The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@nicklesndimes that beat is definitely not hip hop, the NIgerian Brit I work with also calls it grime. I cant think of any UK rapper  I like other than an old LP I stumbled upon Bush Meat by Infinite Livez and even then its the slang I cant get with.....

Nothing worse than shit UK freestyle videos. Maybe it's the accent.....idk

Lolz.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 8:35 AM, where said:

If you dont rate uk rappers shame on you. lol at "I think raps called grime over there".....Stormzy, Wiley, Skepta, Dave..........saying they're shit is mad ignorant

Honestly it's hard for me to follow rap from other countries.  I mean I get it, everyone has their domestic gangster if you will.  

But what makes it tough is the US is the real OG of rap/hip hop and all other is just a copy of what it is.   IDK it's just one of those things.

8 minutes ago, ndv said:

Honestly it's hard for me to follow rap from other countries.  I mean I get it, everyone has their domestic gangster if you will.  

But what makes it tough is the US is the real OG of rap/hip hop and all other is just a copy of what it is.   IDK it's just one of those things.

Pasta is from China but I still like to eat it in Italian food, it’s all relative not even about gangster shit there’s a ton of different styles in uk grime is one of the most popular but for me personally it’s about authentically telling your story and respect for the craft/listener....

Edited by where
  • Truth 1

16 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

It’s funny to me. It’s teh internets bruh and it’s only my opinion so it’s not that serious @where. Like I said previously there are some UK raps I dig, here and there....few and far between but overall I am not into it. 

But regardless of that American Hip Hop > UK Hip Hop all day. 

Yea I get that, a lot of people get put off by the accent but those people usually lack cultural milieu and shouldn’t have opinions about things.

19 minutes ago, where said:

Pasta is from China but I still like to eat it in Italian food, it’s all relative not even about gangster shit there’s a ton of different styles in uk grime is one of the most popular but for me personally it’s about authentically telling your story and respect for the craft/listener....

I see where you're coming from, and that's a good pasta analogy.  It's just tough for me to follow.  However, Tim Westwood is a beast and plenty of rappers have free-styled in his studio.  Tim Westwood free-style is kinda a big deal when you get invited.

But it's just tough for me to follow when some indian dude busts out a hip-hop lyric even though it's authentic to his culture of the words he be spittin. 

It's just weird for me.  

26 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@where lack culture - that is probably true in many cases. I prefer to practice my understanding of accents by conversing with my Uncle from Tullamore after he’s had a few too many Magners or watching pikey bare knuckle call out videos. 

I appreciate classic English literature more than I do UK grime/rap. Just because someone doesn’t like something doesn’t mean they are ignorant. The last time I was in the UK I made rap sprays - can I have an opinion on UK rap? Please.........bruv. 

you're checking a lot of the boxes and trying to backpedal a lil but still the statement of uk rap is shit is an ignorant one and as an outsider you have dont get to have a negative opinion without being called a dickhead. Its whatever tho trying to convince a so called hip hop head about the merits of another culture is the dumbest shit ever, Id have more luck trying to teach an angelfish portuguese 

• Truth 1

27 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@where based on my american tastes can you recommend me something?

i like hardcore crack type shit, and ironically also conscious and backpack type shit too.

a fair statement would be that I have had minimal exposure to UK rap and what I have heard I haven’t liked.

7F8C67CC-C94A-4C6E-A504-78A227E3FF4E.jpeg

• Like 1