Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
publicenemyno.3

getting a dog

so, i've been wanting to get a dog since i moved out of my last place. my roommate bought a puppy right before i moved out and it was a real hassle. i've had dogs growing up but i've never bought a dog and anyone i've asked doesnt really have any decent or concrete advice. i found one that i like on craigslist. its a female jack russel terrier / maltese mix that's 5 months old. it has its shots and the owner is asking for a 160 ducat rehoming fee to cover the shots.

here's a picture

027.jpg

and the listing which is full of all sorts of fucked up spelling and grammar

hi,

i am need to re home and Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix....please do not flag are delete this posting, i am not an breeder by any means this little girl was on the streets when i found her and i got her back to great heath and the vet said she was about 5 months old.....i give her all the shorts that she need and all the tlc that i can, she is houses train and kennel train, she is go with all that i have her.... she gets alone great with other dogs and kids, she is so sweet and loving, and she know to sit, stay, come, down.....i am asking an re home fee, just the amount that i had put in her, please email me, for info and pic....please please do not delete or flag this post

thanks

my apartment isnt huge and wont accommodate a large dog plus im not really used to them. any advice on whether this is a good idea or how i should go about finding a decent dog is appreciated.

in return, ass.

dsc_0055_jpg1-250x373.jpg

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Every dog I have owned I rescued, it is the only way to go.

I don't want to get started on pet stores and breeders....

She's a cute dog but this sounds fishy...if your heart is set on "adopting her", ask to see some receipts or some kind of documentation from the vet saying she's healthy.

Otherwise, try the SPCA.

Shelters are the best thing, helps dogs in need, and you usually create a bond that unmatched by anything else.

If it sounds fishy, it is. Find a good shelter in your area and go adopt a dog

i just started looking and yeah i was thinking the same about the reciepts. i had a jack russel growing up and wanted to get another one since she died a year ago. shelters were the next step, then probably breeders. im on a budget cus of some recent investments and my girl's bday, our six month and valentines coming up. its gonna be a rough february.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Every dog I have owned I rescued, it is the only way to go.

I don't want to get started on pet stores and breeders....

^^this.

Rescued dogs from the shelters make the greatest dogs. Also, its only like 65 beans which includes their shots and spay/neuter... and you save them from being put down.

dont buy a fuckin dog get a rat or some manageable type shit. dogs are fresh but they are just like having a baby because they need a shit load of attention and time and money. but if you do, go to a shelter.

and now threadjack.

post buff ass dogs.

wendy1.png

wendy2.png

whippetDM1207_468x255.jpg

• Like 1

get a rescue pug.

a lot of people abandon them and they are easily the best breed of dog ive owned.

my pug is sitting on the chair/bench next to me as i type this.

My friends roomate from college got a dog.. he left for winter break and he came back and the dog made a nest under his bed, pissed and shit on top of it, shit on the ground, tore his clothes apart. destroyed his room, and his roomate didn't do shit about it. hahahaha thats fucked up!

Good.

Don't leave a new dog for a roomate to take care of, especially over a whole winter break. Apparently they don't teach those kind of smarts in college.

I think the roommate was the one with the dog.

If I had come back and found my room like that and a roommate who said "Meh," he (and possibly the dog) would get to drink from the firehose.

WHARRGARBL indeed.

I hate shitty pet owners...I make it a point to project any of their pet's bad behavior onto them, which invariably gets the response "What? I didn't do it, the___________did."

Mainly it's this thing I have about undisciplined people having dogs. If they have no personal discipline, how the hell can they expect to train a dog? It's going to turn out just like them. Yelling and beating the poor dog isn't the answer, but that's usually what happens...so yeah. I have no problem abusing people who can't take responsibility for their dog's behavior, it's usually a sign that they aren't much different.

After having been bit by a few dogs and getting a couple indifferent responses (usually "wow, he's never done that before") I don't waste time letting people know where I stand on this. Sometimes preemptively.

Rescue dogs are the way to go. I would not want to deal with a puppy myself. I have no idea where folks are getting the low price on rescue dogs. Around here it is like 500 dollars.

get a rescue pug.

a lot of people abandon them and they are easily the best breed of dog ive owned.

my pug is sitting on the chair/bench next to me as i type this.

i work with a couple of pug rescue groups as well as other rescue groups.

please don't buy a dog, esp off craigs list.

there are so many wonderful dogs out there, including puppies that are up for adoption and need good homes.

you can contact me if you need help adopting one.

Rescue dogs are the way to go. I would not want to deal with a puppy myself. I have no idea where folks are getting the low price on rescue dogs. Around here it is like 500 dollars.

I rescued my cattle dog as a puppy from the Yakima humane society, she cost me $75.00 and she was spayed. I highly recommend heading out there if you ever want another dog, they're a kill shelters, and are always over flowing with dogs.

rescue dogs are awesome.

that dog up there looks pretty awesome too though.

i got my girl on discount, which is amazing because she is a fantastic lil pup

in fact i just spent a grand to save her from a GI obstruction.

anyway, she came cheap as they needed to get rid of her, only $80 from our SPCA

also came spayed, microchipped and loving as all get out

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now