Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i remember duke nukem 3d seemed top-of-the-line in graphics when it came out. prey reminds me of it with some of the commentary, etc.

Yeah, I remember that too, then Quake came out with true-3D graphics and Duke3d was yesterday's news. But some aspects of the Duke3d engine (BUILD) were still ahead of Quake, such as the "earthquake" effect where floor levels fluctuated and the shrink effect from the shrink-gun.

But playing it now, it's easy to see why Quake blew it out of the water; it's got the classic syndrome of sprites where they follow you around the room so that you can never see what's on the other side of the sprite. Like if you kill a dude and the corpse is on the ground, you will always see the same view of the corpse. Even if you go around it, you will never see the back. It's particularily funny when you look up and one of the enemies is flying around above you and he looks flatter than a pancake because of the 2-D sprites.

Duke3d Deathmatch was still awesome, definitly not as hardcore as Quake1's DM and it didn't have the longevity or the ability to play over the net, but it was still a blast pwning people with pipebombs, freezeguns, shrink rays, and those hyped-up double-quad barrel mini-rocket launchers. AND TRIP MINES!

DOOM is available on X-Box Live?!?! And maybe, just maybe Duke 3D!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68307

03/10/06 07:17

3D Realms has responded to gamers petitioning it to release Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade by claiming Microsoft is "fairly picky" about titles it allows on the service.

"You'd be surprised what they've turned down," webmaster Joe Siegler said on the 3DR forum. "Don't just assume MS will want it just because you like it, and it's popular. Hate to sound defeatist, but it's not as easy as 'send it to Microsoft and get it on there'. It's a rather complicated procedure, and MS is fairly picky about what goes on there."

"As I said above, we've already talked about it ourselves. I talked about this yesterday with George [broussard], he's all up for the idea, but we don't have the time to do the port ourselves, plus there's the issue of whether Microsoft would really want it," he continued.

"Don't just assume they would, there's a big submissions procedure to go through. Plus their release schedule is booked solid for quite awhile now, even if we delivered it to them today, I would imagine it wouldn't come out for a while anyway."

The petition arose after id Software's Doom, another classic PC first-person shooter, appeared on Xbox Live Arcade during X06 last week.

That's funny, i'm about to upload the sequel to this. Never even knew about it before hand either. Maybe i should burn it and try it out?

It was the shit in 95, I dont know how well it holds up by todays standards...I'd definitely give it a shot, it's a weird ass game.

That Robbit is a jumpin' motherfucker. :lol:

nesramboboxea4.jpg

Never play them.

i played this rambo when it came out. i don't even know how old i was. real little. and even then i was wondering what the fuck this has to do with the movie. in that game you were going around fighting bugs and spiders. and there were these little tele-portals that you'd jump to different areas with. i don't even remember if you even had a gun in that game.