Tonight’s debate.

Dark_Knight

Didn’t watch, but find it oddly quiet in social media land. Basically people (or rather the few discussing it) are only talking about the fly that landed on Pence. Apparently Harris had an underwhelming performance if a fly landing on Pence Is the highlight of the debate.

Tragically comical if that’s the big take away. 

• Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
34 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Didn’t watch, but find it oddly quiet in social media land. Basically people (or rather the few discussing it) are only talking about the fly that landed on Pence. Apparently Harris had an underwhelming performance if a fly landing on Pence Is the highlight of the debate.

Tragically comical if that’s the big take away. 

Vice Presidential debates are generally about the issues and no one gives a fuck about the issues, they want emotions baby!

Edited by where
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:36 AM, misteraven said:

Yet, this group isn't presented as violent and rarely even referred to as extreme. Still can't find anything even in the ball park regarding Proud Boys and yet if we go off their description in mainstream media, one would expect to find similar photo and video that would be orders of magnitude worse than this, if we're to go off descriptions and presentation.

There’s plenty of footage and news articles about the Proud Boys and groups like Patriot Prayer being violent. They openly advocate for violence.

One of their most known names in the group, Alan Swinney, was just arrested on 12 charges varying from assault and weapons charges.

https://www.kgw.com/mobile/search?q=Alan+swinney

Another named Tiny was arrested after a group of PBs strolled through Seattle and tried to jump some dude, and largely failed, and it was caught by phone footage. 
https://katu.com/news/local/proud-boy-tiny-toese-arrested-for-probation-violation

He was again arrested 2 months later for probation violations after more footage surfaced of him assaulting people at another protest. 

These are just 2 examples of Proud Boys who openly advocate for violence, and have carried it out. 

The shit is happening on both sides. Each side pointing the finger at each other claiming the others are terrorists and extremists, while their news source of choice feeds the fire. 

• Truth 1

Where the fuck is Tulsi when you need her, god damn I'd like to see a steel cage match between her and Harris. No respect for a Prosecutor/DA destroying countless lives for crimes that may, or may not have had a victim. Personally find it shameful for a state  to have one of the highest incarceration rates, in the highest incarceration rate countries in the world.

On the other side of things, Pence had rona eye and looked evil AF, he also ate at Times Square Olive Garden, a crime that he should be sitting on death row for. That's never forgive action.

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No respect for a Prosecutor/DA destroying countless lives for crimes that may, or may not have had a victim. Personally find it shameful for a state  to have one of the highest incarceration rates, in the highest incarceration rate countries in the world.

Someone i recently conversed with shared a story about Harris smoking up in a mutual friends office while in the height of her AG days prosecuting people for weed crimes. 

Edit: Whether it’s true or not, i believe it. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 2

8 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Someone i recently conversed with shared a story about Harris smoking up in a mutual friends office while in the height of her AG days prosecuting people for weed crimes. 

Edit: Whether it’s true or not, i believe it. 

She was probably listening to Snoop Dog

• LOL! 1

There's also a rumor Harris is not the best politician around, but was born with this extraordinary ability to milk a dick dry in less than 15 seconds, and that's how she got her start in politics. That's why her voice always cracks emotionally when she's on stage, she's not built for this debate shit and after Tulsi she's got PTSD. Public appearance isn't her thing, she's more behind the scenes. She's been providing stress relief for her male superiors her entire career leading up till this moment where that tornado tongue landed her the VP title.

Biden's team knew their beloved Lord Fingerbang would have a hard time holding it down, staying out of trouble without getting caught sniffing children, finger rapin', etc. Getting Harris on their team was sort of their last ditch effort after Elisabeth Warren failed the VP audition and actually bit Biden's pee pee earlier this year. Harris intercepted Biden's wrinkly old rape sausage after the last debate on some "the first one's free" type shit and sucked out that old man's dust nut out before he got in trouble. Since then, they've been inseparable during the campaign, the general public has no Idea how hard she's working to secure the Presidency for the Democrats minus most of June when Harris had a "cold sore" outbreak and took some time off.

