Travelling/Hitchhiking/essentially being a piece of shit

forsit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been planning to make a hitch hiking thread but I've basically been too lazy. In my early twenties I hitch hiked a fair bit. I had a great experience doing it. If you're the kind of person who is not easily made afraid, you're ok with not sleeping and losing some creature comforts and you like meeting amazing/ interesting/ creepy people, then I'd say go for it.

You do need to remember you're taking a small but potetially serious risk, so you need to judge for yourself if you're going to take that risk. Personally I've never had a real problem all the times I did it though.

If you want some advice just let me know.

big_bottle_of_anal_lube.jpg

yea but heres the thing. A locked car going 70 mph is just the type of confined

space im not trying to share with a guy that may have plans to fuck and eat me.

1 second you are going to put on your seat belt and out comes the tazer. Wake

up in a homo dungeon chained to a wall and dressed like the gimp.

I can appreciate a good adventure but uh... why not hop a train instead? or

take the grayhound.

Even after standing on the side of the road for 6 hours remember to smile at the cars, no one wants to pick up a sour puss.

Looking out my window and thinking of things like mountain passes between here and Montana makes me wonder if your time of departure makes the most sense.

Dude, go for it. You're going to be with someone else, so the "getting eaten/raped" factor goes down. That's all bullshit anyway, unless you were maybe a young single female travelling alone. I think you're going to find that after 8 hours of sitting on the highway in the rain/snow/cold/heat etc., that hitchhiking isn't as cool as you thought and that Greyhound ticket isn't all that expensive after all. But you're young, you only live once.

Hitch hiking & hitch hikers eh. Don't know a thing about it except I don't pick them up. Fuck those people. Creeps.

Also like Morton and thems said, you're going to freeze to death, while assholes like me cruise by with three open seats and a dog that won't scoot over. Talmbout I can't barely see you out the steamed up window the heater be blasting so much.

• Like 2

I'm not gonna freeze to death, I'm not even worried about that at all. I just don't want to wait hours and hours for a ride and also don't want to spend a dime doing this. Hopping a freight seems fun, just kinda risky. As in I have no idea where in the fuck it's going haha.