Dhabz Draggin Christmas Steak Thread

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Not been to Outback steakhouse.

In America are they marketed as australian style?

because I'd wager they would be slightly marketed as American style eating over here

they sell some chintzy deep fried "australian aesthetic" that is really just relabeled american casual family dining food. a relic of the 90s, kind of amazing that it still exists. you're not missing anything. if you want to approximate the experience, get dinner with a drunk american tourist and oversalt your food 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Lol you said exactly what i was immediately thinking.

Snow beef because he's slathering it up w/ Japanese cow semen.  Gives a nice char and a unique flavor that nobody can put their finger on.... exclusive only to snow beef.

@One Man Banned Would a real Texan ever say “cow semen”?

Steaks is High

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

Fosters used to be my a go to beer for driving home from work if I did not want to go though the hassle of pouring into a cup. My logic was that since the can was a different shape that the police would be less likely to scope if I was caught slipping while sipping.

I wonder if it is still legal to have a single beer on the road in montana.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, morton said:

Could make the drive in a Subaru outback for outback cubed.

I feel like this could be turned into one of these meme panels that show the brains progressively enlightened inside people like medical drawings on LSD.

The last panel could be grilling steaks in a grill that's installed in the back of your subaru outback, in the outback steakhouse parking lot in the outback of Australia.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

3 hours ago, morton said:

It is very possible that I am reading it wrong but I get the impression that their is some glamorization of their suicides. 

Take Kurt Cobain from just a decade or so earlier and the reaction was different, like I said I could be reading it wrong but do feel there is something there. 

There are differences but I don't think glamorization is one.  There's more attention to mental health now than then, still not enough, but there is.  A guy like Robin Williams is a bit more famous and endeared to people across years/generations, and the fact that his suicide was influenced by illness created some discussion.  Bourdain's suicide was also roasted (pun intended?) by comedy's best.  Also people's (mis)perceptions, no one is especially surprised when the moody addicted punk rocker blows his brains out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I feel like this could be turned into one of these meme panels that show the brains progressively enlightened inside people like medical drawings on LSD.

The last panel could be grilling steaks in a grill that's installed in the back of your subaru outback, in the outback steakhouse parking lot in the outback of Australia.

The fifth panel can be with Xzibit manning the grill.

• Truth 1

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Big Bourdain fan?  This is the 2nd time recently where I see you randomly pull out a full quote from him to fit the conversation.

I was with Kitchen confidential but as it went on I got sick of him banging on on some NYC schtick about the bridge and tunnel crowd and non new yorkers - essentially looking down on anybody from outside the 5 boroughs which is to say 99.9% of the world.

I read all his book but with less and less enthusiasm as he wrote more.

But the dude could write about food

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Any of you guise ever fuck with sous vide ?

I have one but haven’t used it and heard steaks cooked that way and seared are on point…

We have one, but haven't done a steak in it yet. Combination of not patient enough to wait, and charcoal/wood fire fanaticism. Done quite a few Costco pork loins in one  like that, and honestly, it's hard to really go wrong with slow cook to sear. I bet a nice steak like that would be worth the wait.

You throw your meat/marinade in a sealed bag, and cook it slowly in warm water somewhere between bathwater temp & boiling. Takes a long time but seals in juices better than deep frying, and cooks everything perfectly even. Throw that bitch in a skillet and you got yourself some fancy pants poop making materiel. Highly recommend.

• Props 1