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

There's also a rumor Harris is not the best politician around, but was born with this extraordinary ability to milk a dick dry in less than 15 seconds, and that's how she got her start in politics. That's why her voice always cracks emotionally when she's on stage, she's not built for this debate shit and after Tulsi she's got PTSD. Public appearance isn't her thing, she's more behind the scenes. She's been providing stress relief for her male superiors her entire career leading up till this moment where that tornado tongue landed her the VP title.

Biden's team knew their beloved Lord Fingerbang would have a hard time holding it down, staying out of trouble without getting caught sniffing children, finger rapin', etc. Getting Harris on their team was sort of their last ditch effort after Elisabeth Warren failed the VP audition and actually bit Biden's pee pee earlier this year. Harris intercepted Biden's wrinkly old rape sausage after the last debate on some "the first one's free" type shit and sucked out that old man's dust nut out before he got in trouble. Since then, they've been inseparable during the campaign, the general public has no Idea how hard she's working to secure the Presidency for the Democrats minus most of June when Harris had a "cold sore" outbreak and took some time off.

Pee pee lol

• LOL! 1

Yep, browser my social feed and it’s basically the same as what we see here... Nothing much. 

Again, not to get into a polarized and partisan debate, but is it just all out fatigue? No doubt I’ve done been over all the nonsense that is politics (and it’s coverage by MSM as you all know). Or could it be that between social media and what appears to be an all around devolution of society, that we’ve largely lost the ability to scrutinize what was said, investigate the bits that stand out or seemed less than true and have a proper discussion about the merits and criticism of some of the concepts and counter arguments put forth?

Not for nothing, but I’m still basically seeing a lackluster response that seems to really only be centered at that fly on Pence’s head. Because I lived so long in NYC, my feed is largely left leaning friends that have been pretty clear and vocal

about where they sit politically. I saw some lukewarm attempts at pointing out Biden’s qualities, but this time it seems they aren’t even bothering to go through the motions. 

Maybe it’s just me, though I’d like to think I’m pretty unbiased. Or perhaps a better way to put it is equally biased about both clowns running, but it seems to me that very few are genuinely interested cited for Biden / Harris. Only excitement I see is in hating Trump. Fair enough I suppose, but amazing to see how far politics have fallen in general when it’s come to this. 

Perhaps just me misreading things and obviously just speculation but crazy dynamic all around.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, misteraven said:

Again, not to get into a polarized and partisan debate, but 

i mean no one debates anything at these things and that's been the case before this president. that's why trump beat the shit out of the GOP field in 2016, he had a great time doing it too.

most people watching know they're being lied to and plenty of people made up their minds 3+ years ago. 

people are generally stupid and don't want policy debates either; that's part of the reason hillary clinton lost. biden isn't running on policy. trump never ran on policy. who gives a shit about policy? as an example, even democrats saying that the (very credible) end of roe vs wade under amy coney barrett isn't generating outrage outside the folks you'd expect it to enrage.

(i give a shit about policy but i am in the minority) 

the format is bad. i guess something like joe rogan's sprawling interviews aren't bad for dialogue between a host and a candidate but you won't get him challenging anything there. now people don't like views to be challenged period so maybe that's what they want 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good thing I didn't waste a bunch of money going to college for a useless degree that won't pay for itself. Now I can just be forced by my government to pay for someone else's useless degree. So at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.

They're gonna spend the money on bombs anyway

• Truth 1

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good thing I didn't waste a bunch of money going to college for a useless degree that won't pay for itself. Now I can just be forced by my government to pay for someone else's useless degree. So at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Maybe you wont be pating off other peoples bullshit for much longer.

Heres an exciting little ditty I just read earlier

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/economy/deficit-debt-pandemic-cbo/index.html

Been studying videos of Joe Biden, Jill keeps his ass from violating social distancing/rona. End of debate, famous body language moment Jill gives Joe victory hug, Trump gives Melania I'll get em next time arm pat Liberals like to highlight. Right after the clip, Joe's dumb ass goes up to the moderator to thank him for throwing Trump off, and violates social distance, but he almost has to drag Jill into that foul, moderator tells him "fuck off joe, no sniffs" off the mic.

