The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"if i didnt have a boyfriend id be all over you"

AKA lets fuck

get my number from my sis

"ill find you on facebook"

AKA we are gonna fuck but i dont want anyone to know

Goals

Im applying my graffiti interests toward my programming ability. Today I put together a brief python script to scrape a reputable graffiti writers forum. The scraper was designed to build a database of user names and images uploaded. My goal is two fold: learn about computer vision through analyzing graffiti pictures, develop insight into people's usage of the internet for distributing graffiti images. Beyond analysis, I would love to create a graffiti recomendation engine for aspiring graffiti artists. This engine would look at a person's 'style' and give suggestions of other artists they may benefit from studying.

Scraping process

I focused my first group of images scraped on New York city. I found the New York city forum thread in 12ozprophet.com. From here, I catered the scraper to tag posts and the images contained in the post. I created a unique ID for the images and the posts. Now that this has been completed, I may need to create a unique ID for the user names. As of now, this is not necessary.

The scraper pulled from over 440,000 posts within the New York graffiti thread. From those posts, over 275,000 images were gathered. In a brief overview, I can tell that not all images are graffiti. Similarly, not all images are of paintings. There are tags, throw ups, pieces, and sketches. The images vary in quality and size. The dataset pulled from forum posts between 2009 to 2014. I'm surprised to see how much camera quality and digital photography has changed in those few years.

Considering analysis

In the past few weeks, I have spent time understanding the application of statistical analysis on large data sets. Because I was working with small sets, I was able to use Microsoft Excel's functions. Beyond 100 data points, excel becomes noticeably sluggish in processing simple PivotTable tasks. I will use R and python libraries to process future analysis.

I am reading various books I purchased in the past from Oreilly. The books topics are mainly around R, data analysis in Python, OpenCV, and machine learning. None of these topics are failiar to my background, or me so I have also picked up a basic book on linear algebra. I would like to finish the preliminary results from the first dataset by next week and move ahead with scraping the rest of 12ozprophet.

D'MARCUS WILLIAMS

T.J. JUCKSON

T'VARIUSNESS KING

TYROIL SMOOCHIE-WALLACE

D'SQUARIUS GREEN, JR.

IBRAHIM MOIZOOS

JACKMERIUS TACKTHERITRIX

D'ISIAH T. BILLINGS-CLYDE

D'JASPER PROBINCRUX III

LEOZ MAXWELL JILLIUMZ

JAVARIS JAMAR JAVARISON-LAMAR

DAVOIN SHOWER-HANDEL