***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

im excited for the philly series, should be good. Lincecum is struggling to get into form so that makes it more interesting.

As far as Cain goes, he deserves all that and more, dude has been a work horse for years. No doubt our most consistent overall IMO

This. Cain is the fucking man. Went to the game yesterday, too bad we lost but fuck did it feel good just to be there! I missed my team, so stoked baseball is back. Wish I could go to the game tonight should be a good one. Go Timmy!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN TIMMY'S DE-FENCE, ANGEL PAGAN WAS PLAYING REAL DEEP ON THOSE TWO HITS TO CENTER, THE FIRST WAS BETWEEN CENTER AND RIGHT, IT DROPPED, THATS PAGANS RESPONSIBILITY, THEN HE'S SITTING ON THE WALL WITH VIC UP? AND HE DROPS A SHALLOW BLOOPER... ALSO NIX ON SECOND MOVES TO THIRD BECAUSE PANDA DIDNT DO A SIMPLE LOOK BACK... HE NEVER CAME HOME BUT UN-NECESSARILY ON 3RD, A HIT OR EVEN A WILD PITCH WOULDA BROUGHT HIM IN... TIMMY'S THROWING THE BALL, BUT HIS DEFENSE AINT HELPING... ON 1ST INNING...

WOW white sox bullpen just blew the fuck up. what should have been a win just turned into a 10-4 blowout. the bullpen just gave up 8 runs in 2 innings of work, i hope this opens up their eyes and they come back tomorrow with some fight in 'em. the errors didn't help the casue either, but damn a grand slam. what a disheartening loss for the whitesox

WOW white sox bullpen just blew the fuck up. what should have been a win just turned into a 10-4 blowout. the bullpen just gave up 8 runs in 2 innings of work, i hope this opens up their eyes and they come back tomorrow with some fight in 'em. the errors didn't help the casue either, but damn a grand slam. what a disheartening loss for the whitesox

That was un-fucking-acceptable. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Santiago comes in to close

and gives up back to back solos, with 2 fucking outs, to send the game to the tenth?!?!?!

Then it really got ugly.

Pitching staff needed an ass-chewing after that shit.

doc with a hit an RBI

timmy with a sac and rbi...

9 hits vs 8 hits... difference was pitching and defense...

timmy has lost velocity, that happens, especially as a guy who has made a career off throwing off speed stuff, over time your muscle memory adjusts to the idea of offspeed... at one point his whole game was location of two pitches, a 94-95 mphr fast ball and a 84-85 mphr sinker/changeup... he was impossible to hit... but as time goes on you risk a loss of velocity if you throw too much off speed stuff and it looks like thats whats happening... his fastball is on average 90 mphr now... which he can get away with, except he's not locating it good whatsoever, so his offspeed stuff is not keeping hitters off balance...

• Like 1

halladay was just too much for us. plus angel pagan blows a fly to center, 4 runs in the first is hard to come back from. seriously halladay is a killer he even look like he is nuts when they show him in the dugout, dude zones out.

bumgarner today, hopefully on a high from his contract agreement announced yesterday.

doc n timmy r both 2 time cy young winners, a head to head matchup under those parameters has not occurred for sometime in baseball... it was set to be a great pitching duel...

moving on to tonight.

BIG JOE!

has had a good spring and it's translating into the regular season.

hope he came to play tonight.

Not doom and gloom on my end. Just realistic. I'm still watching every game and still enjoying it thoroughly, but I'm not gonna pretend the Twins are gonna be competitive this year. I'm hoping for .500 record, but our pitching staff is pretty fucking bad.

An another note, is there any fucking pitch location that Cano can't hit?

game last night was anyones to take, blanton wasn't sharp and the giants capitalized.

bumgardner wasn't sharp and the phillies didn't, had plenty of base runners, at one point had them loaded with no outs...

looking forward to tonights cain/lee matchup!

also looks like SF has a solid backend pitching staff, is there a successor to close or will it be a competition now that the beard is gone?

No ones hitting the panic switch you pussy.

As Chupa said, Im just being realistic.

I go into every season thinking my team will win the Superbowl/World series.

Baseball is like a... hmm I guess you say a hobby to a passion?

When I dont have football, which is 100x better IMO baseball is something

to watch casually, scream at the TV and drink a few beers.

I dont take this shit seriously anymore

game last night was anyones to take, blanton wasn't sharp and the giants capitalized.

bumgardner wasn't sharp and the phillies didn't, had plenty of base runners, at one point had them loaded with no outs...

looking forward to tonights cain/lee matchup!

also looks like SF has a solid backend pitching staff, is there a successor to close or will it be a competition now that the beard is gone?

it will be a comittee of closers, basically use the pen as they see fit, although romo and casilla will be relied on pretty heavily.

cain is dialed in right now, this is going to come down to him vs. lee

/obviousoner