im not donating shit....

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
whatever dude.....cancer and poverty are so "in" right now.

What an idiot. Maybe someone you know will have to live on the streets or get cancer soon, you can see how 'in' it is then.

Anyway the bands were originally a good idea, now they have a hundred rip offs and fakes, which could ony be expected i suppose. Well if it helps a few people out then its been decent.

Originally posted by boogie hands+Jun 30 2005, 09:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boogie hands - Jun 30 2005, 09:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Jun 29 2005, 10:59 PM

I admit, it's annoying that its trendy to wear your genorosity on your wrist, but in this case I think the ends justify the means.

i completely agree with you here but i think the overall statement (about people in general) this bracelet campaign has made is a sad one. making illness fashionable (this is not a literal usage of the word) via celebrity and marketing campaigns is something that in my eyes, shouldn't have to be done but obviously DOES have to be done in order to raise money.

not to mention while everyone is in a frenzy over what ever lance armstrong or tom cruise is touting other problems are sitting in the shadows. maybe if tom hanks and plastic bracelets had happened to alzheimers ten years ago my grandfather would have know who i was for the last 4 years of his life......

[/b]

well said..

Originally posted by bleeeeegh@Jun 30 2005, 03:22 PM

whatever dude.....cancer and poverty are so "in" right now.

What an idiot. Maybe someone you know will have to live on the streets or get cancer soon, you can see how 'in' it is then.

Anyway the bands were originally a good idea, now they have a hundred rip offs and fakes, which could ony be expected i suppose. Well if it helps a few people out then its been decent.

you're the idiot.

Those bracelets are so fucking gay. All the ppl who have one because they ACTUALLY care about the cause, good for you.

Too everyone else who has a NIKE or REEBOK one, or got one just bc their friends all had them....You can all eat shit and die you trendy wannabe motherfuckers. fuck off.