Dhabz Draggin Christmas Steak Thread

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, LUGR said:

Y’all some trusting muthafuckas if your going to put fish sauce on your steak because @whererecommended it.

I can also say that's a tried & true method but I probably only know how to cook steak on a hot rail like a demented hobo.

Dhabz saying things lately that make me question if he's really from TX.  Say you don't like brisket or mesquite next.

Will 3rd on what @ndv and @Dark_Knight said.  I had Wagyu at some supposedly fancy steakhouse in Taiwan and it did not look or taste like what you see in the states.  Bigger cut too.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

Haha, man I've lived in TX my entire life.  Born outside of Dallas, grew up in San Antonio, then Austin, then Dallas, then Austin, and now I'm moving to a place between here and San Antonio.

I will never leave TX unless it's to go live in New Zealand..... and even that's a stretch because all of my and my girlfriend's family is here.

Going to get that 8oz Dallas Filet tonight at Tx Road House.  Shit is legit af.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, glad you mentioned TX Road House.  I'm sure they're better in TX but always good to hear an endorsement because I'm skeptical and look at all those places as gimmicks from the same sort of template.  Don't want to get away from TX but I feel like I may have mentioned similar thoughts about Outback Steak House to @Schnitzel and/or @Hua Guofang after I found out they exist in Australia.

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Dhabz- you got one of these in your front yard?

Small Rockdale Texas Oil Well - YouTube

I do not.... yet. My plan is to build a solar powered steam turbine setup though. Like the type of energy production a real power plant does but on a smaller scale. 

4 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Is Texas road house the one where you throw your peanut trash on the floor?

My gf says they used to let you do that. I think the one by me is particularly legit because it's owned by Willy. Willy also lives in the area so I highly doubt they can do squirrely shit for long at that location. They have a serious reputation to uphold. Their steaks are top notch imo and so are the sides.  Like I mentioned it's always packed. 

im sure there are some franchises across America that aren't that great. I was actually surprised when I saw one in South Carolina. 

2 hours ago, where said:

Its called science idiot 

trust the science. It sounds like you quoted doctor fauci. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Oh yeah, glad you mentioned TX Road House.  I'm sure they're better in TX but always good to hear an endorsement because I'm skeptical and look at all those places as gimmicks from the same sort of template.  Don't want to get away from TX but I feel like I may have mentioned similar thoughts about Outback Steak House to @Schnitzel and/or @Hua Guofang after I found out they exist in Australia.

Not been to Outback steakhouse.

In America are they marketed as australian style?

because I'd wager they would be slightly marketed as American style eating over here

Closest one to me is nearly 1,000 miles away so I can't confirm anything about them.

will have to try texas style BBQ sometime  there's a place near  callled the sneaky pickle which bills itself as authentic BBQ but no idea what it's like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ndv said:

I am sure, but I haven't had it.  One of my inlaws is raising wagyu strain and finally had some.  Honest opinion, couldn't tell the difference from regular cow.   If I am gonna eat wagyu, I am gonna a eat the Japanese wagyu.  All other wagyu is just sub-par knock off. 

There's a farmer who raises cows ~6-8hrs from where I live, and he calls it snow beef (https://www.instagram.com/sasksnowbeef/?hl=en) and what he does is he imports Japanese wagyu bull cum (yeah you read that right, apparently there is auctions and demand for this cum) - I want to try this beef.

• Like 1

isnt the real fatty beef Kobe beef?

I recall anthony Bourdain ranting something to do with it in one of his books..

"No one who orders a Kobe slider wants the unctuous, fatty experience of ordering a Kobe steak," he told Town and Country. "What they want is bragging rights in front of (those) around them so they can all high five. It's part of the 'bro' culture I find troubling."

I think is is truer than most of us would like to believe

1928356010_ScreenShot2021-12-24at4_06_53pm.thumb.png.1d4938ac95f2b234b98195a109d97efe.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, metronome said:

There's a farmer who raises cows ~6-8hrs from where I live, and he calls it snow beef (https://www.instagram.com/sasksnowbeef/?hl=en) and what he does is he imports Japanese wagyu bull cum (yeah you read that right, apparently there is auctions and demand for this cum) - I want to try this beef.

Does he rub the bull juice on the steaks like @wheresciences up his steaks with fish sauce?

You should definitely eat that beef.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

will have to try texas style BBQ sometime  there's a place near  callled the sneaky pickle which bills itself as authentic BBQ but no idea what it's like.

The Sneaky Pickle sounds weird and sketchy…be careful with that one.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, metronome said:

I encourage you to try both American and A5 Wagyu.  It's not one of those things were you try one before the other, you'll know right away which is which.  As for the American version, ot is less fatty so it doesn't have that melt in your mouth effect (I mean this literally not a figure of speach) as does the top grade A5 will do.  

