Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Fuck, I wish I had read about that Best Buy thing yesterday.

Theo, how'd you get Crackdown for 6 bucks? I think I'm gonna get it tommorrow.

well you know how at EBGames you can just trade in games for store credit or cash. I brought like 4 old XBox games, a PS2 game, and a very shitty Xbox 360 game, and crackdown came out to $6.

but yeah, it's a good game. plus you get to download the halo 3 beta for free (it's not available yet but will be soon). it's like GTA/Saints Row meets Halo but you play as a cop/agent

Quite frankly Mams, i don't believe you.

Hahahaha, wow. I really didn't think this game was that hard. I would literally breeze through the first 3 levels (I could finish the first one in less than 5 seconds), have a bit of a hard time on the 4th with the hammers at the end, recuperate a bit earning time in the upside-down 5th level, then fucking blow it all in the freaking impossible last level. Right at the very end, the trail had "travelling" gaps that'd make you fall through if you didn't move at just the right speed along it. And it had patches of ice in it to boot. I had practiced to near perfection just so I could reach that last section with at least 20 seconds to spare, and never managed to finish it.

In case you were wondering what they look like.

Awesome!! That was almost like watching myself play, with the screen barely scrolling down in time, although my quality went down considerably from the 4th level onwards. I could do the first one a full second quicker though!

What pisses me off is that I just saw the trick to crossing the travelling gap part... it's waiting for a second in the first corner for the pattern to catch up. I always went for broke like a madman.

I bought Crackdown today and haven't played it yet. I should do that now.

Now that I've seen the screens, I realize I've actually made it to level 2.

Mams: Shit, I'm about to go try out Crackdown as well, I hope it doesn't fuck my shit up. The red circle of death means you are fucked. Plan out a day to either mail it to Microsuck or if you bought it at a place that gave you a store warrenty plan out a day to bring it there for an exchange. I'm glad that I bought my 360 at Best Buy, originally--that was during the shortage and they happened to have two left on the day of the shipment. Because I bought the 2-year warrenty for $40, I was able to return it when GRAW gave me the red circle of death and only had to pay for another warrenty, AND got to walk out of the store on the same day. That happened twice, I'm on my third 360, now. I say "only $40" because Microsoft gives you a 30-day warrenty (although I believe this may have changed) and I would have had to pay 90 dollars for them to "repair" it.

It'll be interesting to see the PS3 version of the red circle of death.

The circle generally comes from a failed disk drive, and unless you have a memory card that backed up your files you are probably fucked. You can ask the guys at the store where you bought it if you can hold onto the drive, if you can get an exchange there, or if you send it to Microsoft ask them if they can save your files. But with a small percentage of 360s, certain games can corrupt the hard-drive with the first save file and that in turn triggers a bug in that small percentage of 360s that permantly fries it.

Yeah, shit's pretty much fucked. I thought it was a fucked up DVD drive cause it seemed to run fine off the hard drive, but I just tried it out and got about 5 minutes of game time on some demo before it froze. It only gets the 3 red lights if I start it up with a game already inside.

I got the $40 warranty from EB Games, hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to exchange it.