Carbonated shit water: The "You might be drinking shit" thread

lord_casek

48% of Fast Food Soda Fountains Contain Bacteria that Grew in Feces

damn hippies

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/01/48-percent-fast-food-soda-fountains-contain-bacteria-grew-feces.php

Coliform bacteria was detected in 48% of the beverages and 20% had a heterotrophic plate count greater than 500 cfu/ml. [...] More than 11% of the beverages analyzed contained Escherichia coli [E. Coli] and over 17% contained Chryseobacterium meningosepticum. Other opportunistic pathogenic microorganisms isolated from the beverages included species of Klebsiella, Staphylococcus, Stenotrophomonas, Candida, and Serratia. Most of the identified bacteria showed resistance to one or more of the 11 antibiotics tested.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I layed off the soda a while back anyhow because while it's good occasionally, it's really shitty for you. These have been all around NYC for a minute now:

NYC-anti-soda-ad1.jpg

And the beer thing is true too, many (most?) places do not clean their lines regularly if at all, so you could be drinking some nasyt shit in your brew too.

McDonalds fries suck these days, BK has by far the best. BK burgers are also the shit.

On the poultry side of things, McDonalds has the best chicken nuggets, while Wendys has the best chicken sandwiches.

I don't really eat fast food too often anymore, but it is still amazing sometimes. I also don't really like soda period, I usually only drink it with pizza or buffalo wings. 99% of the time if I'm not drinking alcohol of some kind I'm drinking water

and to think... we used to carry a orange construction cooler and a long flexible tube and take advantage of the "fill up your own container for .65 cents" at the gas station whenever we needed to re up on soda at the house

(they dont let people do this anymore, it only worked about 5 times :lol:)

Skim milk always

I used to work at a cafe, and one day our milk delivery didn't come with any skim. I called the boss to ask him if he wanted me to go get some at the store, he said "just pour some water into the whole milk, I bet noone notices".

Noone did, and after that we never ordered skim milk again haha

fuck it....shit like this never scars me anymore.

germs are everywhere anyway.

Truth.

Not to mention the whole bottled water false consciousness that is on full blast these days. People afraid to drink tap water because it's dirty or whatever bullshit they squawk about. Bottled water is no cleaner. The only reason to buy bottled water is if you are not around a clean tap or in some country with nasty plumbing, like India. What's next, buying clean air because it's so polluted outside? Gimme a fucking break. This shit is no better than when morons buy duct tape, plastic wrap, and milk in bulk during severe storms.

Make sure you wash your hands every time a breeze blows, people! If you don't a terrorist might have killed you with anthrax or Islam germs.

• Like 1

Providence has some of the cleanest tap water in the country, so I'll admit I'm spoiled. I'll drink that all day long, but I can't drink the tap water in other states, or even other cities around me. It's not because I'm afraid it's "dirty", it's because it tastes weird to me.

I only drink 3 or 4 different kinds of bottled water too, because most of them taste bad to me.

Poland Spring FTW