Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/09/2023 in all sections

1. bit curious of a giant jellyfish washed up
    5 points
  2. rapidsave.com_yes_or_no_challenge-t4zl0gyi3czb1.mp4
    3 points
  3. Truer words are hardly ever spoken: 555twitter.com_1699580241577.mp4
    3 points
  4. Please excuse Billy for being late, we had to stop to bench a freight.
    3 points
  5. But yeah, agree, plastic bad, Halibut good. Oysters.... guess I'd try farmed oysters but I'm pretty picky about oysters to begin with, I like certain regions over others.
    2 points
  6. How about Rocky Mountain oysters?
    2 points
  7. what about farmed oysters? my state has a reasonably big oyster farming industry
    2 points
  8. my son is fine he legs it as we arrive but my daughter is like "walk me in Dad" c'mon fool cant you hear the PacNat coming uphill? get yo' 7 year old self in the gate"
    2 points
  9. Think about all the unregulated industrial waste coming out of places in Asia. I have spent some time on boats out there and coming into port in big cities is disturbing to the point I was freaked out to get the water on me and would never eat anything out of the water. And in that same water people were in it fishing to feed themselves. Travel out of port a few hours and I would eat the fish though and swim. Gulf caught seafood tastes super clean to me. There is so much water out there and you can definitely taste a difference compared to stuff caught inshore. I am more concerned about micro plastics and shit like that. Halibut is insanely good. I went halibut fishing in Alaska and this dude on our boat caught a monster. Had to shoot it with a .22 before bringing it on board. Quite a memorable experience. For the record, farmed shrimp, fish and mussels sketch me out.
    2 points
  10. 2 points
  11. @ndvenough fish is contaminated to have warnings against eating it more than twice a week.
    2 points
  12. frogmouths think this makes two years running we've been seeing them. I'm schnitzel bitch volunteered on classtrip to parliament house wrote a note for the local greens senator on her notepad - had to be sneaky freights went to indian supermarket for random buys was hot so bought a drink not supernice thums down i say 104 degrees today big ass jellyfish my size 10's next to it for scale
    2 points
  13. @LUGR I agree, the pacific shrimp doesn't compare to the US gulf shrimp. Gulf shrimp seem to have more flavor than other shrimp in other parts of the world. But it's tough for me to opt for knowing out gulf conditions. Plus it doesn't help during the somer when our local news outlets report water samples that have fecal matter on the high sides. And this fecal matter isn't from the sea creatures, human waste is what they test for. @One Man Banned its nice to know other people question our gulf shores too. Louisiana is a huge supplier for shrimp throughout the states for the most part. Which I am not knocking on the industry but not just oil and gas industry not to mention other industry polluters along the Mississippi River all the way up to Wisconsin. There's a lot of natural to industrial waste that dumps out from the mouth of the Mississippi. The thought of this is tough for me. When it comes to seafood, halibut is the only fish I'll eat, but don't get me wrong, I can't pass up good gumbo, or shrimp etouffee. Who knows, even the halibut could be contaminated in Alaska too.
    2 points
  14. It's tough. Most of the frozen/previously frozen shrimp around are from Thailand, Vietnam, and India. Nothing wrong with that per se, but those are different shrimp that live there, not what we grew up eating. Much of that is also farmed shrimp, which I'm not crazy about. Locally I definitely worry about gulf shrimp for reasons @ndvalready said (and I'm glad to hear someone from down there say it) but it's hard for me to find other U.S. caught shrimp where I'm at. I have seen gulf shrimp making a comeback in markets and such.
    2 points
  15. Idk, I have my quirks with gulf shrimp. It's like, I don't want to know where they are coming from and would like to think our shrimp comes from places like south pacific. But I know that's not the case. What's tough for me to eat shrimp, is all the past oil spills in the gulf. I know it sounds crazy as we all take risks steppingmout our doors everyday but it's pretty much the thought which I cut way back specially after the deep horizon knowing the waters around the spill where crop dusted with a chemical that neutralizes the oil and it sinks to the sea floor.
    2 points
  16. rapidsave.com_average_day_in_nyc-5u73udsixczb1.mp4
    2 points
  17. 2 points
  18. Head on? Fresh? Price and what for? If I had that much shrimp I would be excited about making up some stock with the shells. Last thing I bought was a sour cherry croissant with a small coffee.
    2 points
  19. I just had to have the “talk” with my 12yro son - school is going to start teaching it next month. Dude was clueless- He is 7th grade, Summer of 7th I got my first BJ. I am glad he is a good kid.
    2 points
  20. The new workout video just dropped. 555twitter.com_1699473293933.mp4
    2 points
  21. Did you drive your van to the show? Should have just popped in for a nap before the show.
    1 point
  22. We ended up getting Mexican food as we walked past the indian place on the way to the gig. All was good but getting up at 5am for a show that started at 9pm was brutal /yesfeelingolder
    1 point
  23. 1 point
  24. They are but the up keep on them is quite a task you can't miss a beat on. Jokes aside, they have to be trimmed all the time because they will get dingle berries you can see from outer space. You also have the keep them groomed in the inner paws because their fur will out grow the pads and they will loose traction and slide.
    1 point
  25. Yeah, I don’t about this load the gut with Indian food before the concert idea.
    1 point
  26. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE CLIT?!?!
    1 point
  27. Made it through with no problems, 😁. Travel days are a bummer. A woman had some allergic reaction in front of me in line at TSA and had to do epi pen and rest for a few. I am such an pussy when it comes to medical emergencies, they make me choke up. It has not always been that way and I hope that if I ever need to come through in a pinch that this new sensitivity does not block my performance. Iam thinking to spam this thread on my travels for some entertainment.
    1 point
  28. rapidsave.com_when_your_dad_is_90s_kid-co8n3nbqryxb1.mp4
    1 point
  29. This threads name gives me wood 🪵🪓
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00