Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WORDISM45

ROAD TRIP USA (and Canada)

Hey, so as some of you may know myself and my two compadres who go by the collective name of Dailycrunch have been on a round the world trip for the last 9 months ( see photos here http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132407 ). Well we have left Europe and are now in NYC. We are planning on buying a 60's US muscle car (or a mid 90s toyota camry) and driving first from here to Canada to see some friends in Toronto nd Montreal, and then on driving all over the States for 3 months or so.

Apart from New Orleans, Austin, and San Fran we really don't have any idea on where to go and what to do. So please ch0 take a few minutes out of your day to give us some advice on where/what to do go and see and props will flow down upon you like mana from heaven. please fee free to either pm or post in this thread. Cheers, Stu

Guest 50million

new mexico if you like food, austin if you like music and bars....san diego if you like warm weather and beaches, tijuana if you like donkey shows and drugs, wyoming if you like prettyness while driving, there is a lego factory somewhere in the middle of america....Kentucky if you like whiskey, portland if you like music and good food....seattle if you like hanging out (it might be cold though)...chicago i hear is cool.

Atlanta and New Orleans come to mind. Try some cajun cooking in NOLA. Red beans, rice, and cornbread.

In Atlanta or the surrounding areas, try the southern barbeque. Good stuff.

If you go through Alabama, look this place up:

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/

• Like 1

yea new orleans. check out the graveyards. eat at verdi mart and magazine st poboy. the whole town is great. never a dull moment

go to the south, acquire tasty food.

DC on the way to pull hipster tail in adams morgan and get food with mumbo sauce.

Come through L.A. Should take up to three months just to drive through all the traffic.

If I was you, I'd go from Toronto through Detroit to Chicago, then down to STL, across Kansas and into the Colorado Rockies, into Utah, through Vegas and down to LA/San Diego... then flip a bitch down 10 and go through Phoenix, New Mexico, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, up to Atlanta... that should take a good long while and some cash.

You never did say where you have to end back up at.

If I was you, I'd go from Toronto through Detroit to Chicago, then down to STL, across Kansas and into the Colorado Rockies, into Utah, through Vegas and down to LA/San Diego... then flip a bitch down 10 and go through Phoenix, New Mexico, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, up to Atlanta... that should take a good long while and some cash.

You never did say where you have to end back up at.

we have to end up at san fran but that route sounds pretty cool, we arent really keen on going to big cities like chicago and detroit for no reason though, prefer smaller citites that you can really get a feel of without living there for months

The best places to feel "at home" in are in the south. Try to stay away from the trashy areas, as you are Australians and your accents might spook the natives.

I'd recommend Nashville, TN for a good spot to get a feel for the south. Plenty of cool stuff to see (the Parthenon), good food, and pretty nice people. Ask Kimjungilla about good places to eat, etc. Tennesseans will make you feel at home. Stay away from Memphis. It's dirty and it sucks.

Kentucky sucks, as well. It's probably the aidsiest state in the south. Alabama is only good for one thing: dreamland barbeque.

Florida is full of New Yorkers and Canadians. You are seeing both of these right now. Imagine them at the beach. That's Florida.

The Carolina's kinda suck. Beautiful scenery, scary rednecks. Most are friendly. Try the weed.

Georgia: I already told you about GA. Atlanta and Savannah are good places to check out.

Savannah being the more friendly area. In Atlanta, there are over 100 streets with "Peachtree" in the name and everyone claims that "Ponce De Leon" will get you where you

want to go. They are lying.

If you decide to go to Washington D.C......well, just look at it on the internet. Everything is the hood there, minus the mall (not the shopping mall).

. Stay away from Memphis. It's dirty and it sucks.

Memphis is dirty and i used to hate it... but it's got it's own thing going for it as a city and is full of culture. You can't experience Memphis on the surface. Lord said it- it's boring and dirty... but you have to dig to find what you're looking for or know someone who does and honestly it really depends on what you're into. if you don't like music or ridiculously good BBQ... don't bother.

BUT, If you happen to stumble upon Memphis- get at me.

As long as you're white you should be good. Just stay out of the black parts. If you see too many tall-tees and shitty cars with cereal brands painted on the sides, you took a wrong turn.

Memphis is dirty and i used to hate it... but it's got it's own thing going for it as a city and is full of culture. You can't experience Memphis on the surface. Lord said it- it's boring and dirty... but you have to dig to find what you're looking for or know someone who does and honestly it really depends on what you're into. if you don't like music or ridiculously good BBQ... don't bother.

BUT, If you happen to stumble upon Memphis- get at me.

Tell him about the area where Graceland is located.....also, please tell me the name of that bbq joint right near it. I forget and the bbq is fire.

We camped in Yosemite for a few days when I did my road trip. It was god damned amazing.

yosemite20valley20view20panorama.jpg

listen to this post!

Yosemite is dope!

DSC00185.jpg

schnitzel there in july 09

also the coast from the redwoods up to Portland Oregon is stunning to drive along

Go to DC it's fun and the smithsonian is pretty cool that way after New york you get all your museums fixes for the rest of the trip!

If you know how to drive in snow/ice come to Vermont from Montreal. It's not pretty now, but after it starts snowing it will be.

If you don't know how to drive, either don't come or don't crash into me.

Actually, on second thought. I think the park closes in the winter months because its so bananas to get around, even in the summer.

Tell him about the area where Graceland is located.....also, please tell me the name of that bbq joint right near it. I forget and the bbq is fire.

Oh Graceland is in the hood... but fuck all that noise. Don't come to Memphis to see that heap of shit... or to pay any tribute to Elvis.

Not to get sidetracked Lord, but i'm not sure i've been to any BBQ joints over there. The most reputable place in the city is Interstate BBQ and it looks the same as it did in the 60's. It's incredible.

Yosemite looks nice! My girl and i are taking a road trip out west this summer... and this is on the list.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now