Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fist 666

************************ hella sikk tattz thread?

i agree, its lame that anil didn't have tattoos, which i imagine is where all the hate really comes from. its not really about the dumb tattoos he did, its about the idea of someone taking from tattooing without giving back. but again, IMO thats a bit of an over simplification. tattooed or not, he was working at a level waaaay above the vast majority of tattooers. that in itself has some merit. certainly when you fast forward to today and you see all these chinese supply companies, ebay machine makers, 100 scratcher shops per city... just cause they have tattoos, are they 'giving' anything more back? are they any more deserving of respect?

tattooing without having tattoos is definitely lame but personally I'm finding that judging anything on such simple terms tends to leave a lot out. i'd be much more inclined to judge him on that god awful logo and the fact that he just looks fucking creepy.

i normally don't chime in around here and just look at the hecka sick tats but what's the big deal about dude not having any tattoos? if he understands the craft and does it well how is that a valid point for knocking his art? i make art, doesn't mean that i necessarily want your art in my house. i'll readily admit that i don't know shit about tattooing, so i'm more curious than looking to argue with anyone.

what if someone was making money off graffiti but they just painted a couple walls in someones basement. even if they were bad ass, theres a lot more to graffiti than the final product. same goes for tattooing.

On the other hand if Gupta was getting tattooed when he was younger he might have learned not to do postage stamp reproductions of giant paintings. I he might not have, but he certainly would have been less likely to, and MORE likely to know better and to move on to desert chrome toasters. I mean...that's the real shit.

Dude has skill for sure, lot of tattooers talk shit but he contributes in his own way. Theres a lot of shit talking about these tattoo schools and people like Gupta who dont fit the culture so to speak but a lot of those shit talkers are buying knockoff machines and power supplys and not supporting the original builders thats worse IMHO

Some recent Ryan Gagne stuff. My tattoo is in here but I'm not going to point out which one, because you're all judgemental dicks...

a30d2812876e11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

9f2d0948835d11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

549f0eb486c611e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

757c1dce88f711e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

da9945f0876d11e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

• Like 1

anil gupta's a boss. look at his work apart from the micro tats he kills it. i saw him getting tattooed by guy/filip/booth/jack. if the only tattoo i had was from those 4 dudes i wouldnt be rushing out to get covered in a bunch of other rubbish either.

also nice bob shaw pic!

wanted to add i think ben grillo is one of the best doing it right now. both deserve respect. grillo's stuff might be more what's "in" or something maybe that's another reason he gets a pass for tiny tats and anil gets crumbed on.

ZachR051010Einstein.jpg

pretty clear you're just trying to hate.

thats fine. no law says you gotta like him, but at least admit thats the case.

So I'm gunna find myself in Pittsburgh June 5th for a show. The only shop I've come across on the net which looked promising is Pale Horse Tattoo.

http://palehorsetattoo.com/?page_id=23

If I'm looking past any other solid shops a heads up would be greatly appreciated. Figured shit I'm there why not get something

LOL at shops still naming themselves MURDER INK SHADOWBLACK PIERCINGS PINHEAD ALTERATIONS

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now