getting a dog

publicenemyno.3

so, i've been wanting to get a dog since i moved out of my last place. my roommate bought a puppy right before i moved out and it was a real hassle. i've had dogs growing up but i've never bought a dog and anyone i've asked doesnt really have any decent or concrete advice. i found one that i like on craigslist. its a female jack russel terrier / maltese mix that's 5 months old. it has its shots and the owner is asking for a 160 ducat rehoming fee to cover the shots.

here's a picture

027.jpg

and the listing which is full of all sorts of fucked up spelling and grammar

hi,

i am need to re home and Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix....please do not flag are delete this posting, i am not an breeder by any means this little girl was on the streets when i found her and i got her back to great heath and the vet said she was about 5 months old.....i give her all the shorts that she need and all the tlc that i can, she is houses train and kennel train, she is go with all that i have her.... she gets alone great with other dogs and kids, she is so sweet and loving, and she know to sit, stay, come, down.....i am asking an re home fee, just the amount that i had put in her, please email me, for info and pic....please please do not delete or flag this post

thanks

my apartment isnt huge and wont accommodate a large dog plus im not really used to them. any advice on whether this is a good idea or how i should go about finding a decent dog is appreciated.

in return, ass.

dsc_0055_jpg1-250x373.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Every dog I have owned I rescued, it is the only way to go.

I don't want to get started on pet stores and breeders....

i just started looking and yeah i was thinking the same about the reciepts. i had a jack russel growing up and wanted to get another one since she died a year ago. shelters were the next step, then probably breeders. im on a budget cus of some recent investments and my girl's bday, our six month and valentines coming up. its gonna be a rough february.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Shelters.

Every dog I have owned I rescued, it is the only way to go.

I don't want to get started on pet stores and breeders....

^^this.

Rescued dogs from the shelters make the greatest dogs. Also, its only like 65 beans which includes their shots and spay/neuter... and you save them from being put down.

WHARRGARBL indeed.

I hate shitty pet owners...I make it a point to project any of their pet's bad behavior onto them, which invariably gets the response "What? I didn't do it, the___________did."

Mainly it's this thing I have about undisciplined people having dogs. If they have no personal discipline, how the hell can they expect to train a dog? It's going to turn out just like them. Yelling and beating the poor dog isn't the answer, but that's usually what happens...so yeah. I have no problem abusing people who can't take responsibility for their dog's behavior, it's usually a sign that they aren't much different.

After having been bit by a few dogs and getting a couple indifferent responses (usually "wow, he's never done that before") I don't waste time letting people know where I stand on this. Sometimes preemptively.

get a rescue pug.

a lot of people abandon them and they are easily the best breed of dog ive owned.

my pug is sitting on the chair/bench next to me as i type this.

i work with a couple of pug rescue groups as well as other rescue groups.

please don't buy a dog, esp off craigs list.

there are so many wonderful dogs out there, including puppies that are up for adoption and need good homes.

you can contact me if you need help adopting one.

Rescue dogs are the way to go. I would not want to deal with a puppy myself. I have no idea where folks are getting the low price on rescue dogs. Around here it is like 500 dollars.

I rescued my cattle dog as a puppy from the Yakima humane society, she cost me $75.00 and she was spayed. I highly recommend heading out there if you ever want another dog, they're a kill shelters, and are always over flowing with dogs.

rescue dogs are awesome.

that dog up there looks pretty awesome too though.

i got my girl on discount, which is amazing because she is a fantastic lil pup

in fact i just spent a grand to save her from a GI obstruction.

anyway, she came cheap as they needed to get rid of her, only $80 from our SPCA

also came spayed, microchipped and loving as all get out

i hate when people get rid of animals just due to sickness, bad behavior, etc. i picked up my cat (one of them) half dead on the street at 2 weeks old with it's eyes crusted totally shut, and it's ribs fully visible through it's fur. i ended up dropping close to a grand on it, and it's the best cat i've ever encountered in my life. hell, it's laying right next to me with it's head on my lap now, just purring it's ass off, and i haven't done anything. rescued animals know you love them, and they show it quite a bit. dr pepper, gazuga(my other cat, who looks like a crazy-ass tiger), and my bunny rick james (from a pet shop, but he was so distressed there, his fur was falling out in chunks. after a few weeks at home, he calmed down, and after about a year his temperament is that of a bunny who was never in a bad situation in the first place, however he bites everyone except me) were all 'rescued' from bad situations, and now they're the best. just some food for thought.

We just rescued our dog from a kill Shelter, she was left in the snow tied to a light post behind a firehouse with another pit bull. She seems to be a pit/shepard mix.... The other dog was rescued. She's very timid and a little aggressive towards strangers definetely not very trusting of people right now (probably was abused by her last owner) but once she warms up to you, such a loving dog already... we'll bring her around... very happy, since our last dog we had for 16 years (Black Shepard) and we had to put her down recentely, normally you don't get 16 years out of such a big dog, we we're happy we got that much time with her. We couldn't bear to see her in pain anymore, and it was to the point we had been carrying her inside and outside to do her business etc. Once we saw her bleeding when she would drop 2, we had no choice. She lived the last 3 years with a gigantic cyst on her back leg, about the size of a melon.... but it never stopped her. Props to anyone rescuing dogs, they really need it and a lot of these dogs have been through some real bullshit. Our last dog was a rescue, and there is nothing like a rescue dog, because you can just tell they appreciate all that you do for them, because they know how bad it can be... Sorry for the rant, just got mad love for my four legged friends. I hear you cracked, you wouldn't just toss your grandmother to the curb if she was sick, or doing something she couldn't help... We know another guy out this way who has a shit load of property, and he adopts older sick dogs and lets them ride out till they ride out official, cool ass dude... even has a dog with no legs he puts on the back of his quad and rides around with, and you can tell the dog loves every second of it... some people can't raise kids nevermind dogs... too much ignorance out there... to be a dog owner, you need mad patience, especially a rescue, be prepared to put the dog before anything else... especially if there are behavior issues..... any dog can be taught to come back around, they just want to make you happy... good luck.

jude1.jpg.7ce3b91bc818e8c312bd11435120572c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...