***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Twins are absolutely atrocious, but it was still a very nice no hitter by Weaver. Only one walk and one passed ball, advanced to first on a strikeout.

I'm still laughing about the fact that we have 13 pitchers and 3 catchers on our 25man roster, and no one who can backup 2nd, SS or 3rd in any sort of reasonable manner (since Trevor Plouffe is fucking terrible everywhere). And our OF backups are Plouffe again and Clete Thomas, who is also garbage. And I guess Doumit and Parmelee count as OF backups too, since Gardy has such a love affair with never playing the same lineup and trying to make players play 2 and 3 and 4 positions every single week. I don't think we've seen a repeat lineup yet this season, in 24 games, since clearly the never-ending shuffle worked so well for us last year.

I tried to stay relatively positive for the season, but it's beyond bad. Our starters combined ERA is currently 7.25 and it would not surprise me in the least if we lose over 100 games this season. To make it even worse, we don't have a single starting pitcher in the minors with any real major league potential in the next few years. And no way we're going to try to sign any impact players with this bad of a team. Infact, we're probably going to dump a lot of players who are playing decently come mid season.

Danks has got to go, and we need to get a manager who will bench guys when they continuiously blow games time after time.

Dude wants to have a top 5 picthers contract, then has back to back 7 run starts?

The batting finally picked back up and if we had anyone else but that fucking bum on the mound it would of been a win.

2-5 out of 7 home games... jesus fuckign christ even if I lived in Chicago I wouldnt go to the games.

Just another reason football is better, if you start costing your team wins your ass gets put on the bench. I need to take a look at our farm guys, hopefully there is someone who can step up and reliver that son of a bitch.

On the only positive note I got other then some good hitting last night is Peavy winning the April player/pitcher some kind of award, it would seem hes found some form which is good.

Hopefully we do better on the road than we have at home, I feel sorry for the Chi faithful who go out and have to stomach those games.

All I can say is holy fucking god.

Can it get any worse?

Its just funny to have a team who NEVER does one god damn thing right, es comico.

The pitching is solid, the bats go cold. The bats start hitting and the closing pitching goes to shit.

Next season fire every scrub on this team and start from scratch, except Paulie can stay.

Thats it.

I swear I dont come in here just to bitch, its just that the Sox are so fucking pathetic thats really all you can do.

Not once are they ever on the side to do heroics, they're always the team to make other teams look good.

Last night's loss got a change in our closer's role for now.

Sale is moving out of starting rotation. As much as I hate that, the Sox need to baby that kid's arm.

He can close. Thorton is a glorified set-up man. Any more than 3 batters and he's toast.

We gotta be up by 4+ for him to command the game.

As far as offense, Brent Morel has got to go. My boy Lillibridge is ready.

Everyone else is fine so it should only get better as it gets warmer.

Giving away too many games.

Oh, that Phillies/Nats series is awesome. That's some fun baseball going on.

Bryce Harper is the future of baseball.

naw I honestly feel like its kind of stupid for hamels to open his mouth after the game. some stuff is understood and just doesn't need to be put out there in the media. because now mlb/owners/etc have to chime in and everybody has to drop two cents and it becomes some other bullshit.

obviously washington knew hamels hit harper on purpose, it was understood because they went and hit him right back. so it's done. he comes out and is like "yeah i did that on purpose, i play tough baseball" and now he might get suspended and blah blah blah. i mean i agree about keeping the game tough, but let your actions speak for you.

Weaver vs Twins rematch tonight. And we got our boy Frankie Liriano out there to throw some BP to the Angels. 9.97 ERA, 5 games, 21 innings (4.2 innings per game!), 2.22 WHIP, opponents hitting .360 against him. Looking good!

It'll be a miracle if this team gets to 20 wins before 50 losses.

Guy throws a perfect game, then gets pulled after 2 and a half innings of pitching?

In fact, since the perfect game at Safeco Field, Humber has allowed 20 earned runs on 21 hits over 13 1/3 innings, covering three starts. He has fanned 11 and walked 11 in that stretch.

