Travel Log - Hunting, Hitchhiking, Painting & Getting Dirty: Traveling Across America

Keepitrail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Travel Log - 2011 - USA

So I camped out in the campground area, which i was loathe to do, but... I had noticed there were a couple of very cute young women camping near an open spot, so i chose to take the bait. I got set up, and when i went over to their camp, as I had begun a fire, and was preparing the meal, I could not think of a tactful or pleasant way to ask them to come join me for some dead bird i found on the highway, which was sitting on the grated fire pit with no seasoning or anything. They declined, and I defied my loins' requests to remain, as I had worked up a wicked appetite.

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Friends, there is very little in the world that I have found as much pleasure from as eating that which you have killed - or at least was dead when you found it.

IMG_1841.jpg

I have had no bird, almost no meat at all, which compared to unseasoned pheasant.

IMG_1844.jpg

what is this tame shit?

ill need a skull bong or some slaughtered animals next time.

seriously though, how did you keep that phesant cold?

edit: also, what do you eat when they're no dead animals to be found?

I got it to a river about 5 miles down the road, and I told you dickswathing faggots that I'm taking the skull to a friend in NM who works with glass!

Hear here, Chokecherries!

IMG_1855.jpg

Rosehips (don't eat the seeds - they give you "itchy bum" ) but the fleshy mealy outer parts are edible and very high in vitamin C

So for it took me about I got stuck two nights ago DO NOT GO OFFROAD NO ORV ALLOWED!!!

So of course I went offroad.

Eventually, after about 4 hours of inching back, handbrake, and putting all matter of nonsense behind my two wheel drive Subaru (the fuck?) I got out, but alas, my bumper stayed behind!

IMG_0167.jpg

whoops