Guest Resurrection

According to John Porcaro, a global marketing rep for Microsoft, the first new way to enter the beta will be following the "rule of 3". Beginning midnight (EST) on February 1, and ending at 11:59 PM February 3, the first 13,333 people to play three hours of Halo 2 over XBL and register online at Halo3.com will be eligible for the beta program that opens up some time this spring.

As an alternate method, initial copies of Microsoft's first-party Xbox 360 game Crackdown will be specially marked, indicating the inclusion of an invite to the Halo 3 beta, which will allow them to download the beta program from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Crackdown will be available in the US on February 20, at a price of $60.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/01/03/microsoft_halo3_beta/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's also because you live in Puerto Rico and most of the servers you are playing on are located in the states. For instance, I live in Boston and if I play on a server in the northeast, I'll get under 100 milliseconds of lag, if I play on a Chicago server, I'll get a little over 100 milliseconds, and if I play on a California server I'll get nearly 150 milliseconds of lag.

See, but this is the thing... when I played with my trial version, I played random ranked games with people in the states. No lag, no problem. I got fucked up cause I sucked.

Now I got my paid subscription, and have been playing with friends and co-workers FROM Puerto Rico, so the servers are here, and I get Laggy McLagfest. It gets a little better sometimes, but this is about as good as it gets:

GoW_Shotgun3.gif

It's about 3-4 times worse than that usually.

Two new GoW maps are released for free on wednesday, along with a patch:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480

• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress

• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM

• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match

• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer

• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance

• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues

• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons

• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone

• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser

• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches

• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)

• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points

• Added additional cheat detection code

• Additional housekeeping updates

screens_gow_map_01.jpg

screens_gow_map_02.jpg

screens_gow_map_03.jpg

screens_gow_map_04.jpg

^^^^^^

Sucky ass grenade tags!!!!!

If anyone is a fan of Geometry Wars, here is the best of the best.

K4rn4ge GeoWars 10x Multiplier No Bombs

This motherfucker has the top score of 360,000,000 something, which if any of you have ever played it, is fucking BANANAS. I peak at 100,000 so far.

Still getting my ass kicked at MK3, though I'm about 50 percent now.

Problem is people are laying down shit like this

Robot Smoke Big Damage Punisher 9 hit 63%

UMK3 Ermac Midscreen 100% Combo

(asshole, who the fuck plays as ermac anyways...)

I almost want to get a retro arcade stick for this game because the buttons are too close to mash appropriately.