding with some of the local guys because there was no hockey there. I remember there were more than a few close calls with cars, we would take up half the road and ride in packs of like 20, it was crazy. One weekend I went out with a guy and kids in a little cinque cinto grabbed onto my shoulder and tried to pull away from me. Needless to say I got the kid to let go, but ended up going down hard, turtle style, didnt even have time to break out. When I was able to get back up and regain my senses I realized that an old man had stopped the fiat and was beating the shit out of the two kids in it. hahaha. That made my day.

I had road rash so bad on parts of my arms and knees that I remember cracking my scabs so that I could bend appendages...

Say that when you're 6'6" :(

i'm, 6'3", tiger. ;)

im not talking about large frames, i'm talking 'tall bikes', ie: when you take two frames and weld one on top of the other. shit might as well be tattooing a gay fisting tantasy scene on your back in terms of no-turn-back homosexuality.

On a completely unrelated note, My Dad did some roadbiking in his time, and he has a couple of wild stories, as with everything hes ever done

One of the craziest stories he told me was about a ride he did with a couple of friends and an ex tour rider up Mt. Diablo, and it basically was that they ride all the way to the top of Mt Diablo from the bottom, take a break at the top, and then before going back down the hill, the ex tour rider unhooks his brake and heads straight down the hill....

The guys still alive....i think

but yeah, i figured ted shred was the only guy doing brakeless SS. we tried this done a hill one night, it's actually surprisingly effective to just use your shoe on the back wheel to break... and surprisingly retarded when your shoes wear down in one tenth the time.

but maybe you could say the same about the rear tire of a brakeless fixed gear.