There's another video of them outdoors, he's got no mask and she pulls him back away from the people he's instinctually trying to shake hands with like a normal campaign where he sniffs people all day.

This social distancing thing might be preventing clips of Joe sniffing women, and babies. He's being prevented from violating personal space and post rona clips of him making people uncomfortable aren't circulating throughout the internet, and MSM like they would under normal circumstances. Another way rona is effecting the 2020 election. Between his wife playing wet nurse, and Harris keeping him stress free he's got a pretty effective campaign team.

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

I don't understand this. We have grants available already, you can get a bachelor's for a very reduced amount if you put the work in to apply for the grants. Just giving everyone free college is going to turn a bachelor's degree into the new high school diploma and it'll mean nothing. Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kalashnikov said:

I don't understand this. We have grants available already, you can get a bachelor's for a very reduced amount if you put the work in to apply for the grants. Just giving everyone free college is going to turn a bachelor's degree into the new high school diploma and it'll mean nothing. Am I missing something here?

It's simple economics, if the degree isn't able to pay for itself it's a poor investment. You might think a person who get's any type of degree is better off, so why does my blue collar ass, who's supposedly worse off need to pay for someone else's degree.

Like did they pay for my Makita drill with dust extractor so I could earn more money? No, because that's stupid I should pay for my own tools. There's no logic behind me paying for their's, especially if it's not making them more money.

College degrees used to be a rare commodity before we all decided everyone should have a degree, now, since practically everyone does there's no shortage of people with degrees. The supply, is simply unbalanced with the demand, why fight the laws of basic economics and in an attempt to throw it off even more? Not a very smart move IMO but what do I know I don't have a useless degree.

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Been studying videos of Joe Biden, Jill keeps his ass from violating social distancing/rona. End of debate, famous body language moment Jill gives Joe victory hug, Trump gives Melania I'll get em next time arm pat Liberals like to highlight. Right after the clip, Joe's dumb ass goes up to the moderator to thank him for throwing Trump off, and violates social distance, but he almost has to drag Jill into that foul, moderator tells him "fuck off joe, no sniffs" off the mic.

There's another video of them outdoors, he's got no mask and she pulls him back away from the people he's instinctually trying to shake hands with like a normal campaign where he sniffs people all day.

This social distancing thing might be preventing clips of Joe sniffing women, and babies. He's being prevented from violating personal space and post rona clips of him making people uncomfortable aren't circulating throughout the internet, and MSM like they would under normal circumstances. Another way rona is effecting the 2020 election. Between his wife playing wet nurse, and Harris keeping him stress free he's got a pretty effective campaign team.

Definitely a connoisseur of hair smells. He does it to remind himself what humans smell like everyday when he wakes up from the vat of Crispr plasma they use to keep him cognitive. 

Edited by where
  • LOL! 1

I think you can simplify this further by highlighting a key part of @Mercer‘s reply. 

Supply and demand. 

If something is common to the point of being ubiquitous, it’s no longer exceptional but the norm. As such, it no longer has the value you would see from something that is exceptional. 

————

If reality was some Star Trek like utopia, in which money no longer has meaning and we can ensure everyone could chase whatever level of education they can wrap their brains around, then yeah... makes sense. In our real world, the practical application of that is a dumb idea, unless collectively, we’re all cool with footing the bill for everyone else to chase their intellectual pipe dreams. And then we’re also cool with the idea that having a degree earns you nothing extra since it’s expected now that everyone gets free college. 

the "free college!" thing, as presented, is a nonstarter to me. in principle it's good, and i am 100% for supporting people going to school. other countries have it figured out. i took out, and paid back, $50k+ in loans on my own. 

but american universities have an out-of-control cost problem that's unique to us. no free college proposal i've seen wrestles with the expense of higher education, the cost of which has outpaced nearly every other economic index for 20-30 years. the *reasons* for this cost increase, well, pick one—the amenities arms race and associated maintenance costs, greatly expanded college administrations and staffs, and the ludicrous amount spent on sports are all good examples. 

