2010 world cup

snatch316

You know, Disney, Sportsmanship, holding hands

All that shit goes down the toilet when it's about winning a football match.

Suarez knew this and went to twilight zone and outer limits

Next game will be Holland and Suarez plays in Ajax. he would've been fiery shit in that game.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not 2 sure about netherlands..but would they be the underdog remaining for the tournie.?

:rolleyes:

Ruud_Van_Nistelrooy_-_Pleased_To_Beat_You.jpg

too bad Ruud ain't around:(

just checked their world ranking..boy was i wrong.

how does the world ranking system work btw?

Ranking points = 100(Result points x Match status x Opposition strength x Regional strength)

Results for all matches played in the year are averaged together (assuming at least five matches have been played). The average ranking points for the four previous years, weighted by their multiplier mentioned above, are added together to arrive at the final ranking points.

Opposition strength multiplier = (200-ranking position)/100

Regional strength multiplier = (Team 1 regional weighting + Team 2 regional weighting)/2

Each confederation is assigned a weighting between 0.85 and 1.0, based on the relative performance of the confederations in the last three World Cups.

Match status Multiplier

Friendly match x 1.0

FIFA World Cup and Continental cup qualifiers x 2.5

Continental cup and Confederations Cup finals x 3.0

World Cup finals match x 4.0

Result Points

Win (no penalty shootout) 3

Win (penalty shootout) 2

Draw 1

Loss (penalty shootout) 1

Loss (no penalty shootout) 0

(correct me if i'm remembering the brackets incorrectly)

this basically makes netherlands the home team for the rest of the tournament.

everyone in the stadium who's not uruguayan is going to be cheering for the dutch to win. as if they aren't clear favorites already.

this pro-dutch sentiment will carry into the next match, most likely against argentina, germany, or spain. all the teams with significant numbers of black players (brazil, france, and the african teams) are out, so there's not much to swing the uncommitted fans' favor to any of those squads rather than the dutch.

i'd put money on it, anyway.

you're pretty much the worst englishman ever!

yep pretty much, I have no loyalty to this country, hell I don't even live in England haha

actually edit this, I just dont see why I should support England in Football, I am not that interested in football so I just want to see entertaining matches, and England just don't play entertaining football. As for being married to a german well shit happens haha

someone up there said argentina were shit.

put credit where credit is due.

the way the germans played today was pure poetry.

germans in this match = why it's called the beautiful game.

I don't see how any credit is due to Argentina in that match, they were rubbish, they lacked the final touch and all their stars didn't perform in the slightest, Germany just outclassed them so I think saying they were shit is pretty much a fair summary of their performance today

argentina werent at their best, but germany completely raped them. every single goal was because of amazing passing and maneuvering.

i feel like germany's defense wasn't very strong today, but neither was argentinas offense. there were 2 times where argentina should have made goals and they just completely fucked it up.