Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

i would happily donate money in exchange for something you deem appropriate from your trip. an essay written on a mountain, some bones, trinket found in the woods, etc.

consider it like a sponsorship from someone who respects your cause. PM me if you're interested.

KIR,

can we get a timeline of this trip? your dates are confusing the shit out of me.

I was thinking the same thing about the time line. Went back and looked through and it appears that even though he made the thread in September, he had already began the trip in June. So im guessing the initial post was some time after he started his journey.

Could be completely wrong...so let us know KIR!

Damn, thank you all for the support... That is really kind. To answer some of the questions, the house is on a month to month rent. The owner is leaving Nov. 1st to drive to Guatemala. The guy is quickly becoming a model of the human spirit in my eyes. Smoking golfballs of hash in Burma, staying in brothels in China, and taking shots with traditional Southeastern Chinese women in strange towns. Anyway, it's $500 a month. It's a lot. It's all I could find and I needed a place far away from people and somewhere with a woodstove, and land to hunt. So I'

m pretty much bankrolled right now, I have invested all of my savings in first/last months rent and deposit. Basically I have invested in myself, and it is very shaky territory. I am writing daily at least one page per day on an old Olympia typewriter I found in the attic. I also found a record player and lots of old records for dance music. The guy who lived here was a professional ball room dancer. Unfortunately he took his floor-to-ceiling mirror with him.

I apologize for the brief and uninspired chatter on this post - the woman who is overseeing this computer station (there is only 1 computer for rent - $4 an hour at the computer repair shop in town - no library ) feels it necessary to discuss the pros and cons and intimate details of each customer's life as it relates to their computer issues. Polite as I am, I find myself responding to each derailment of logic and confoundedness that spews from her mouth. She's pretty, so no big deal. It does wreck my concentration, though.

IMG_2044.jpg

I will make a timeline tonight.

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

Hopefully this weekend I will go hunting and exploring up in the woods behind the house. Even in this small town I am going nuts. I wish people would stop talking alltogether unless they had something reallyh worthwhile to say. I never understood just "chatting". Terribly annoying.

IMG_2035.jpg

The days are so short here. I often feel as if I'm dawdling my time away, cutting and splitting wood and watching grasshoppers in between bouts of painting. So little gets done, and then it's night time and I simply abhor the night time. I feel as if I'm photoemotionally dependent.

Would happily buy you a beer if you make it to the bay in exchange for Desert Eagle range time.

Haha dope.

KIR- keep on updating man

the northwest is rough like that, i'm a transplant here from colorado, and the seasonal change very much affects me as a person. vit D and constant distractions/activities.

sorry i didn't get at you earlier, had some issues with my house i've had to deal with for the last 2 weeks. looks like i found a job but have some time before i start if you're interested in heading out to the coast or something.

Thanks again, it's nice to know I got a place i can turn if I get super down and out... I've got enough for another month of living and I just got food stamps, which is unbelievable how I never got them before...Seems ridiculous, and strange..

These are the dudes I worked with in Montana planting wheat

FortSmithSeattle082.jpg

and the kittens that stayed in the barn: Lucy(fer), Minnie (Many)Mouse, and SA (Shitass).

FortSmithSeattle083.jpg

The guy who named them was sort of a mix between Rodney Dangerfield, Milton from Office Space, and the one guy that ZachGalifinakus plays in Into the Wild. Constant humor man..."Hey Dumbass, watch them gears on that trackter, they're slicker'n greased up dog shit!"

It provided more of an interesting background for the piece. Anywayyyy so when you get this, you just grab ahold of your branches and just Beat the Devil out of it. And it makes a most satisfying thwwack! if done correctly. The berries, and soem fo the sticks and leaves, will all separate from the branch pretty much uniformily and cleanly. It is really very satisfying.

FortSmithSeattle070.jpg

So I'm guessing you're Native American, right? I spent a bit of time on a few different reservations in Wisconsin and South Dakota, seems like this shit is in your blood. Seeing that berry soup shit brings back memories of hanging around my buddies place while his family did shit like that. I remember being 15 helping to skin pick-up truckloads of deer, preparing the hides, etc. So fucking cool for a kid from the east coast whose Dad shot two deer in 20 years to help with that. Rock on!