Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I JUST TRIED PLAYING RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN ON PS3 AND THE SHIT IS NOT GETTING ME HYPE. I CAN REALLY ONLY FUCK WITH GAMES LIKE THIS WHEN THERES 12 NIGGAS IN MY HOUSE AND EVERYONE IS ZOOTED. GROUPS OF 5+ ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY MADDEN IN MY CRIB AS IT CAUSES RIOTS. ID RATHER LISTEN TO QUES FREESTYLE SUCH GEMS AS "NIGGA BETTER HOPE HE GET A KEVLAR MASK FOR CHRISTMAS" AND "ILL SHOOT A HOLE THRU THE BIBLE" HOLLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! YO THE OTHER DAY I WAS CRAAAAAAZY DUSTED AND MY NIGGA K TOOK ME TO HIS BROTHERS HOUSE AND THE NIGGA HAD A XBOX WITH LIKE 5780074 GAMES ON THE HARDDRIVE, HOW DO YOU DO THIS AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? LETTANIGGAKNOOOOOO

I've actually only got about 20-30 hours into that game and it feels like I've accomplished absolutely nothing, even though I've done a LOT of shit. Oblivion might be a game that's way too expansive for it's own good, at least for me. I just get this sense of futility after I've been playing for three hours straight and I'm still in the same town talking to people or killing a wolf that came up to eat my horse.

It's because you have probably accomplished just about nothing. Try joining the Fighter's Guild if you haven't already, and just run through their quests straight through. You'll start levelling up quickly and getting more powerful, plus getting shit-tons of cash. If you're a magic-based character, join the Mage's Guild first. I went like this: Fighters Guild ---> Theives Guild ---> Arena --> Mages Guild before I really did anything else other than a few side quests and up to joining the Blades in the main quest. It's a very open-ended, "sandbox" type of game with lots and lots of side-quests that are generally unrelated to each other. It's all a matter of whether or not you're into that, or you want a straight-forward, single mission RPG.

Definitly buy a house, get the one in Anvil once you save up $5,000. You have to beat a ton of ghosts and a lich to get it plus chase some dude around a bit between towns but it's totally worth it in the end and comes fully-furnished. You can store stuff in there permanently, like good weapons you don't want to sell and alchemy gear and items. At this point I've got a house in every town and just about 800,000 gold saved up to buy absolutely nothing that would make a dent. Now I just run around and close random Oblivion Gates to get the stones that enchant armor and level up so I can make my fighter also be a super-duper-mage. I also started doing the Dark Brotherhood quests.

There's also one expansion that's downloadable and another coming that adds a new realm about 25% the size of the main map with an estimated 20-30 hours of extra gameplay.

Whether it's better than Baldur's Gate II? Dunno, I haven't played that one, but I think it's sort of a different type of game. There's also a new Might and Magic game coming out that looks intense.

It's because you have probably accomplished just about nothing. Try joining the Fighter's Guild if you haven't already, and just run through their quests straight through.

Yeah, I'm pretty much fully aware of what I CAN do to make things quicker, but I have this kind of game OCD where I simply HAVE to talk to EVERYONE in town and search EVERY fucking barrel in EVERY basement and go into EVERY single dungeon I find on the way somewhere and search EVERY room, or else I get this horrible feeling that I'm missing out on something very important and/or awesome. And it just takes forever, doing a little bit of this quest here and a little bit of that quest there. I gotta hop out of that mindset and take em on one by one.

Yeah, I'm pretty much fully aware of what I CAN do to make things quicker, but I have this kind of game OCD where I simply HAVE to talk to EVERYONE in town and search EVERY fucking barrel in EVERY basement and go into EVERY single dungeon I find on the way somewhere and search EVERY room, or else I get this horrible feeling that I'm missing out on something very important and/or awesome. And it just takes forever, doing a little bit of this quest here and a little bit of that quest there. I gotta hop out of that mindset and take em on one by one.

Yup, I know what you mean. I'm definitly the same way, I've heard the same goddamn'd "Rumors" now for the equivalent of about a year and a half in that game, just because the words are yellow. You just have to put that aside for the time being and level up a bit. Once I got started on the guild quests they took my full attention. The first couple of missions in the Theives and Fighter's Guild's are lame, but they get better. Plus the loot gets better.

But my GF is hooked on Viva Pinata now, fuckin' A. All of a sudden she's gone from "stop playing that stupid game, already" to "but, but, but I wanna play MY game!"