and the value of a degree is way down! that's in part because of scam colleges and universities [heres my trump university degree] but also because of how many people have one now. the case for getting a degree is still strong vis-a-via not having one but as others have pointed out there's a great case for trade school. skilled tradespeople and those jobs get well into the six figures once you're experienced, take overtime, or start your own company. 

it is insane that we'd just shunt this expensive, underperforming system onto the federal balance sheet [well, maybe not, we have the F-35, after all]. but colleges would totally accept this if it meant no change to the underlying structure or its profitability. 

it's emblematic of broader liberal failure to confront bloated, comfortable and antiquated structures that are most workable and profitable to people who write checks to the democratic party. taking an ice pick to higher education is 100% what needs to happen if we're going to socialize it, but that's politically poisonous, so democrats won't. it's the affordable care act for universities: we just subsidize rent seeking industries, not attack any of the cost centers. fuck that. 

[thermonuclear take: this is also why any reparations bill that does not attempt to dismantle structures that perpetuate systemic racism is born to fail. but wealthy democrats will vote for it while continuing to block new low-income housing in their zip codes] 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne

2 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

the "free college!" thing, as presented, is a nonstarter to me. in principle it's good, and i am 100% for supporting people going to school. other countries have it figured out. i took out, and paid back, $50k+ in loans on my own. 

but american universities have an out-of-control cost problem that's unique to us. no free college proposal i've seen wrestles with the expense of higher education, the cost of which has outpaced nearly every other economic index for 20-30 years. the *reasons* for this cost increase, well, pick one—the amenities arms race and associated maintenance costs, greatly expanded college administrations and staffs, and the ludicrous amount spent on sports are all good examples. 

and the value of a degree is way down! that's in part because of scam colleges and universities [heres my trump university degree] but also because of how many people have one now. the case for getting a degree is still strong vis-a-via not having one but as others have pointed out there's a great case for trade school. skilled tradespeople and those jobs get well into the six figures once you're experienced, take overtime, or start your own company. 

it is insane that we'd just shunt this expensive, underperforming system onto the federal balance sheet. but colleges would totally accept this if it meant no change to the underlying structure or its profitability. 

it's emblematic of broader liberal failure to confront bloated, comfortable and antiquated structures that are most workable and profitable to people who write checks to the democratic party. taking an ice pick to higher education is 100% what needs to happen if we're going to socialize it, but that's politically poisonous, so democrats won't. it's the affordable care act for universities: we just subsidize rent seeking industries, not attack any of the cost centers. fuck that. 

[thermonuclear take: this is also why any reparations bill that does not attempt to dismantle structures that perpetuate systemic racism is born to fail. but wealthy democrats will vote for it while continuing to block new low-income housing in their zip codes] 

Many great points. Agree with all of it myself except the bit that case for getting a degree is strong.

It’s been shown repeatedly at this point that on average the degree, over the course of the average professional career, rarely pays back its cost in the difference of earnings against an individual without a degree. Fact is, once your foot is in the door, career advancement and the compensation that goes with it, is most often tied to performance. Theoretically we could argue a person with a degree should perform better, but that really only holds true at the beginning of it. 

Seems social stigma, more than anything else, drives kids to go to college despite the notable debt and difficulties for them and their parents to foot that bill. Colleges have done an awesome job of engineering that and with help from the government have created a pretty great racket. Now it’s on the verge of caving in on itself so we see the mad dash to flip it by just agreeing we’ll all pay for it rather then the usual hoops of going severely into debt and adding to all the defaults. That way they can keep the racket running just a little longer. 

In many cases It’s fucking laziness. “I don’t know what I want to do but I’ll go to school to figure it out (instead of being productive/contributing continue leaching 4 to 8 more years)”. Next thing you know, “I’m not paying this back, that blue collar worker there, we can just add it on to his taxes”.

• Truth 1