Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

I could never live like that but keep doing what you do.

You would be surprised how clear your head gets after about 2 weeks out in a place like that.

All the noise of external chatter of the modern tech clogged world really clutters up the thought process, makes it damn near imposable to sort anything out...for me at least.

what does a shack like that cost in the middle of no place? you pay monthy rent or what???

i was wondering the same thing. i would assume the rent would be super cheap.

maybe i missed it, but what how exactly are you covering your expenses?

your food and nap places have been mostly free, but gas, supplies, etc.?

and do you have a regular city permanent residence?

I only have 8 minutes so I"ll have to make this short -

I started out with about $1000 which I had saved up working at an art store and getting a fat hookup from my boss whom I was dating at the time, super lady she was. Anyway gas has been the only consistent expense. When I got to Joplin I got free food and place to stay, and some money was made along the way, from passers by when I was painting a mural. My car broke down in Moose, WY where I was staying with a friend. Actually it was in Yellowstone, where I had to get towed out. I got towed to West Yellowstone and got a new timing belt & water pump to the tune of $750. That pretty much bankrolled me so i drove up to Eastern Montana to a little town where my great uncle was the pastor of a church. I did some work for him, as he was disabled, and he fed me and lodged me. I worked about 75 hours a week doing 3 jobs: a dishwasher *free dinners* on weekends (with tips), a groundskeeper for an outfitting company maintaining 9 cabins and a tractor, and helped a farmer grease and prepare Seeders for planting, which I helped with as well planting winter wheat in about 3,000 acres of land. That brought me a bit of an income and I ended up staying in that tiny ass town for almost 2 months. I was absolutely insane by the time I left. There was only 120 people in the town, and it was in a dry reservation.

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Walking Bear

• Like 1

KIR,

can we get a timeline of this trip? your dates are confusing the shit out of me.

haha and im not trying to be a cop but...

one of these would be cool

my-trip.png?w=527&h=438

i bet some of us would be willing to send you donations to keep it rail a bit longer this is the most entertaining thing on ch 0. besides frates retard brother