Channel Zero Flashbacks Topic:

skullnbones

Ever drive by a building site and think of that .gif of user Teaser? Yeah that one, on the roof in a yellow helmet swinging a hammer? And then I'm forced to remember him panicking about getting a girl pregnant by blowing in her mouth. That kid used to post his entire life on here.

I also think of user Kries whenever I hear the Coldplay song from his funeral but that's not so funny.

Quick glance at the topic list and there's a few old timers still here. Hi! And, there's a... t shirt?!?!? I've only logged in a hand full of times in the last decade but it's funny how many old users I've met IRL unintentionally.

Hope everybody is well. We can't all be doing as well as Merojuana but hey, that's life.

• Like 6

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm so glad this eventually got some replies. And good ones ahaha. D Hab I can't believe you actually met teazola that is incredible!

I've also had some amusing extreme hammock flash backs, quite a few times.

Forum doesn't seem super active but it's rad to see there are still a few people around.

• Like 2

I missed out on tease - I joined early 2004 but didn't venture into CH.0 until much later.

@skullnbones you should maybe jump into the "what are you doing a decade after 12oz?" thread give us an update. it's interesting to hear how people's lives have gone!

it would be good to have more older members back.

I can't recall where you're from but at the moment it's you me and maybe 3/4 others making up the Aussie contingent..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@stunt double- I missed the webcam thing, can you talk more about that or give me any clues.

Adam's Block.

Some kid in the Tenderloin had a live stream way back in the day. Few people on here thought it would be funny to get in front of it with a sign so we could see ourselves on the interwebz and that kid Adam got all offended. Somehow it turned into some pseudo online / real life battle.

Even made the rounds on media... https://sfist.com/2008/12/12/12oz_prophet_theatens_adams_block/

Yay for the OG destruction league... Good times.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 2

7 hours ago, stunt double said:

The Homo-dungeon thread was amazing...  Also the thread where some members trolled that guy who had the webcam feed of his street in some gnarly neighbourhood in SF. That one got crazy. 

We still have the photos for that thread saved. Hoping one day to loop back and fix some of the broken images to the real old threads. We probably have about 30 - 40% of what's missing. Rest is gone forever since it was the days before we started hosting everything. That said, @Dirty_habiTcan speak to what a massive pain in the dick its been dealing with the massive data set created by years of uploads / attachments. At some point we're going to have to bring back paid VIP's, forum tees and whatever else we can figure out to compel people to help us crowdshare the cost of the site.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, misteraven said:

Adam's Block.

Some kid in the Tenderloin had a live stream way back in the day. Few people on here thought it would be funny to get in front of it with a sign so we could see ourselves on the interwebz and that kid Adam got all offended. Somehow it turned into some pseudo online / real life battle.

Even made the rounds on media... https://sfist.com/2008/12/12/12oz_prophet_theatens_adams_block/

Some good comments from @shai at the bottom of that article 

good times. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

9 hours ago, misteraven said:

Adam's Block.

if I can open photobucket i have a fair few of these images.

that was such a good day because it was friday afternoon in australia and I was at work praying my boss wouldn't come back.

we were all dominating the adamsblock forums in the hours leading up - with people just writing OONtz in every post.

sounds corny but it was pretty cool because 12oz was live and affecting the outside world.

the sign "caligula faps fatties"

Bacon FTW

caligula fapsfatties.png

Edited by Schnitzel
details
  • Like 1

^That was @fat ralphywith the signs.

I randomly sat next to Adam at the bar in 21A during a crowded weekday lunch right after the thread got pulled and his camera shut down. Started talking to him and mentioned I was a forum member on 12oz and brought up the thread. Told him 12oz wasn’t some organized group out to get him. He was tweeting about how “12oz was there at 21A” or something like that.

Edited by LUGR
  • Like 2
  • LOL! 3

Ahahaha destruction league. Far out. Yeah I've found some pretty funny photos from time to time while digging through old hard drives. Even TURBOCAPSLOCK with his giant subway cookie. And a couple of funny ones of  that YG bloods guy that used to post a LOT.  All sorts. Did gliko bash neckface or am I remembering that wrong? There was some serious beef between very active users at times too. Seeking regularly threatening to shoot people X)

Raven I saw you guys made a channel zero t! Very rad. Seemed like a while ago now? Maybe it's romanticized in my memory but I feel like the tight click in CH zero was on a whole other level to the rest of the forums. Cool that the shirt happened but I'd guess a lot of people like myself had already drifted away by the time it was made.

I'll try find this ten years later topic but I'm mostly spending my spare time in here reading through Ravens topic about dropping out of the rat race.

Edited by skullnbones
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, skullnbones said:

Ahahaha destruction league. Far out. Yeah I've found some pretty funny photos from time to time while digging through old hard drives. Even TURBOCAPSLOCK with his giant subway cookie. And a couple of funny ones of  that YG bloods guy that used to post a LOT.  All sorts. Did gliko bash neckface or am I remembering that wrong? There was some serious beef between very active users at times too. Seeking regularly threatening to shoot people X)

Raven I saw you guys made a channel zero t! Very rad. Seemed like a while ago now? Maybe it's romanticized in my memory but I feel like the tight click in CH zero was on a whole other level to the rest of the forums. Cool that the shirt happened but I'd guess a lot of people like myself had already drifted away by the time it was made.

I'll try find this ten years later topic but I'm mostly spending my spare time in here reading through Ravens topic about dropping out of the rat race.

I’m in the process of planning another forum tee. Keep going back and forth between designing a new one and releasing the first one (maybe a long sleeve?) since so many people ask and so many missed that first one. As stated in the forum launch thread, I’m probably going to work up a VIP / Crew tee that’s intended to help kickstart VIP, which in turn helps pay for the costs of running and evolving the forum. 

In any case, welcome back. Please help spread the word. 

• Like 1

@misteraven - copped two of the first release and would cop additional if you reissue

That Adams Block thing was hella fun. 

From what I recall - the issues with the threats was completely unrelated to the Channel Zero trolling. 

A local Bay Area crew - been active the last 20+ years punked Adam. He was moving to narc on some dude who got up in the intersection in front of his webcam - that is where you read about the screen captures and being sent to police. The writer may or may not have gotten the idea from our thread here - who knows. 

• Like 1