Funny thing is after every game, or pretty much after every lose which is the same thing these guys talk about how they're still confident and yada yada yada.

Beisbol is a team sport, but when scrubs like this guy(perfect game was a fluke) and danks keep handing up 5 run innings at a pop, theres no way our offense is going to be able to carry that.

The thing that is getting me the most isn't players underperforming, it's the fact that our entire system - the FO, managers, coaches, training staff, the whole fucking thing - is broken. Yeah, a lot of our players are underperforming too, but the whole system is fubar as it stands. We let kids rot in the minor, then we call them up and try to make them play every single position. We shuffle the lineup every night. We keep signing the exact same "pitch to contact" pitchers, even though it clearly hasn't been working. Our trainers misdiagnose and mistreat injuries. Our hitting coach ruins batters. We cut payroll 2 fucking years after we get a new stadium (and I'd bet my savings account that it gets cut again next year after we dump all of our veteran players).

I was all excited for baseball during the offseason and spring training, but there's only so many times i can stay excited watching us give up 3 and 4 and 5 runs in the first inning and trying to play catch up against actual major league pitchers (or pitchers who shouldn't really be in the majors but are still twice as good as our starters). I'm still watching when I'm at home and a game is on, but ain't a goddamn thing going to change until they gut our entire operation and get some people in there who know how to coach and manage and sign players and all the things that they're supposed to be doing.

Well id say that the hite Sox might not be THAT broken but we have alot of issues, alot.

Ours is more around clutch play, and guys being too hot and cold.

Look at Dunn, last year dude was like a guarenteed 3 outs a game, and latley hes been the only one on the squad who can fucking hit.

Then we have the best starting rotation in the AL through april, then May rolls around and everyone's falling apart. Our guys are giving up 6-7 earned runs an outing, back to back even.

I dont know what the answer is, but like you said how can you even fake to be excited when its just painful to watch.

Yeah, Twins play in the clutch has been real bad too. On the nights where we are hitting, we're stranding endless amounts of players on base. I don't know the actual amount, but I'm pretty sure I've seen us leave the bases loaded like 10 times already this season.

Oh well, enough bitching. Fucking lulz at Hamels talking about how he's "old school" because he beaned Harper for being new in the majors. Rizzo tore him apart with, "No one has ever accused Cole Hamels of being old school." I laughed.

Well id say that the hite Sox might not be THAT broken but we have alot of issues, alot.

Ours is more around clutch play, and guys being too hot and cold.

Look at Dunn, last year dude was like a guarenteed 3 outs a game, and latley hes been the only one on the squad who can fucking hit. (WHAT???)

Then we have the best starting rotation in the AL through april, then May rolls around and everyone's falling apart. Our guys are giving up 6-7 earned runs an outing, back to back even.

I dont know what the answer is, but like you said how can you even fake to be excited when its just painful to watch.

Eastwood, Humber and Danks aside, our closer(s) are the problem. Our bats are good, minus Brent

Morel and a slightly better Beckham, and will only get better as it warms up. We should be fine down

the stretch.

We have been bringing up arms to replace Sale's spot in the rotation so some juggling

will be happening till Sox decide on a temp/permanent replacement.

As far as Dunn is concerned, I didn't think his transition from the NL to the AL was

going to bother him as much as it did but seeing what Pooholes is going through made me

reconsider.

Baseball is so streaky. We'll bounce back.

29 games in, a LOT to go.

You're right doughnut im just way too passionate about shit, which leads me to be ecstatic when we win, and really down when we lose consistantly.

I just hate to see the pitching fall apart when I was so confident we had one of the most well rounded staffs in beisbol.

The ALC is always up for grabs, I just wanna see the boys be a force in the playoffs again.

One last thing to bitch about.

Ive noticed the last dozen games that each time well have anywhere from 7-10 hits, and then have like 1 run?

Jesus fuck what kind of beisbol is that?

Looks like we just lost another....