The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MALE dolphins conduct intense social relationships and are found to engage in extensive bisexuality, according to US scientists.

Researchers from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth studied more than 120 bottlenose dolphins in Shark Bay, Western Australia, and found their relationships were more complex than previously thought.

The creatures engaged in extensive bisexuality, combined with periods of exclusive homosexuality, co-author Richard Connor told Discovery News.

"I work on the male dolphins and their social lives are very intense; it seems there is constant drama," he said. "I have often thought, as I watched their complicated alliance relationships, that their social lives would be mentally and physically exhausting, and I'm glad I'm not a dolphin."

His team found that the dolphins also pair-up, or swim in groups of three, to herd individual females during the mating season.

The results of the study, to be published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, found that most male dolphins are also members of "second order alliances" of between four to 14 males -- with one known seven-member gang still together after 17 years.

Connor said that though the males are "capable of serious aggression," they do not squabble constantly and did not patrol and defend particular areas.

Buju Banton sentenced to 10 years in

prison for drug trafficking

By Brad Wete

Comments 46

Add a comment

Image Credit: Reuters/Steve Nesius/LandovAfter being found

guilty in February for conspiring to deal cocaine, reggae

superstar Buju Banton (né Mark Myrie), 38, has been

sentenced to 10 years in prison, Yahoo reports.

The Jamaica native was given the lowest sentence possible for

his crimes, conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute

cocaine, and using a telephone to facilitate a drug trafficking

offense.

“The days that lie ahead are filled with despair, but I have

courage and grace and I’m hopeful, and that is sufficient to

carry me through,” he said in the statement. “The man is not

dead. Don’t call him a ghost.”

Prior to being found guilty in February, Banton scored a

controversial win at the Grammys for Best Reggae Album for

Before the Dawn.

30788174_640X480.jpg

12-083753, Suspicious Subject, 2600 block of Fairfield St, 0107,

As an officer was seated in his patrol car, Jesse James Thomas, 55, approached on foot and jumped on the hood. Thomas yelled his own name then ran off. He was described wearing a dark puffy jacket, a sombrero, and a boxing glove on his right hand. He was soon found in the area lying in the street and subsequently arrested for public intoxication.

http://www.kcra.com/news/30788169/detail.html

only in sacramento.. smh

this brotha is gone to the wind.:lol: