1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Growing Up, I was RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by duh-rye-won, Oct 18, 2004.

1. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

Growing Up, I was RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan!

Discussion started by duh-rye-won - Oct 18, 2004

"if you don't translate that now, i'm going to punch you in your fucking mouth."

maybe i was out of line, but i really just don't give a fuck.

the production department of my company consists of 2 fucktards who consistently fuck things up and give me an attitude. i can deal with people who suck at their job but are friendly. i can also deal with assholes who do good work. i can not however, deal with morons who make mistakes which completely fuck me over, and give me an attitude to boot.

(breif background for those of you who don't know me... i am from new york but i moved to hong kong and am the art director/senior product designer of a toy company)

for the most part, i get along really well with everyone in my company. i really go out of my way to be cool with people, and try to overcome the "all americans are douchebags" stereotype. unfortunately, there is no way to avoid catching some amount of resentment. i make a lot more money than these people and everyone knows it. i am also cool with my boss, the owner of the company, who everyone else is terrified of. i get treated better than they do. i get treated with respect, and they don't. my boss knows that he can get away with shit with the hong kong staff that he would never pull on me. so it's not my fucking fault that i make 5 times as much as people twice my age and it's also not my fault that my boss respects me and pisses all over everyone else.

back to the 2 obnoxious fucks in the production department. (production dept., deals with the factories and modelmakers and are basically the go between for turning my designs into products) we've got Fannie and Kei. Fannie is an ugly middle aged moron, about as smart as a bowl of white rice. Kei is an obnoxious prick, the same age as me. Fanny and Kei have an annoying little habit of speaking to each other in cantonese while the three of us are having a meeting, and then looking at me and laughing.

that is some seriosuly rude shit. even if the joke isn't directed at me, i dont give a fuck. don't pull that shit. i lost my cool with them about it once before, and decided i wouldn't deal with them anymore unless someone was present who could translate. their english sucks, but we can get by without a translator with their shitty english and my shitty cantonese. but a month ago i got so fed up with their attitudes and garbage, i refused to deal with them without someone else to help things go smootly.

so a month has gone by and i forget about my demand for always having someone their to help the meetings go smoothly, and what does Kei do? that stupid fuck says something to Fannie in cantonese, they look me dead in the eye, and they start laughing in my face.

so i lose my cool.

i grab Kei by his mobile phone which is dangling around his neck by a strap and pull him towards me. I tell him to tell me what the fuck he said or i was gonna hit him. Fannie FREAKS THE FUCK OUT and starts screaming. i let go of KEI and walk out of the office. as i'm leaving Kei starts saying that he will not work for this company anymore, if i don't get fired, because he was physically threatened.

so now i'm back in the design department which is on a different floor in the same building. my boss is out of town, so nothing can really be done at this point.

my contract is up in decmber anyway and still havent decided if i want to stay or not. i doubt i'd get canned for this. my boss will probably think it's funny. hard to tell.

that's my story for today. update tomorrow.

duh-rye-won - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. imported_Tesseract - Replied Oct 18, 2004

Dude thats the rudest thing ever and i'm a foreigner aswell...i never ever pulled the funny secret language trick on the street let alone work.
    You did well and to be honest, you shoulda smack that bitch in the face...all this time you should carry a small recorder with you and directly record the cantonese retartness.

3. RoboThruster

RoboThruster 12oz Member

RoboThruster - Replied Oct 18, 2004

I used to have this strange idea in the back of my head that the majority of asian people were generally nicer than the rest of the population for some reason. I think it comes from that stereo type of Asians as being very courteous and responsible to uphold their honour or whatever.

After having to deal with more and more of them I've realised this is total bullshit. The douchebag to courteous citizen ratio in the amongst the Asian population (also known as "dem yello niggas" ) is exactly the same as with any other race.

Anyway for some reason your story reminds me of Toshiba's Castle. You should make both of them run into a brick wall by disguising it as a rice paper door.

RoboThruster - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. deph

deph New Jack

deph - Replied Oct 18, 2004

everyones pretty much the same being an asshole is on a higher level than race.

deph - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Oct 18, 2004

personally i think you should be comended for puttin up with so much shit without doing anything yet. but good luck with that

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. azert

azert 12oz Senior Member

azert - Replied Oct 18, 2004

Hell yeah iquit. That shit pisses me off too. Japanese people don't do it that much, just mostly rich yakuza wannabe guys do that. I never do shit cause they're always with about ten of their friends. I just stare until they look away. But your approach was probably more effective than mine. ;)

azert - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Oct 18, 2004

sometimes i wonder if people who come into my work are talki about me and shit like that cuz there are a considerable amount of foreigners in that come in, but then i realize that who cares?

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

GLIK$ - Replied Oct 18, 2004

Fuck hong kong.

Come back bitch, I need my NMoppa DVD.

GLIK$ - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. gatita

gatita 12oz Senior Member

gatita - Replied Oct 18, 2004

Good, maybe you will come back then. Bitch.

gatita - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Oct 18, 2004

haha, the guy started screaming? man, I don't know what to say. I find this really funny, though. Good luck.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  11. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Oct 18, 2004

We demand pictures of Fannie and Kei.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Fondles

Fondles 12oz Veteran Member

Fondles - Replied Oct 18, 2004

^0^ WE'LL KNOCK A HATAH OUT WE SUM HEADBUSSAZ ^0^

Fondles - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. test pattern

test pattern 12oz Elite Member

test pattern - Replied Oct 18, 2004

fannie is a really gay name
    and kei sounds like a character out of king of fighters or something

test pattern - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fatalist - Replied Oct 18, 2004

GOOD LUCK .....man fuck those two morons....for getting you all heated...ha ha i can't believe he started screaming....what a pansy

fatalist - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Oct 18, 2004

I got irritated reading that shit. You did the right thing.

If you're as cool with you're as cool with your boss as you claim, i would take the initiative and bring this to his attention as soon as possible, explaining the situation in a calm manner.

Bad ass what you did but in todays day and age, outbursts like that can follow you but in this case, I think it might be swept under the rug.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages: