Amsterfail

12packprophet

I'll bet their tourism abruptly comes to a halt and their economy tanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110527/wl_nm/us_dutch_cannabis

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) – The Dutch government on Friday said it would start banning tourists from buying cannabis from "coffee shops" and impose restrictions on Dutch customers by the end of the year.

The Netherlands is well known for having one of Europe's most liberal soft drug policies that has made its cannabis shops a popular tourist attraction, particularly in Amsterdam.

Backed by the far-right party of anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders, the coalition government that came into power last year announced plans to curb drug tourism as part of a nationwide program to promote health and fight crime.

"In order to tackle the nuisance and criminality associated with coffee shops and drug trafficking, the open-door policy of coffee shops will end," the Dutch health and justice ministers wrote in a letter to the country's parliament on Friday.

Under the new rules, only Dutch residents will be able to sign up as members of cannabis shops.

Dutch customers will have to sign up for at least a year's membership and each shop would be expected to have only up to 1,500 members, a justice ministry spokesman said.

The policy will roll out in the southern provinces of Limburg, Noord Brabant and Zeeland by the end of the year and the rest of the country next year, the spokesman said.

Amsterdam, home to about 220 coffee shops, is already in the process of closing some in its red light district. Some officials have resisted the measures, saying they will push the soft drug trade underground.

Some Dutch border towns including Maastricht and Terneuzen have already restricted the sale of marijuana to foreigners.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just there about two weeks ago.

The prostitutes are great and all, but I really don't see any other reason why anyone would come to Amsterfail other than to get high. The city itself isn't anything spectacular.

No offense to any of you perfect English American accent speaking Dutchman out there.

I know it is shocking

hahah I didnt mean to type that my wife was talking to me at the same time and that is what I said to her!!

Who gives a shit, Weed isn't hard to get and if I was dutch I wouldn't want all the tourists coming and fucking up my town.

They are also clamping down on the Red Light zone.

hahah I didnt mean to type that my wife was talking to me at the same time and that is what I said to her!!

Who gives a shit, Weed isn't hard to get and if I was dutch I wouldn't want all the tourists coming and fucking up my town.

They are also clamping down on the Red Light zone.

Point being that that's the driving force behind their economy.

Tourism.

Like dude up there said, why the fuck would anyone want to visit Amsterdam other than to legally smoke weed and bang whores?

That's like Las Vegas banning gambling.

Their economy is doomed.

definitely but the reason for it is the Right Wing party that they voted in, if their economy fucks up it is their own fault for voting cunts into power

Exactly.

I'm sure it's the same as how the right wing gains power in the US though.

Everybody's too busy getting high and banging whores to give a shit about voting, so a vocal minority got their way at the polls.

Exactly.

I'm sure it's the same as how the right wing gains power in the US though.

Everybody's too busy getting high and banging whores to give a shit about voting, so a vocal minority got their way at the polls.

:lol: :lol:

Relax.

A ) That's how democracy works. You want someone to win, vote for them. You want someone to lose, vote against them. You want someone to have a better chance of winning, mobilize a lot of people to vote for them.

B ) Obama took office by reaching out to the black vote and the youth vote, two contingencies within the american voting population that are wildly underrepresented.

This isn't some right wing satanic trick. Both parties do this and it's how politics work.

im so glad gay shit like this does not effect my life at all... i been to amsterdam, haarlem, roterdamn and i could not tell you a fucking thing about weed places or what they even look like inside... i always assumed that was bottom tier of things to do while in the Netherlands... guess not....