Mexican Restaurant Poll

mr.yuck

The free chips and salsa Poll  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, nicklesndimes said:

lol no i didn't hear back but i did accidentally hit send for a sec when i typed in the phone #. hopefully he's alright.

i called him. Number it out of service. I’m assuming he was receiving a large volume of complaints and was forced to start a new life with a new number.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

i called him. Number it out of service. I’m assuming he was receiving a large volume of complaints and was forced to start a new life with a new number.

His recipe is not terrible. I did make the following tweaks:

- Used minced garlic from jar instead of powder.

- Smoked ghost pepper flakes instead of basic red pepper flakes.

- Mayo instead of Miracle Whip.

3 hours ago, MarcoFromHouston said:

I don't eat at Chuy's very often. Probably twice in the last 10 years. My brother-in-law and younger brother love that place.

Yeah man, La Tapatia is dope, although it used to be so much better before they changed their menu to a more be more Anglo friendly. I distinctly remember eating there once, asking for a menudo and they told me they no longer serve it. I went to University of Saint Thomas down the street and would eat there all the time! The $5 margaritas were awesome too! I might have been there late night once or twice in the last 5 years. Pretty good, maybe a bit above average, but definitely not amazing. Prices are pretty decent though. 

I recently began writing a taco column called Tacos y Más for Chron.com. Check it out here:

https://www.chron.com/author/marco-torres/

I also wrote a list of my favorite taco spots for Eater Houston earlier this year:

https://houston.eater.com/maps/houston-best-tacos-taquerias-essential

-MARCO FROM EL NORTHSIDE, HOUSTON TEXAS

That's wussup! 

So I take you pretty much know about Tacos La Balla, huh?

• Like 1

I was fed Miracle Whip Brand Mayo Like Product© for years by my grandma. It wasn't until later in life that I realized Miracle Whip Brand Mayo Like Product© isn't really mayo at all. I went from Hellmann's and settled on Dukes for years. Our household has transitioned to JFG mayo for the wifes nostalgia purposes. It's pretty damn good. I can proudly say we are a JFG family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Duke's is legit. Never thought I'd be mayo brand loyal, but here I am, 38, gainfully employed, a homeowner, not fat, and loyal as fuck to Duke's...

You would have none of that stuff if you were loyal to Miracle Whip.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1