Yeah, you're right, I just saw you on. Thing is that pretty much every time I log on to play GoW, it's to play with some coworkers and other people from PR, just a small group that always plays together. Every once in a while we do have spots available so I'll let you know if you're down to join. This hasn't happened in a while though, you can ask Spitfire.

^i got time crisis zone. i don't really like it. guess cause it's a machine gun theme. i like the single shot feel. also if you got an lcd screen the gun won't work. i had to order some shit from hong kong and had to hook up these sensors with the gun and shit.

but damn that shit only took 2 days coming from hong kong

Just downloaded Crisis Zone today and we all hate it. 2 and 3 seems to be where it's at. An dya, i know about the LCD/CRT screen thing, i was trying to get my gun workign on my pc for flash games and shit, but it can't be done without modding the controller or havign a TV hooked up to your pc.

Also, just downloaded God of War...man i seem to be sleeping on tons of games!

Let's do some PSP bashing (this article is a bit old):

After years of experience, experimenting, reading and listening to others I was not surprised that Sony’s newest creation the PSP is a horrible piece of crap. What does having to produce thirteen revisions of the original Playstation Two have to tell you about the quality of their products. If you’re a tech guru or have the slightest bit of common sense you most likely already know Sony had long made itself a name of producing the most defective electronic equipment on earth.

I know this small article will most likely piss of Sony fanboys or people who’ve just purchased a PSP that think “This is the best thing ever,” but time will show just how good PSPs really are. It’s funny that you can barely find a working V3 PS2, but can still dust off your old Atari, Nintendo or Sega CD and boot games just fine. So what’s the deal?

It’s really simple. The hardware Sony uses to produce their electronic equipment is crap. So here’s my take on the PSP.

The main issue people try to ignore or talk down is the major one plaguing the majority of PSPs which are the dead and/or stuck pixels in the LCD screen. Most people are like “I don’t mind,” but after spending a few hundred dollars on something and find it comes with dead pixels really did not impress me at all. Hell, I’ve still got an old LCD from a car produced back in 1999 that has not one dead pixel. If you’d like a better view on the dead pixel issue try talking to a manager at Best Buy or EB Games and I’m sure they will give you a good ten minute lecture on how bad the screen sucks and how many returns they get. What’s the deal?

Overheating is a common issue as you will notice after only fifteen minutes of play the PSP gets really hot and you start sweating which makes you lose your grip and leads to bad things such as wrist pains and in the long run carpel tunnel syndrome.

Going along the lines stated above the unit itself is oddly shaped and after talking with various doctors have come to realize the shape and size of the unit will lead to issues in your hands and arms.

Moreover the battery life on the unit is a joke; so unless you’re planning on having a backpack with a car battery in it I would forget about being able to use it on long trips. Good portable unit, eh?

The last thing I would like to mention is the lack of support you will receive from Sony when you try to get a replacement unit. I’ve gathered a “common experience” from many forum posts and please, by all means, call them and see for yourself. I did and wasn’t surprised at all.

(1) Call their Custom Support Line

(2) Navigate through their automated phone line until you find the hidden *talk to a real person* feature (note they change the combination weekly so don’t bother writing it down)

(3) Once you’ve found the feature make sure you’ve got your portable phone fully charged or have a good speakerphone as you’re going to have to wait 1-2 hrs to speak with someone

(4) When you finally get someone on the phone they are going to try to talk you out of returning the unit no matter how many dead pixels you have even though their warranty clearly states if you have 5 you can return it

(5) If you manage to talk your way into getting your PSP fixed or replaced you are going to have to part with it for a while as after you pay to have it shipped to them it’s going to take 4-6 weeks to get a return and if the issue is serious or they claim you caused the damage you’re going to have to cover parts and labor before it is returned to you and of course you will also have to pay for return shipping.

All I know is if/when I decide to send them my PSP with over 30 dead pixels it’s not going to come they way they want it, but look something like the below image. At any rate; SONY SUCKS!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Page 13 of the PSP manual puts it this way: "Red, blue, or green spots (bright spots) or black spots (dark spots) may appear in certain locations on the LCD screen. The appearance of such spots is a normal occurrence associated with LCD screens and not a sign of malfunction. LCD screens are made using highly precise technology. However, a very small number of dark pixels or continuously lit pixels exist on each screen." The manual also warns against exposing the LCD screen to direct sunlight and leaving still images on the screen for an extended period of time, as both could damage the display."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/0...ws_6121092.html

------------------------------------------

Hahahah, we shall see how well they ride out the PS3 and what kinds of hardware issues are in store for them.