im not donating shit....

boogie hands

rb2000lg.jpg

greybanner.jpg

RB1000mini.gif

aids-bracelet-silicon_normal.jpg

get this shit out of here. you may as well wear a big sign that says "i rarely do anything charitable so i got a real hard-on when i donated 4 bucks to lance armstrong and wanted to parade it around for a few months."

whatever dude.....cancer and poverty are so "in" right now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lance armstrong strated that shit. his is the only real charity bracelet anyways, all those other ones are pretenders who ripped off his good idea. its all lost its meaning now. you cant have something unique and intresting if every other idiot copies it, which is too bad. and its also a mixed blessing that they are hip, cuz charities are getting money, but people may be donating for the wrong reasons, but i guess it doesnt really matter why someone donates as long as they get money

lance armstrong strated that shit. his is the only real charity bracelet anyways, all those other ones are pretenders who ripped off his good idea. its all lost its meaning now. you cant have something unique and intresting if every other idiot copies it

word.

you can even buy bootleg ones at corner stores and gas stations. for 5th grade kids i think it is a cool thing to have like 20 of them on your arm. wen i was in new york this faggy 10 or 11 year old had like 37 of them on his arm. and my little cousin has like 6

my boss was selling some to benefit some shit his daughter was into.

he said he was in line at walgreens, the woman in front of him asked the cashier if they had any.. they didnt... he offered.. she got like 8, and while he was selling those to here, 2 other cats came up and bought a few.. you could make some loot

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Jun 29 2005, 11:26 PM

i have mad scene points and street cred, so i had a livestrong bracelt before they blew up. I was at work early last summer and some lady was like, "those little yellow braclets are so hip and cool, do you sell them here?" "no ma'am, this is a pet store..."

funny shit!

I never did rock one....it's for a really good cause though

The fashion has only really hit here a good 6 months ago or so. I had 3 of em bout the same time ago, i ended up giving them to other people cause they kept saying to me 'where did you get that from, ohh i want one so bad' so to save the nagging i just took it off, gave it to them, and told them to go away

now i collect peoples hair and make bracelets from them and wear them

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by theGOON@Jun 29 2005, 07:18 PM

if i got a custom one it would say AIDS IS FUNNY

my uncle died of aids. it wasn't so funny. irony has no place when your family is whithering away.

and yeah, those things have been around for about a year and a half now, maybe two. occasionally you'll see someone acting the fool and have to ask yourself how they're living "strong" in any sense of the word. i suppose though, that as long as he didn't steal one, it's all for the best. i'm not with bracelets. i don't wear one, but they got my dollar last summer. AOL published a figure not too long ago ... it's in the multiple millions. kind of a shame that it's now a fashion trend (MEGA HOT! according to one website) and pizza hut might have some soon, but...

multiple millions from little rubber bracelets? yeah, ain't nothing wrong with that.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Nike started that shit with Lance, so you know they wouldnt leave it alone if it went well. And it did

lance armstrong strated that shit. his is the only real charity bracelet anyways, all those other ones are pretenders who ripped off his good idea. its all lost its meaning now. you cant have something unique and intresting if every other idiot copies it

word.

you can even buy bootleg ones at corner stores and gas stations. for 5th grade kids i think it is a cool thing to have like 20 of them on your arm. wen i was in new york this faggy 10 or 11 year old had like 37 of them on his arm. and my little cousin has like 6

[/quo

you know my brother?!? :haha:

Originally posted by dumy@Jun 29 2005, 10:59 PM

I admit, it's annoying that its trendy to wear your genorosity on your wrist, but in this case I think the ends justify the means.

i completely agree with you here but i think the overall statement (about people in general) this bracelet campaign has made is a sad one. making illness fashionable (this is not a literal usage of the word) via celebrity and marketing campaigns is something that in my eyes, shouldn't have to be done but obviously DOES have to be done in order to raise money.

not to mention while everyone is in a frenzy over what ever lance armstrong or tom cruise is touting other problems are sitting in the shadows. maybe if tom hanks and plastic bracelets had happened to alzheimers ten years ago my grandfather would have know who i was for the last 4 years of his life......

ps-if the above little rant didnt make you aware, this thread is in no way about "hating on trendy things". i would have figured the title and the fact people are so up on being ironic would have clued you kids in on that (not that the irony was really deep, but whatever).

OOH SONS OF THE DEVIL WILL CARRY THEIR MARK IN THEIR RIGHT HAND!!!!!

THEYVE USED A CANCER PATIENT TO BECOME THEY PUPPET BUT THE CONSPIRACY BEHIND THIS IS DISSCUSTIN!

THE ONES WHO FOLLOWS GODS STRAIGHT PATH CAN ONLY BELIEVE, YOU BABYLON CHILDREN GO ON AND FILL YOURSELF WITH PRIDE, AND HAVE FUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Originally posted by wiseguy+Jun 30 2005, 04:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wiseguy - Jun 30 2005, 04:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pawl Wall@Jun 30 2005, 12:18 PM

wen i was in new york this faggy 10 or 11 year old had like 37 of them on his arm. and my little cousin has like 6

some faggy 10 or 11 year old? you knew he was gay? how?

[/b]

did i say he was gay ? no i said he was "faggy"

Archived