The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

2ce3a97c-0cac-4620-a368-115c49c148ef_651

it basically makes using brave browser and firefox for youtube pointless.

all my chrome adblocks get flagged.

and most of my favorite youtube to mp3/mp4 downloader sites are acting up ..... i just wanna vibe out and listen to old time scifi radio dramas while playing weird west on playstation without getting spammed with ads every 10 minutes man

• Truth 1

14 minutes ago, MOOGLE? said:

found a workaround.

https://freetubeapp.io/

I was about to say, try tor.

Since yesterday,  I uninstalled all major browsers and I am now using the web through tor via whonix.  I am still learning the process and the ins and outs with running tor through whonix so I haven't tried youtube yet, but this method does help with viewing content. 

@ndv not really a fan of tor in general for everyday usage of pirate hoarding audio warez and random interesting high priced software my toaster desktop cant use without catching fire. 

im digging the fuck out of freetube at the moment , and i'll probably just hunt down radio dramas on soulseek.

this ad shit actually put a massive dent in using whosampled and discogs , and also a couple subreddits for obscure media and electronic music though.

what gets me is i now have ads on my own uploaded videos that have never once been monetized or had ads and i cant even play them without going into incognito or turning every block off

Edited by MOOGLE?
the cyberpunk dystopia is gonna be way lamer then i thought
  • LOL! 1

@MOOGLE? sounds like Google has sealed the deal on advertising and seized an exploit that they say as loosing money and patched it up quick as possible.  That's unfortunate, because I still run videos and most of my hour long music through YouTube throughout my work day on a daily basis but, I am not getting g the ads.  I mean, don't get me wrong, every once in a while, if I click on something it will have an ad that I can't go around it no matter what.  But I just always chalked it up as the person who uploaded it is making sure they get paid for it or whatever deal they have with Google. 

Not sure it it helps, but I also have my history turned off.  Other than that, I don't know why?