If you are serious to try wagyu I recommend looking up the finest or one of the top 3 finest steak houses in your area,  I recommend the finest because they are going to get the highest quality wagyu which is going to be the A5 from Miyazaki prefecture, Japan has wagyu competitions and there's a few prefectures who compete the the highest quality but Miyazaki usually wins top prize year after year. 

Anyhow, your A5 is gonna disintegrate in your mouth, it's a crazy experience.   As for the meat it's self, it's very rich so little goes along way.  Price here in Texas I paid $98.00 for 4oz and just recently (last month) I paid $130.00 for the American 8oz (the Japanese was 189.00 for 8oz.  I was not impressed with the American at all.  Very disappointing.  The American did come from a Texas ranch, but I can't remember which. 

It's definitely worth the experience, I hope you pull the trigger in the near future and try the Japanese or both types but at least the Japanese. 

• Like 2
  • Props 1

24 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

isnt the real fatty beef Kobe beef?

Kobe is just a prefecture, they produce high quality A5 as well, but Miyazaki prefecture is the town that consistently wins wagyu competitions.  But yes, both are fatty.  The fat content is what separates the Japanese from the American.  

Speaking of regions. If I remember correctly, Australia has the strain of wagyu too.  No?

I think Schnitzel should absolutely go to outback steakhouse, hell he should bring the whole family and get a little stinking and go off. A little ranting at the corporate chain for the holiday never hurt a darn thing.

Reviewing the thread I see the idea is outback in Aus. which makes no sense so nevermind. 

Also, fuck Anthony Bordain, he merked himself knowing full well his buddy would be the one to find him. I have some sympathy for mental illness but not a lot of tolerance for suicide and find it fucked up the way people on the internet shine on him and Robin Williams. Fuck those dudes doing that shit not only to their friends and family but also in consideration of their places in society. His show went down hill with all his self important judgy bullshit to.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

8 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Not been to Outback steakhouse.

In America are they marketed as australian style?

because I'd wager they would be slightly marketed as American style eating over here

Closest one to me is nearly 1,000 miles away so I can't confirm anything about them.

Yes, hence the Outback name?  Honestly don't know what AUS style food is tho.  Had an AUS restaurant open in NYC and as much as I recall it was burgers and shepherds pie with lamb.  Outback Steakhouse is all over the US and follows the restaurant chain model where you nail a bunch of old license plates and burnt out instruments to the wall and the servers wear suspenders covered in shitty pins like in the movie Office Space.  I would have thought it an American made gimmick but their commercials are weird, like not filmed for the US but shown here.  I guess you guys say your dollarydoos different down there because where we say something like 'that meal costs nineteen ninety nine'  or nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents to convey $19.99, the Outback commercials will say something like 'all this for nineteen dollars ninety nine.'

7 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

I recall anthony Bourdain ranting something to do with it in one of his books..

"No one who orders a Kobe slider wants the unctuous, fatty experience of ordering a Kobe steak," he told Town and Country. "What they want is bragging rights in front of (those) around them so they can all high five. It's part of the 'bro' culture I find troubling."

Big Bourdain fan?  This is the 2nd time recently where I see you randomly pull out a full quote from him to fit the conversation.

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, morton said:

Also, fuck Anthony Bordain, he merked himself knowing full well his buddy would be the one to find him. I have some sympathy for mental illness but not a lot of tolerance for suicide and find it fucked up the way people on the internet shine on him and Robin Williams. Fuck those dudes doing that shit not only to their friends and family but also in consideration of their places in society. His show went down hill with all his self important judgy bullshit to.

Eh... they're celebrated for their lives, not how they ended them

(not a Bourdain fan).

9 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Eh... they're celebrated for their lives, not how they ended them

(not a Bourdain fan).

It is very possible that I am reading it wrong but I get the impression that their is some glamorization of their suicides. 

Take Kurt Cobain from just a decade or so earlier and the reaction was different, like I said I could be reading it wrong but do feel there is something there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LUGR said:

Does he rub the bull juice on the steaks like @wheresciences up his steaks with fish sauce?

You should definitely eat that beef.

Lol you said exactly what i was immediately thinking.

Snow beef because he's slathering it up w/ Japanese cow semen.  Gives a nice char and a unique flavor that nobody can put their finger on.... exclusive only to snow beef.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

40 minutes ago, morton said:

I think Schnitzel should absolutely go to outback steakhouse, hell he should bring the whole family and get a little stinking and go off. A little ranting at the corporate chain for the holiday never hurt a darn thing.

Reviewing the thread I see the idea is outback in Aus. which makes no sense so nevermind. 

No politics .... cough..... but I heard Anthony Bordain knew some shit about some important people..... and they actually merk'd him.  None of us saw what happened and we were all left to believe what the news corps disseminated.

@ndv- what you're describing sounds like the beef version of toro.  Toro melts in your mouth because your body temp is high enough to render/melt the fat in the meat.

o.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, morton said:

Haha. Could you imagine driving 1000 miles to try Outback Steakhouse and then when you get there, it’s Outback.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1