snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back 2 days ago from a Lake Tahoe boarding trip. The weather was really good, in the 60s and had me in a Tshirt. It looked like they hadnt gotten any snow for at least a week, so there wasnt really much powder. Bummer too considering thats why I took the trip - powder boarding. Either way I ended up having an anwsome time

Bump for snowboarding

Looking at going out for the first time when its the season here then me and a mate are looking at hitting up Canada to get some resort work or whatever in the mountains for next years season.

Ive never even seen snow before. I predict myself injuring myself somehow off small jumps.

32s are the worst and most notorious snowboard boot to pack out.

Almost everyone I know with them this season has destroyed them.

I have to wear 2 pairs of socks+broken about 4 lace rings.

Other than the extremely fast wear and tear on them, they're my favourite boot

Just got back from a late season session up at Kirkwood...

We went back country with a buddies snow-cat off of HWY 88 on Monday and hit up Kirkwood all day Tuesday. Definitely some of the best late season snow I have ever seen. That storm us Cali heads had over the weekend DUMPED. A fresh three feet of fluff and great weather.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST AM I SUNBURNT THOUGH. Banana boat needs to make an SPF - IRISH PEOPLE.

• 5 months later...

oh and fuck mountains and the companies that own them charging so much for seasons pass..

i can either get a pass that 400bucks and i can only go weekdays or get one that 700 and it still have 15 fucking blackout days.. or i can pay 1000 and get the best, which is not happening.

lift ticket price regular seasons - $77

lift ticket price value season - $75.

wow great savings

Colorado passes are mad cheap compared to the "bigger" resorts back east. Supply and demand.

I used to get the 3 mountain Keystone, A Basin, and Breck, no blackout with 10 passes to Vail and Bever Creek for around $350.

Back here this shit is ridiculously expensive for a shitty ice mountain where you spend more time in a lift line on weekends than you do actually riding.

In Colorado I never once waited more than 30 seconds to get on a lift.

• Like 1

It all depends on how close the resort is to a populated area, pretty much makes the entire east coast expensive and places in CA higher also.

In Colorado, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming there are very few people 1 days drive away compared to the amount of resorts.

Basically the season tickets are sold to raise money to open the resort, the resorts main profits come from people who buy the single lift tickets.

I remember a few people saying it takes till the end of December until the resorts actually make back as much money as the operational costs.

Considering they're usually open by October in the west that's a lot of catching up, those early season passes help a lot.

Back here on the East Coast they start churning profits earlier relatively speaking during the Christmas/New Years vacation break then for the rest of the season.

They need more snow making money and more employees here, but get much more customers on their tiny Ice Hills.

So season passes aren't as big of a priority to curb paying interest on borrowed start up money and they charge more.

Plus more people here want to buy them because they have more locals relatively speaking.

oh and fuck mountains and the companies that own them charging so much for seasons pass..

i can either get a pass that 400bucks and i can only go weekdays or get one that 700 and it still have 15 fucking blackout days.. or i can pay 1000 and get the best, which is not happening.

lift ticket price regular seasons - $77

lift ticket price value season - $75.

wow great savings

Come to Vancouver. I got the free riding and discounts at nearly anywhere on the west coast.