snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted to buy a new board bc i got mine last year used from some guy, it's too small for me.

I'm 6'4, how big should my board be?

DDedepends on the terrain u generally ride and your ability

As a rule of thumb, most people ride boards thar are way too big for them, which limits their overall ability

Personally I'm 5'9 and I ride a 154

My roommate who I do all my riding with is 6'2 and rides a 156

We ride mostly groomers and park...with the occasional powder dip...if your worried about floating pow, then look into alternative camber.

I spent the first 6 years riding a directional 159 regular camber board and needless to say the day I hopped on a shorter flat kick cambered board I felt like I was 25% more comfortable jumping and throwing my board around.than before.

just watched the art of flight over night. made me go out and do some of my checks on my rock board with only a foot of snow. fucking love when a movie makes you snowboard when there's still water-bars, boulders and streams running throughout the mountain.

props for the recommendation. I got an hd copy on demonoid.

• 1 month later...

Drinking on the lift/blazing in the trees.

I say give it a go.

For the cost to rent everything you need for a weekend, you're better off just buying gear and selling it if you decide snowboarding isn't for you. It may be different other places, but here rentals are really over priced.

aye man, my mates are saying that they can get me deals on rentals, and that they'll probably hae gear i could use...

we get pretty long seasons here. last year there was still snow til the end o' june on some slopes...

the runs are short though, that's the only complaint i hear from boys...

Wow that would be nice. We barely had a season at all here. There was barely any snow this year. They're saying possible drought because of it.

My advice would be- don't bother with the bunny slope. Just go to the top and learn on your way down. And don't let the first trip or two scare you away. You're going to be falling a lot and really sore.

Wow that would be nice. We barely had a season at all here. There was barely any snow this year. They're saying possible drought because of it.

My advice would be- don't bother with the bunny slope. Just go to the top and learn on your way down. And don't let the first trip or two scare you away. You're going to be falling a lot and really sore.

just watched art of flight freaking amazing!

also i have been planning to buy a new board for a while now, do you guys have any suggestions? i don't really want to spend too much money, you guys have any suggestions of the brand or if there are places online to get them for cheaper?

• 3 weeks later...

ha....ha, props for the gif but you know what i meant!

anyways today i had some problems with either my bindings or board :S

my front foot binding was loose and moving around so i went and tightened it, and as soon as i went down again it was loose again....is it the screws? or the holes in my board or something with the bindings :S anyone ever have this problem?